PDA

View Full Version : Thought everyone could use a good laugh - Lou Lampson

Preston
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Byron-Leftwich-Game-Used-Rookie-Jersey-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Quarterback-/251184877509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7bc90fc5

LOVE the line under the auction title - HAS to be Lou Lampson himself selling this...

"Lou Lampson Coa!!, Best Authenticator in The Business!!"

trsent
11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
They paid eBay an extra 50-cents to add that extra line.

I'll put money that Lou didn't list this auction.

alexbartacustoms
11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
The claim may be funny to those of us on this board, but what are your thoughts on the authenticity of the jersey?

Does it look too clean to anyone else?

Thanks,
Alex

Preston
11-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I personally think it looks good, I mean to me it exhibits what a gamer should look like. But I'm not sure what size jersey Leftwich typically wears.

Shipp_96
11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I also would like to know some jersey experts opinions on this. From what I know to look for it has the proper tagging. I honestly might even be interested if it gets the green light :rolleyes:.

Shipp_96
11-20-2012, 10:46 PM
OK, so there is another one listed with IDENTICAL pictures for $1700! I am officially scared off now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Byron-Leftwich-Game-Used-Rookie-Jersey-Lou-Lampson-Coa-/251184876230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7bc90ac6

earlywynnfan
11-21-2012, 03:48 PM
He double-lists his items; if they don't get high enough via auction, he pulls them and leaves up the buy-it-now. I don't know if this is against ebay rules, but in my book it's crap. I asked him to block me so I never get the urge to bid with him.

Ken

jppopma
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm always upset when sellers do this (especially since I set the snipe and don't have the time to go back and watch the items ending).

As for the Lampson comments...it may help sell the jersey to someone who doesn't know the background, buying a gift, or may be a fan of Lampson.

trsent
11-22-2012, 05:22 AM
He double-lists his items; if they don't get high enough via auction, he pulls them and leaves up the buy-it-now. I don't know if this is against ebay rules, but in my book it's crap. I asked him to block me so I never get the urge to bid with him.

Ken

This is the new practice for sellers with too much time. List an item at fixed price in one listing and another as an auction. It should be against eBay rules of duplicate listings, but you can only report it if duplicate listings are the same type of listing, say two auctions or two fixed price listings.

eBay needs to put a stop to this. It is part of the problem with listings with no starting fees - People abuse the system.