PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

emann
11-28-2012, 01:20 AM
So, I have a chance to buy 1 of 2 helmets and I'm having a tough time choosing (can't get both). Both are the same player, different seasons...

One is a heavily used, slightly cracked helmet that has been photomatched to minimally 15 games. It was worn for probably a full season and a month into the following. Shows outstanding use during what was a good season.

OR, a helmet that was used for only about 3 months, uncracked but photomatched to a relatively significant event in this player's career. It might be able to be matched a few more times, but it doesn't have many distinct marks on it. Moderate use, nowhere near the use as with the other helmet.

Helmet 1: Cracked with lots of use from a decent season and many great photomatches.

Helmet 2: Uncracked, moderate use but matched to a career milestone.

My question is, given the above, does anyone have thoughts to help make this decision I might be overlooking? Any thoughts appreciated, I'm having a tough time deciding...

Shipp_96
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM
To me personally, I'd go with the one showing heavy use and easily photo matched to multiple games. I do get the appeal of the significant event one but unless there is a decal on the helmet from the event (Bowl game, SB, Kickoff game, BCA, etc...) I would not find it to be more appealing than the other one.

That's my two cents as someone who collects unique helmets.

rufusandherschel
11-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I'd try (to find someway) to obtain both helmets! For example, sell off or trade some items for the 2nd helmet, check out some sort of 'purchase plan' arrangement, ask the seller to 'hold' it for you until you can come up with the funds. Good luck!

Jags Fan Dan
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd try (to find someway) to obtain both helmets! For example, sell off or trade some items for the 2nd helmet, check out some sort of 'purchase plan' arrangement, ask the seller to 'hold' it for you until you can come up with the funds. Good luck!
I agree. 100% legit helmets are so hard to find, it would be tough to let one go.

joelsabi
11-28-2012, 10:27 AM
So, I have a chance to buy 1 of 2 helmets and I'm having a tough time choosing (can't get both). Both are the same player, different seasons...

One is a heavily used, slightly cracked helmet that has been photomatched to minimally 15 games. It was worn for probably a full season and a month into the following. Shows outstanding use during what was a good season.

OR, a helmet that was used for only about 3 months, uncracked but photomatched to a relatively significant event in this player's career. It might be able to be matched a few more times, but it doesn't have many distinct marks on it. Moderate use, nowhere near the use as with the other helmet.

Helmet 1: Cracked with lots of use from a decent season and many great photomatches.

Helmet 2: Uncracked, moderate use but matched to a career milestone.

My question is, given the above, does anyone have thoughts to help make this decision I might be overlooking? Any thoughts appreciated, I'm having a tough time deciding...

as mentioned, if it was from the same source i would try to cut a deal for both helmets and then if necessary sell off one, prolonging the decision.

if push comes to shove, i would choose helmet 2 as career milestone items are hard to come by.

Jules9
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
I guess for me it would depend on what type of milestone was achieved by the player and if they were a popular player. ( You don't have to say who the player is.) I would prefer a milestone that has to do with hits/home runs than one that was for say games played or at bats, of course if it was from Cal Ripken's record breaking games played that would be different.;)

suave1477
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Well first I would make sure which one is undoubtly a photomatch. Meaning not looks similar "SAME"

I have seen people say well this is a photomatch and the marks are similar but not exact. So first make sure you are able to distinctly photomatch both.

Once that said I would say next what is your appeal to the player. Is he your favorite player? Is he just a player you like? Do you like significant values on items in your collection suach as a walk off home run, a game winning touch down.

Then decide from there If hes your favorite, try to get both, If you like items with heavy use get the more heavier one, if you like items that attribute to something get that one.

If you can have a heavy game used mckey mantle bat or a slight used mantle home run bat which would you go for???

larry bourget
11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Find a way to BUY BOTH,..... as you would only regret it later, and it will haunt you forever.

LB

emann
12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys—I think I'll need to figure out how to swing both!

If not, I'm flipping a coin. ;)