PDA

View Full Version : Frank Robinson Shoes Photo Matched?

NegleyPirate
10-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone thinks this is a good photo match for game used Frank Robinson shoes from 2006. Here's the pics. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike
P.S. The shoes are for sale $250 or B.O.

ironmanfan
10-28-2006, 10:06 PM
style match NOT photo match

kylehess10
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
style match NOT photo match

I agree, it's a style-match, not a photomatch. I actually had a similiar situation like this a few months ago. I have the batting gloves that Jose Guillen wore for his 17th homerun in 2005 and I had found a picture of him wearing them on getty images. I thought that it was a photomatch since it was the exact picture of him wearing them but I was told that it is NOT a photomatch unless there is a specific mark on the batting gloves that I can clearly see in the picture

allstarsplus
10-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Hello I was wondering if anyone thinks this is a good photo match for game used Frank Robinson shoes from 2006. Here's the pics. Any info would be great.
Thanks,
Mike
P.S. The shoes are for sale $250 or B.O. Nice shoes. Look at the bottom of that 3rd stripe on the right shoe----it looks like a "5" on there. Frank is #20. What do you think?

By the way, I was with the personable Mr. Frank Robinson last Sunday at the CSA Show in Virginia. I asked him to inscribe "game used" on the full uniform sets I had of his. He refused to unless I paid an additional autograph fee of $190, but I told him the autograph price included 1 free inscription. He said that only included his contractual "standard" inscriptions. Oh well. I was happy when he said this is the first time he had ever autographed his britches!

NegleyPirate
10-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Nice shoes. Look at the bottom of that 3rd stripe on the right shoe----it looks like a "5" on there. Frank is #20. What do you think?

By the way, I was with the personable Mr. Frank Robinson last Sunday at the CSA Show in Virginia. I asked him to inscribe "game used" on the full uniform sets I had of his. He refused to unless I paid an additional autograph fee of $190, but I told him the autograph price included 1 free inscription. He said that only included his contractual "standard" inscriptions. Oh well. I was happy when he said this is the first time he had ever autographed his britches!
Andrew,
The # 20 is written sideways on the shoes. Are you interested in buying them? I will get a better scan. LMK Mike
Thanks