PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Holiday Sale

TJordan522
12-16-2012, 06:46 PM
The Phillies held their annual holiday sale this weekend. Did any forum members go?

If so, how was the selection? What did you pick up?

Dewey2007
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I live in California so I couldn't make it. Would be interested to know if the Phillies had any Jimmy Rollins items available at the sale?

The Phillies held their annual holiday sale this weekend. Did any forum members go?

If so, how was the selection? What did you pick up?

tharuier
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Me and another fellow collector went down but the selection was not good at all as there were no major players mostly 3rd string guys.

Chris78
12-17-2012, 05:04 AM
I thought this year's selection was the worst of the last 5 years I attended. I believe the biggest name was an Ibanez red. By the time I got there, the biggest name was Ross Gload. This event does not have Rollins or that tier of players. I did buy some Ironpigs guys BP Red Phillies jerseys for $20 (Belliard, Moss, Larish, Barfield). Saturday had better selection (which is not saying much) and prices were discounted slightly on Sunday for stuff. I thought the coolest item was the actual unused base top for the 2009 World Series that was $50 (originally marked $150). I would have preferred 2008, but still very nice. They also had autographed bats, balls, and hats and a few game used bats (wigginton, schierholtz, dobbs, etc.). I would like to hear other opinions.

Chris

Chris78
12-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I thought this year's selection was the worst of the last 5 years I attended. I believe the biggest name was an Ibanez red. By the time I got there, the biggest name was Ross Gload. This event does not have Rollins or that tier of players. I did buy some Ironpigs guys BP Red Phillies jerseys for $20 (Belliard, Moss, Larish, Barfield). Saturday had better selection (which is not saying much) and prices were discounted slightly on Sunday for stuff. I thought the coolest item was the actual unused base top for the 2009 World Series that was $50 (originally marked $150). I would have preferred 2008, but still very nice. They also had autographed bats, balls, and hats and a few game used bats (wigginton, schierholtz, dobbs, etc.). I would like to hear other opinions.

Chris

I would also like to add that this event tends to have jerseys from non-roster invitees, cup of coffee players, or players on the 40 man roster that never play for the Phillies. It also tends to have guys not associated to the team anymore. If you buy the media guide from the prior season (in this case 2011), you have a good idea what they will have.

Chris

brianborsch
12-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Did they have any Juan Pierre items? I am looking for some uncracked Juan Pierre bats.

Chris78
12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Did they have any Juan Pierre items? I am looking for some uncracked Juan Pierre bats.

Ask next year.....the rotation for this event would be to look at the 2012 media guide and that gives you an idea of what they will have. Juan Pierre is a non-roster invitee in 2012 and is not returning next season. He also will be a bigger name in terms of this sale in 2013.

Chris

TJordan522
12-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Chris

Did you go both days? I wonder if they hold anything back on Saturday and put that additional stuff out on Sunday to give the Sunday shoppers a shot at it...or if it just all goes out Saturday.

Were there any batting helmets? I've been looking for a normal red batting helmet with numbers for so long and I can never seem to find one.

Chris78
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Did you go both days? I wonder if they hold anything back on Saturday and put that additional stuff out on Sunday to give the Sunday shoppers a shot at it...or if it just all goes out Saturday.

Were there any batting helmets? I've been looking for a normal red batting helmet with numbers for so long and I can never seem to find one.

The stuff is pretty much exactly the same. If you did not find anything on Saturday, no point returning on Sunday. A few items see a price reduction, which is the benefit, but if you have no interest in anything no point to return.

They did have helmets for $30, but no numbers I believe.

Chris

tharuier
12-17-2012, 02:14 PM

Tj are you looking for the maroon or red helmets? I have a couple of both depending on your price point

TJordan522
12-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Tj are you looking for the maroon or red helmets? I have a couple of both depending on your price point

I'm looking for regular red, but I'd consider any helmet. Feel free to email me at tjordan522 at aol.com. Thanks!

Klattsy
12-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Is there a particular re-seller than picks up a heap of items and heads to eBay with them? A few Aussies have played in the Phillies system, last year there was Drew Naylor & Tim Kennelly floating between AA and AAA and ST.

TJordan522
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Is there a particular re-seller than picks up a heap of items and heads to eBay with them? A few Aussies have played in the Phillies system, last year there was Drew Naylor & Tim Kennelly floating between AA and AAA and ST.

This one might be of interest to you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Used-Worn-Phillies-Travis-Blackley-Jersey-Australia-/300835783176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460b35c208

cliffjmp33
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Not sure if the eBay seller is a member here, but there is an "issued" red helmet. It's #'d 50, so assume Moyer, but not sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMIE-MOYER-PHILLIES-GAME-ISSUED-WORN-BATTING-HELMET-2010-MLB-AUTHENTICATED-/251202667475?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4283137679933089468%26pid%3 D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D251202667475% 26