PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame split helmets from Miami game going on sale

Shipp_96
11-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Not my cup of tea or even within my budget, but pretty cool nonetheless:

https://www.scorehere.com/product/71419566182224/Helmets-Full-Size-Helmet-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-Authentic-College-XP-Football-Helmet-Schutt-B-20-.htm

I personally have been dealing with the owner of this site for nearly a decade. Mostly retail helmets for signings I would go to but he does get some nice Schutt game worn helmets in now and then, and this appears to be one of those times. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him and he is very helpful whenever I pick up the phone and have questions (imagine that!). Maybe if we win this 500 million dollar lottery the wife got tickets for I'll pick one up LOL :p.

snick33
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
A little confused. I know Stiener has a contract with ND. About a month ago they got 10 of these in sold for 750.00 I missed the phone call by 2 hrs. They sold out in under ten min.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
These are not game worn, they are just authentic game helmets

A little confused. I know Stiener has a contract with ND. About a month ago they got 10 of these in sold for 750.00 I missed the phone call by 2 hrs. They sold out in under ten min.

beavisrules
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
$2400 for an authentic helmet that isn't even game worn? Wow - good for them if they can get folks to pay it.

Shipp_96 - On a totally different note, I have a PSU item I'll have to get a picture of to share with you.

Shipp_96
12-01-2012, 10:29 PM
$2400 for an authentic helmet that isn't even game worn? Wow - good for them if they can get folks to pay it.

Shipp_96 - On a totally different note, I have a PSU item I'll have to get a picture of to share with you.

Hey Beavisrules,
Looking forward to seeing what it is:)!

As for these helmets, I read it as they were worn, but hearing that Steiner had the rights to those and that these are essentially issued helmets for $2400...I mean wow! I am at a loss. Especially since he is one of the cheapest sources for retail helmets out there. So I a a bit surprised he is charging that. Like you said, if they can get it God speed.

I would have actually bought a worn one for $750 from Steiner if I would've known about it. They are unique and that is actually a fair price.

snick33
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Schutt is making some of these helmets for retail. Only difference I see is the left side of the helmet is like a Chrome Gold. The game helmet is a stamped gold. Just like the older Shamrock Series helmet. I just saw a replica on e bay for 180.00