PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Issued on NFL Autions

DoctorLoomis
11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=198284411&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=198631121

I do not think this was issued for Manning. He has worn a size 50 for over a decade.....this is a size 44. I could be wrong....but I seriously doubt he wears a 44 now. That being said, I would very sadly pass......

beantown
11-26-2012, 12:50 AM
I agree... I think Manning has wore 50 since at least 2000... Highly doubt he's gone down three sizes...sad that someone is going to spend so much on a jersey that they think was made for Manning to wear..

mad87man
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
could it be the switch from reebok to nike the sizes are different?

trsent
11-26-2012, 02:59 AM
could it be the switch from reebok to nike the sizes are different?

Or could it be that Denver ordered different sized jerseys and this was too small?

Preston
11-26-2012, 10:24 AM
FWIW I do believe the size chart is different for Nike jerseys than for Reeboks...50 is typically a large correct? I do know with Nike that 40 is their "small", 42 is medium and 44 is large. I'm guessing that translates over to game jerseys as well and not just for replica/authentic/elite/whatever they're called these days.

Mulligans
11-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I noticed a big difference in size from the Nike and Reebok Jerseys. I could never get a 40-42 Reebok Jersey over the Mannequin for display. I have found that a size 40 Nike fits the Mannequin with ease.

Its difficult to tell the actual size of the Manning in the NFL Auctions jersey, but it does not appear to be too small for Manning?

The part that I thought was a bit odd, was that the Manning does not appear to have a PSA Card or number with it as most GI's from NFL Auctions do have a card.....If you are bidding, you might want to look into that.

Still a very cool Jersey!

CollectGU
11-27-2012, 02:55 PM
He is still wearing size 50 in his nike pratice jersey. I know that this might not translate to him wearing a 50 in his game jersey, but makes it more likely:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/149296234-quarterback-peyton-manning-of-the-denver-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QeZSc1BWz%2bZv9oD2bOiLaXHN5Y AQY6w91zFSw%2fQs1rSq%2f%2bU37S6bohX%2bBTQiTLN6bQ%3 d%3d

suave1477
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Ok ill bite.

So if this is not a Game Issued Jersey for Manning what is it??

Is it possible as TRSENT mentioned a wrong sized ordered for Manning? Or a retail Jersey?

abstractheory
11-27-2012, 11:27 PM
From Tom's very detailed endzonesportscharities.org

"Finally, there can be significantly different cuts in size from one manufacturer to another. In comparing sized 46 Wilson and Nike jerseys side by side, there was a 2" difference in the armpit-to-armpit measurement, and a 4" difference in actual chest size. As teams switched from one manufacturer to another, player's jersey sizes may have changed as well."

For my personal experience, this explains why Gary Zimmerman went from a 48 Wilson to a 46 Nike in '96

Although it's not Reebok to Nike, but from Wilson to Nike, I think this shows that different manufactures sizes are often times different.

abstractheory
11-27-2012, 11:28 PM
From Tom's very detailed endzonesportscharities.org

"Finally, there can be significantly different cuts in size from one manufacturer to another. In comparing sized 46 Wilson and Nike jerseys side by side, there was a 2" difference in the armpit-to-armpit measurement, and a 4" difference in actual chest size. As teams switched from one manufacturer to another, player's jersey sizes may have changed as well."

For my personal experience, this explains why Gary Zimmerman went from a 48 Wilson to a 46 Nike in '96

Although it's not Reebok to Nike, but from Wilson to Nike, I think this shows that different manufactures sizes are often times different.

Sorry Tom, I meant to say from Pat's endzonesportscharities.org

BrianK
11-28-2012, 12:16 PM
I just did a quick comparison of the 2011 Chargers jerseys on JO's site with the 2012 jerseys on MeiGray. Some substantial differences.

2011 | 2012 | player
44 38 Cason
48 42 Hardwick
46 40 Jammer
48/50 46 Phillips
44 44 Spikes
46 40 Weddle

DoctorLoomis
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I now own a 2012 Manning gamer and have seen three others. All of them are size 46......thus I was correct in that someone paid a lot of money for a dud. Sad that it came from NFL Auctions.

Anabolicollege17
09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't think it was a dud as it was not being advertised as game used. NFL auctions sometimes calls them authentic jerseys (which feature game worn jersey features but never met for player as a back up) and issued jerseys. I've seen NFL auctions list so many jerseys as issued and have them be off a size or so. So I don't think it was a dud as it wasn't listed as game used. If they had it as game used and it was a 44 then yeah thats a problem. I did notice that all the Authentic Jerseys of Luck, Tannehill, RG3, Weeden ex.. are all accurate player sizing which is kind of odd that they couldn't get Manning right and his was listed as Issued. Who knows with them though, they are always messing up a listing.

Can you please post your Manning btw. Or are you the one who owns the white bca manning. What do you think of the Collar change? Looks like you now own a pretty rare 1 year jersey. With the awesome 2 tone collar. I know..I know..I'm the only one who liked the 2 tones lol

Dawg Pound
09-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I track every single cleveland browns jersey on nfl auctions. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that the "game issued" and "game authentic" have never been the same size as the real deal (game worn) and usually they are a different sleeve cut.

The browns do sell some of their Jerseys at their occasional locker rooms sale and the "game issued" jerseys will include a Cleveland browns serial bar tag. I have never seen a "game issued/authentic" browns jersey to include the browns serial tag on nfl auctions.

Quite frankly the reason I track the nfl auctions "issued" jerseys is so that I can spot a "doctored" jersey that hits the market. I don't buy them anymore because i've decided to move towards only the game worn jerseys.

One thing I have noticed with the new Nike jerseys for the Browns that I find puzzling is that some of the game worn jerseys have not included the serial tag. It makes it more difficult to determine the authenticity on the secondary market but with todays digital market that is what photo matching is for.

My opinion is that the issued jerseys on nfl auctions are high end authentic jerseys, but were never made for the player to wear in a game. At least this is the case for the Cleveland Browns jerseys.

cohibasmoker
09-04-2013, 07:56 AM
What's a better scenario - a team-issued jersey from NFL auctions with LOA or a "team-issued" jersey from a eBay Seller? The reader can decide.

I've spoken to the Eagles equipment staff a couple of times and for any particular player, especially star players, they have spare jerseys as well as different sized jerseys. Why? Players weight fluctuate during the season, especially during and just after training camp, they get hurt and have to wear extra protective equipment, they have jerseys for cold and warm weather and not all jerseys are cut the same.

Extra jerseys are also ordered for players so they can give them to agents, family, friends, doctors, charities, their HS and college coaches, their former college equipment room, their personal rec room and they swap jerseys with other players in the NFL.

It's a mess.

Jim