PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel Lot 747- Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys

chuck70
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
This lot was brought to my attention by a past member and he asked if I could post the following comments on these items!

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29662&searchby=3&searchvalue=phillies&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=1990-Dickie-Noles-Philadelphia-Phillies-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-with-Jackson-Philadelphia-Phillies-BP- (http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29662&searchby=3&searchvalue=phillies&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=1990-Dickie-Noles-Philadelphia-Phillies-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-with-Jackson-Philadelphia-Phillies-BP-)

1990 Dickie Noles Philadelphia Phillies Game-Used Road Jersey with Jackson Philadelphia Phillies BP Worn Jersey (2)

As described by GF:
"Inside the rear collar is the “Rawlings” manufacturer’s tag with wash instructions and size “44”. Attached is a flag tag with “1990” as well as a strip tag with “NOLES”. On the left chest is the team “P” logo. Player number “34” appears on both the front and back. Player name “NOLES” appears on back on a grey nameplate. All numbers and letters are done in burgundy on white tackle twill. On the left sleeve is the team disc patch. On the right is “Rawlings” embroidered. The jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion, shows appropriate use. Accompanied by an additional LOA. Also included is a BP jersey, “W.A. Goodman” tagged size “46”. Across the front is “Phillies”. Player number “23” and “JACKSON” appear on back. All numbers and letters are done in white tackle twill. The jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as batting practice worn and in our opinion, shows wear."

58729 58730 58731 58732

Past Members comments on this:
"The Jackson BP-the Phillies wore Wilson brand from 1979-1986. They switched mid 1986 through 1991 and went to Rawlings. They NEVER wore Goodmans for either their game jerseys of BP’s, yet G. Flannel clearly notes Jackson Philadelphia Phillies BP worn……

Likewise, the Phillies NEVER used that style of numbers on their BP’s of gamers."

Chuck
chuck70@yahoo.com

Always looking for Mike Cameron,JJ Hardy,and Casey McGehee items!!!!

sox83cubs84
12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
This lot was brought to my attention by a past member and he asked if I could post the following comments on these items!

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29662&searchby=3&searchvalue=phillies&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=1990-Dickie-Noles-Philadelphia-Phillies-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-with-Jackson-Philadelphia-Phillies-BP- (http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=29662&searchby=3&searchvalue=phillies&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=1990-Dickie-Noles-Philadelphia-Phillies-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-with-Jackson-Philadelphia-Phillies-BP-)

1990 Dickie Noles Philadelphia Phillies Game-Used Road Jersey with Jackson Philadelphia Phillies BP Worn Jersey (2)

As described by GF:
"Inside the rear collar is the “Rawlings” manufacturer’s tag with wash instructions and size “44”. Attached is a flag tag with “1990” as well as a strip tag with “NOLES”. On the left chest is the team “P” logo. Player number “34” appears on both the front and back. Player name “NOLES” appears on back on a grey nameplate. All numbers and letters are done in burgundy on white tackle twill. On the left sleeve is the team disc patch. On the right is “Rawlings” embroidered. The jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion, shows appropriate use. Accompanied by an additional LOA. Also included is a BP jersey, “W.A. Goodman” tagged size “46”. Across the front is “Phillies”. Player number “23” and “JACKSON” appear on back. All numbers and letters are done in white tackle twill. The jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as batting practice worn and in our opinion, shows wear."

68744 68745 68746 68748

Past Members comments on this:
"The Jackson BP-the Phillies wore Wilson brand from 1979-1986. They switched mid 1986 through 1991 and went to Rawlings. They NEVER wore Goodmans for either their game jerseys of BP’s, yet G. Flannel clearly notes Jackson Philadelphia Phillies BP worn……

Likewise, the Phillies NEVER used that style of numbers on their BP’s of gamers."

Chuck
chuck70@yahoo.com

Always looking for Mike Cameron,JJ Hardy,and Casey McGehee items!!!!

I didn't see this post and made a similar one of my own, Howard Wolf clued me in on this lot, as I don't normally examine GFs's auctions.

Dave Miedema

jjwatt83
01-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Hello all!! New member here. I actually saw this post as I was waiting for approval and ended up winning the auction. As I have met Dickie Noles a handfull of times it made me interested in this jersey.

Funny part is they never sent the other jersey with it. They did email very quickly and are sending it out so they were helpful on that aspect.

DeacDoug
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
My guess is that this is a minor league jersey worn by Jeff Jackson who was the 4th overall pick in the 1989 draft. Jackson is from Chitown and the Phillies got sucked in by his gaudy high school statistics. Chicago city high school ball is absolutely awful. Jackson was an outfielder who could run but never hit much. A famous Philly bust to age 40 and up fans.

Dickie Noles is supposed to be a really good guy who cleaned up his addiction problems after baseball. He helped the Phils win the 1980 World Series by intentionally low-bridging George Brett and putting Brett on his hemorrhoid irritated butt.

I think you got a nice lot from a historical standpoint! Congratulations.

jjwatt83
01-10-2013, 07:51 PM
My guess is that this is a minor league jersey worn by Jeff Jackson who was the 4th overall pick in the 1989 draft. Jackson is from Chitown and the Phillies got sucked in by his gaudy high school statistics. Chicago city high school ball is absolutely awful. Jackson was an outfielder who could run but never hit much. A famous Philly bust to age 40 and up fans.

Dickie Noles is supposed to be a really good guy who cleaned up his addiction problems after baseball. He helped the Phils win the 1980 World Series by intentionally low-bridging George Brett and putting Brett on his hemorrhoid irritated butt.

I think you got a nice lot from a historical standpoint! Congratulations.

Thank you. Yes Noles has been a great guy the times we have talked. I originally met him in a bar and he actually sat down and talked with me.