PDA

View Full Version : SF Giants Holiday Sale -- Complaint

EurekaDave
12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Maybe I'm too sensitive but...

So this world series year, if you want Giants memorabilia, you have to be in San Francisco Dec. 16 from 12 to 5 for their Holiday Sale or you lose out. First come. First Served.

It used to be that you could buy things over the phone -- perfect for Giants fans throughout the country. They say they changed it in fairness to everybody. Really?

I guess now the game used business is officially out of control.. Just my opinion but I am really sad that I won't be able to buy anything--A) because I can't be there and B) because it would be too pricey anyway.

Dave Silverbrand

frikativ54
12-05-2012, 09:51 AM
It's very unfortunate, but try to find someone in SF who can go to the sale and purchase something for you. I'm sure there are collectors on this forum who would help you out.

EurekaDave
12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
This is the letter I sent to the Giants Game used people. I hope you don'[t mind my sharing this with you. It's not about the Giants. It's about those of use who share a passion for the game.

Congratulations fans! What a fantastic season!

This anouncement by e-mail is both disappointing and troubling

I have been a longtime Giants fan and collector of Giants memorablia and live six hours away in Humboldt County. This season was especially important to me because it helped me through life-threatening health issues. I was greatly looking forward to acquiring some game-used memorabilia to remember this special season.

But on return from UCSF Medical Center (in San Francisco) for cardiac evaluation, I found this e-mail saying that the only way to secure game used memorabilia would be to return to SF on the 16th, two weeks, for a five-hour window at the park to buy things. Nothing mail-order. That is physically and financially impossible for me.

I think this is wrong and violates the trust of so many long-distance fans who feel closer to the game through your memorabilia -- myself included. YOur e-mail promises more announcements. I hope they include some consideration for those of us who cannot be there and love you nonetheless. I hope you can respond to this.

Dave Silverbrand

marino13
12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Agreed with you 1000%

Post the email address so WE as a community and email them and support your cause.

(but i might not be so nice when it comes to wordings thought. :D )

EurekaDave
12-06-2012, 01:43 AM
This is the e-mail address for the Giants memorbilia people, if you have any personal thoughts. I just had been looking forward to buying something so much....

gameused@SFgiants.com

Let me know what you hear. Sounds to me like that were looking for the most expeditious way to rake in the dough before Christmas -- and fairness be damned. When I remember Giants management hoisting the trophy and say, "This is for you, fans!," it sure sounds lame now.

das1721@att.net

prichmond
12-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I have to agree. I am only an hour away but won't go to the sale. Sounds like a complete mad house.

pete

EurekaDave
12-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Many thanks to the SF Giants for their understanding. As you know, I could not make it to their World Series game-used sale at the ballpark.

Walking that delicate balance, they made some merchandise available to out-of-state fans (including me) who could not go to the sale. I have a Roberto Kelly post-season jersey on the way now.

Apparently they have kept lots of position-player stuff for their Giants Hall of Fame-- so I am so happy with the result.

So thanks to the Giants game-used people --and this bookends a happy collecting year for me. Will post when I get it.

Dave Silverbrand

cubbs1232
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Im glad you were able to get some items and that they made items avail to other out of state fans as well.

rjdgonebats
12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
If anybody attended,was there any Posey GU bats and if so what was the price?? Thank you

G1X
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I am not one to normally complain about prices as teams, collectors, dealers, etc., have the right to price their items as they wish, but I found the Giants pricing to be simply breath taking. In 2010, World Series MVP Edgar Renteria's game-used road jersey from the Series was priced by the team at $2,000. Two years later, I can grab the road jersey of their backup shortstop or a fringe relief pitcher for the same price. :eek:

As a long-time Giants fan, I find this very disappointing. A sincere "thank you" to the Giants for making a few items available to us out-of-state fans, but "no thanks" on the prices.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Insomniac186
12-15-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm hoping to find SOMETHING tomorrow, but if the prices are as bad as I think they're going to be I might have no choice but to leave empty handed.

xpress34
12-15-2012, 10:04 PM
At least they are having something available for the fans.

The Rockies in all their infinite wisdom have decided that they will postpone the FanFest until the All Star Break this year.

What that means to Rockies Fans is limited players (many will go home for their mid season break), whoever makes the All Star Team won't be there and NO MiLB/Prospects as they will still be playing their league games.

Great Plan Rockies!

Vincent
12-16-2012, 01:58 PM
At least they are having something available for the fans.

The Rockies in all their infinite wisdom have decided that they will postpone the FanFest until the All Star Break this year.

What that means to Rockies Fans is limited players (many will go home for their mid season break), whoever makes the All Star Team won't be there and NO MiLB/Prospects as they will still be playing their league games.

Great Plan Rockies!
Have fun with a bunch of prospects from Grand Junction :)

spartakid
12-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Looks like a Sandoval helmet from the sale is already on the bay...a true bargain at 4K:rolleyes:

frikativ54
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Looks like a Sandoval helmet from the sale is already on the bay...a true bargain at 4K:rolleyes:

At the sale, what was the list price?

calgrad1999
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
A word of thanks to the SF Giants for
the amazing sale today. There were great items
from the 2012 Champs at great prices.

