PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question on: 2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used/WornJersey Size 50

DantleyHOF
11-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi Forum,
Can someone look at Ebay auction # 330827038934
2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used Worn Jersey Size 50. Seller txnfan.

Question, How can a jersey be game used, when the player gets traded in Spring Training.

Description said game issued. The title reads game used/worn. Please look at picture number 5. Tag looks to fresh to be game worn. There are bidders thinking it is game used when its not. I am sure it is a typo on the title.

On March 20, 2012: Humberto Quintero was traded by the Houston Astros with Jason Bourgeois to the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later and Kevin Chapman (minors). The Kansas City Royals sent D'Andre Toney (minors) (June 10, 2012) to the Houston Astros to complete the trade.

Jersey is Team/Game Issued and never worn since he got traded. B.F.

frikativ54
11-15-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't see the problem here. The seller, whom I know, is a stand-up guy, and I've done several transactions with him. While the title may say "game used," this is nothing more than typical eBay keyword spamming.

The description clearly says "issued," and it's about the third word in. It should be pretty obvious that it's an issued jersey. BTW, did you contact the seller, per forum rules, and, if so, what did he say?

hfd0035
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
I dont see anything wrong with a seller using game used or worn in a title to attract buyers.

The description also states that the jersey was issued and that he was traded before the season. What more do you need?

I've dealt with this seller before, stand up seller and great guy. His items are about as good as buying from the Astros themselves.

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't see what the problem is, the description clearly states the jersey is issued.

Even funnier, you have a jersey listed almost the exact same way, yet you posted a link complaining about someone else's auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSS-WOLF-Houston-Astros-2011-Game-Used-Team-Issued-Road-JERSEY-/251184844849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7bc89031

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Astros 5.7 (Chris),

I find your post even funnier. I have a jersey listed? Stop making an assumption. Do you know it is me?

I have a question about TXFAN jersey and you post (link) someone's auctions. The section is titled 'AUCTION DISCUSSION'. I even said his title may be a typo.

The link you gave:

Title: 'ROSS WOLF (Houston Astros) 2011 Game Used/Team Issued Road JERSEY'

Description: 2011 ROSS WOLF #48 (Houston Astros) Game un Used/Team Issued Road Jersey

Notes: This was prepared for Ross Wolf but never worn

Ross Wolf was a 2011 Houston Astros Spring Training invite.

Chris, How can you compare the two auctions. That auction reminds me of this auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Roger-Clemens-game-issued-un-used-bat-Astros-Yankees-Sox-Jays-/160915676769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2577525e61

txnfan title states: '2012 Humberto Quintero Houston Astros Game Used Worn Jersey Size 50 Rare Patch'

Description This jersey was issued for Quintero # 55 of the Houston Astros! Size 50. cool base. Player only tagging. Q was traded to the royals prior to the 2012 season.

I had asked a question in the auction discussion section about a jersey.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 07:44 PM
I dont see anything wrong with a seller using game used or worn in a title to attract buyers.

The description also states that the jersey was issued and that he was traded before the season. What more do you need?

I've dealt with this seller before, stand up seller and great guy. His items are about as good as buying from the Astros themselves.

HFD,

Stand up seller or not. You can attract more buyers of being honest. For a person who does know about game used jerseys'. Winning an auction and when you get the jersey. The jersey is not game used it issued game issued. His description said issued and was traded before the season. The title is in question. Just be upfront an honest with the title. Jersey is team issued. I never said it is not real. Tags are perfect. Another forum member who was banned had a Roy O. jersey as game used when it was issued. I just asked someone to view the auction. I even answered my own question about it was team issued.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 07:53 PM
HFD,

Stand up seller or not. You can attract more buyers of being honest. For a person who does know about game used jerseys'. Winning an auction and when you get the jersey. The jersey is not game used it issued game issued. His description said issued and was traded before the season. The title is in question. Just be upfront an honest with the title. Jersey is team issued. I never said it is not real. Tags are perfect. Another forum member who was banned had a Roy O. jersey as game used when it was issued. I just asked someone to view the auction. I even answered my own question about it was team issued.

Correction: The jersey is not game used it is game issued.

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes, I know that is your listing, are you saying it is not?

You posted he shouldn't put game used in the title for issued jersey, but in the Ross Wolf listing you did the exact same thing, so yes I would say they are pretty similar listings. Both listing go on to say they are issued also, so again........very similar.

As far as my listing, I'm not sure what you are crying about. It clearly states in the TITLE and DEESCRIPTION that the bat is an unused bat issued to Clemens.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't see what the problem is, the description clearly states the jersey is issued.

Even funnier, you have a jersey listed almost the exact same way, yet you posted a link complaining about someone else's auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSS-WOLF-Houston-Astros-2011-Game-Used-Team-Issued-Road-JERSEY-/251184844849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7bc89031

I was not complaining. I had asked a question.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 07:58 PM

You posted he shouldn't put game used in the title for issued jersey, but in the Ross Wolf listing you did the exact same thing, so yes I would say they are pretty similar listings. Both listing go on to say they are issued also, so again........very similar.

As far as my listing, I'm not sure what you are crying about. It clearly states in the TITLE and DEESCRIPTION that the bat is an unused bat issued to Clemens.

Chris< You know? Stop assuming. Okay

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
You still didn't answer the question. See, my user I.D. is the same on Ebay and this site, I don't have anything to hide.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Chris< You know? Stop assuming. Okay

Chris, You like to jump to wrong conclusion. You know? That is funny. I was saying, how can you compare the two auctions. Wolf jersey stated in your link was game issued. Also in that description, the seller had un used. Just like your auction said.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
You still didn't answer the question. See, my user I.D. is the same on Ebay and this site, I don't have anything to hide.

Chris, Hide? When does a simple question, turns out to be a debate. I notice txnfan is not in on this discussion. Is he your friend?

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:04 PM

I am not crying or complaining. Only your negative post about a question I had posted. Is it against the rules to post or link an auction not in question?

Texstros
11-17-2012, 08:06 PM
You know my email & you could have messages me on eBay. You did neither! I used "game used" in title becouse that's what buyers search for. I clearly stated it was Issued in the description. Seriously you need to get a life if you think I was being deceptive. Any buyer would not get my auction confused if read. I am truly confused with your intentions. If anyone has any questions further, please email directly..

Shawn
Txnfan on eBay

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Your Wolf jersey is listed in the title as game worn, then in the description it says issued. Yet, you started a thread about another jersey(Quintero), that in title says game used, but in description says game issued............If you don't see the similarity there, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not sure why you still can't say yes or no that is my Wolf auction.

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:13 PM
You know my email & you could have messages me on eBay. You did neither! I used "game used" in title becouse that's what buyers search for. I clearly stated it was Issued in the description. Seriously you need to get a life if you think I was being deceptive. Any buyer would not get my auction confused if read. I am truly confused with your intentions. If anyone has any questions further, please email directly..

Shawn
Txnfan on eBay

Shawn, I had asked a question about your auction, in the auction discussion section. That is why that section is for asking questions. Nothing more. What buyers are searching for is honest sellers. I even said it was issued and your title could of been a typo. Telling me to 'GET A LIFE'? Was that nice? Did I say anything negative to you?

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Your Wolf jersey is listed in the title as game worn, then in the description it says issued. Yet, you started a thread about another jersey(Quintero), that in title says game used, but in description says game issued............If you don't see the similarity there, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not sure why you still can't say yes or no that is my Wolf auction.

Chris, My Wolf? Your Wolf link. Title says ROSS WOLF (Houston Astros) 2011 Game Used/Team Issued Road JERSEY. Stop bothering me and making false accusation. Okay?

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Chris, My Wolf? Your Wolf link. Title says ROSS WOLF (Houston Astros) 2011 Game Used/Team Issued Road JERSEY. Stop bothering me and making false accusation. Okay?

What false accusation did I make, you said his title is misleading for putting game used in the title of a issued jersey, yet your Wolf jersey is listed the exact same way.

I'm not sure why you would deny the Wolf is your jersey, the link below proves it is, unless someone stole your jersey and your pictures.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=51920&highlight=ross+wolf

DantleyHOF
11-17-2012, 08:36 PM
What false accusation did I make, you said his title is misleading for putting game used in the title of a issued jersey, yet your Wolf jersey is listed the exact same way.

I'm not sure why you would deny the Wolf is your jersey, the link below proves it is, unless someone stole your jersey and your pictures.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=51920&highlight=ross+wolf
Chris, Yes false accusation and assuming when you are wrong. You like to debate. Should i bring up some of your negative feedback comments on ebay? Since you are bringing up my past posts. Just lke your bat. They made more than one bat. So should I assume. When I see it listed. It is you? I just asked a question. Crying and complaining? Thats good. Ending this discussion.

Texstros
11-17-2012, 08:38 PM
What is dishonest????? Can u not read??? I have never been dishonest! Sounds like you are making an assumption that I'm not honest! Have the balls enough to say it, but back it up!!!

astros5.7
11-17-2012, 08:44 PM
What is false? The Wolf is without a doubt the exact same jersey. The loose thread on the 4 is in the exact same place. You won't even admit this is your jersey, and you want to call other people dishonest.

As far as my Ebay record, please do bring up all my negative feedback I received..............I have had one in over ten years, and it was retaliation after I left a negative for a non paying bidder.

My email is go-astros(at)comcast.net (go-astros@comcast.net) if you need to discuss this or anything else.

slab0meat
11-17-2012, 09:56 PM
My head is spinning.

earlywynnfan
11-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't forum rules state that we should make an attempt to contact a seller or auction house to clear up a problem before we bring it to the forum?

Ken

frikativ54
11-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't forum rules state that we should make an attempt to contact a seller or auction house to clear up a problem before we bring it to the forum?

Ken

Yes - They do. I mentioned that on the first response to this thread...yet I get no response from the OP. :(

joelsabi
11-18-2012, 03:12 PM

I think it is a MO of ebay sllers to use attract traffic to their item. I just go with the flow and ask question if the description is not accurate.

Just wondering if Ebay will stand by the seller or buyer if a buyer tries to return a item because of using the word "used" in title for not being as described. Any first hand experience with this?

MUSEOVEN
11-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello I Won The Humberto Quintero Jersey In Ebay, I Know The Jersey Is Issued, Because He Was Traded To The Royals Thanks;)