World Series pieces, as well as pieces from
keyy players were available today.

frikativ54
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM
A word of thanks to the SF Giants for
the amazing sale today. There were great items
from the 2012 Champs at great prices.

World Series pieces, as well as pieces from
keyy players were available today.

Can you tell those of us who live elsewhere what specifically was for sale there? Thanks.

EurekaDave
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Any specifics on prices. Who got what? Intterested to know. I was thinking about you guys.

Dave Silverbrand

spartakid
12-16-2012, 11:06 PM
At the sale, what was the list price?

I didn't go, I am just assuming since it was listed the same day as the sale and was from the WS with MLB authentication.

Marrdar
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
World Series jersey prices, player jerseys were auctioned:

Pence Road - $800 - autheniticated to NLDS games 3,4,5, NCLS games 3,4,5, WS game 3.
H. Sanchez Road - $1025
Arias Road - $325

Arias Home - $300
Affeldt Home - $350
Huff Home $1000

WS jerseys of coaches were listed for sale at $499-$599.

Great job by the SF Giants on presentation, customer service and labelling of items. A lot of people, but I did not think it was a madhouse.

Bondsgloves
12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Basically the prices for jerseys were anywhere from $99 to $2500

Lincecum gamers $2000

Posey's $2000- $2500

Cains $2000

Hunter Pense $499

2011 Beltrans $99

I saw older Jerseys for example Tejada $99

Most Common players $99 - $199

Batting helmets

Cain "World Series" $700, Lincecum " World Series" $700, Posey regular season, Pense, Sandoval, etc.

Some Bats,

Locker name plates all Players.. Lincecum $499

World Series Pitching rubber $1000

This is just from what I remember

frikativ54
12-17-2012, 12:54 AM

Lincecum gamers $2000

Posey's $2000- $2500

Cains $2000

Hunter Pense $499

Most Common players $99 - $199

Were these just regular gamers or World Series jerseys?

Bondsgloves
12-17-2012, 01:05 AM
These were regular gamers. However some had the 2012 World Series patch and ready for use in the World Series.

They did have some World Series Gamers, such as Pence, Arias, a few others. the prices were reasonable.

There was a Pence Game used World Series bat.

Bondsgloves
12-17-2012, 01:24 AM

This is a steal compared to Scuatro's for sale and Sandoval was the MVP.:)

http://bigtimebats.com/catalog/?product=4879

RARE - Marco Scutaro Signed Batting Helmet - World Series Used

http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetside_240.jpg (http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetside.jpg)
http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetfront_75.jpg (http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetfront.jpg)http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetback_75.jpg (http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetback.jpg)
BigTimeBats.com is proud to offer Giants fans and collectors the opportunity to own a piece of baseball history - game used memorabilia from San Francisco 2nd baseman and NLCS MVP Marco Scutaro. This item may be the rarest offering currently available - and one you won't likely find anywhere else.

This is an authentic San Francisco Giants team batting helmet belonging to Marco Scutaro, which he signed and inscribed, after using this helmet during the 2012 World Series. A Certificate of Authenticity from PSA/DNA is included. Buy it now for your collection before this special piece of game history is gone. This is a very rare piece of World Series Game Used Memorabilia!

Due to the rare nature of this offer we must charge your credit card for the full price immediately upon taking your order. This policy ensures we reserve this item for you. We will confirm your order by Email. Please allow at least 2 weeks for delivery

http://common.hampsterindustries.com/resources/uploads/products/4879/helmetside_125.jpgRARE - Marco Scutaro Signed Batting Helmet - World Series Used$11,500.00

G1X
12-17-2012, 08:53 AM
World Series jersey prices, player jerseys were auctioned:

Pence Road - $800 - autheniticated to NLDS games 3,4,5, NCLS games 3,4,5, WS game 3.
H. Sanchez Road - $1025
Arias Road - $325

Arias Home - $300
Affeldt Home - $350
Huff Home $1000

WS jerseys of coaches were listed for sale at $499-$599.

Great job by the SF Giants on presentation, customer service and labelling of items. A lot of people, but I did not think it was a madhouse.

WOW! For us out-of-state fans on the Giants' GU Department's email list who have been supporting them over the past few years, they decided to be "fair" this year by throwing a few scraps our way such as the Arias road WS jersey for $2,000. Seeing that it sold for a $325 and knowing that some fans would have paid a bit more for it, I do not feel quite as bitter knowing that someone got a good deal and the Giants did not come close to getting the outrageous price that was offered to those of us on their email list. Justice prevails, and all is right with the collecting world after all :)

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

(Still a somewhat bitter Giants fan at the moment regarding this entire episode)

Insomniac186
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
I thought it was great and the prices were lower than I thought they would be. I was disappointed in the selection of game used caps, however. All they had were the 4th of July camo logo caps. And even then, all they had were Casilla ($200) Kontos, Huff (both $100), and the coaches ($50). I bought the Kontos cap.

Between regular season, post season, world series, 4th of July, and 2 turn back the clock games, that leaves tons of game used caps unaccounted for. Were they auctioned off and I missed them? Did they players take them home? It makes me wonder...

flota89
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM

2011 Beltrans $99

They had Beltran game used jerseys for $99?

If anyone bought any of those and wants to make a little money, my email is posted below.

-Tyler