PDA

View Full Version : MeiGray Named Official Game-Worn Source of the Washington Redskins

BarryMeisel
11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi everybody,

In response to those of you who have e-mailed or called regarding our new involvement with two NFL teams, I wanted to let everybody know that we are now the official game-worn jersey partners of the Washington Redskins.

MeiGray pledges to work diligently for all of you collectors and put integrity back into the NFL game-worn marketplace.

MeiGray is now offering on our website game-worn jerseys in white and burgundy, and the stunning game-worn Throwback jerseys worn by the Redskins to commemorate their 80th Anniversary season. We have some jerseys already in stock and we will be taking requests on items that will arrive later this season.

We will also be acquiring a set of Throwback helmets.

Feel free to e-mail or call MeiGray for more information, or post here if you have questions about our new program.

And we will be announcing our second NFL partnership later this week.

Thanks, Barry

Shipp_96
11-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Those throwback helmets were pretty cool, and I have always had good experiences with Mei Gray. So great news all around!

perlman9
11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Congrats! I will be on the lookout for a Kirk Cousins!

worldchamps
11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I just bought a football, can't wait to get it!!!

Thanks
Bill

masp3392
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank You! Hopefully someone can finally become a reputable source to go to for game used gear and most importantely, stay that way!

I'm going to hold back purchasing some skins jerseys since you have another team on the way and possibly have someone I would rather have.

any hints? lol

joelsabi
11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi everybody,

In response to those of you who have e-mailed or called regarding our new involvement with two NFL teams, I wanted to let everybody know that we are now the official game-worn jersey partners of the Washington Redskins.

MeiGray pledges to work diligently for all of you collectors and put integrity back into the NFL game-worn marketplace.

MeiGray is now offering on our website game-worn jerseys in white and burgundy, and the stunning game-worn Throwback jerseys worn by the Redskins to commemorate their 80th Anniversary season. We have some jerseys already in stock and we will be taking requests on items that will arrive later this season.

We will also be acquiring a set of Throwback helmets.

Feel free to e-mail or call MeiGray for more information, or post here if you have questions about our new program.

And we will be announcing our second NFL partnership later this week.

Thanks, Barry
Congrats Barry

Is this your fifth exclusive contract now? I see links to
Buffalo Bills
New York Giants
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins now

BarryMeisel
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Joel,

We have been working with the Eagles for more than a decade, but the Redskins are our second official relationship.

We will be announcing our third NFL partnership this week, and I can only give you a hint and say that in our Redskins' release, we state that we are also working with the San Diego Chargers. Look out for that official announcement.

Sorry if I can't give you a bigger hint (wink, wink).

We only have one Bills jersey, a Marcel Dareus sourced from NFL auctions that he wore when he registered his first NFL sack.

We acquired a collection of 2011 jerseys from All Pro Classics, which works directly with the NY Jets.

Our Giants jerseys are older stock that date to our relationship with NYG from 1997-2002.

Hope this helps,

Barry

zooat2
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
- This is fantastic news! I'm a huge Skins fan and have been so down since the whole JO fiasco! If there is anyone that I was hoping would get the Skins its Barry and MeiGray! Congrats!

legaleagle92481
11-15-2012, 12:47 PM
What does Griffin go for?

BrianK
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Great news. Is the Eagles relationship ongoing? Haven't seen anything new in a while.

BarryMeisel
11-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Brian,

We are awaiting jerseys from the Eagles.

Legal,

The five Griffin jerseys we are scheduled to get have already sold out. His white and burgundy jerseys (two each) were priced at $8,500 each. His Throwback jersey from the Carolina game sold for $12,500.

Barry

legaleagle92481
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Brian,

We are awaiting jerseys from the Eagles.

Legal,

The five Griffin jerseys we are scheduled to get have already sold out. His white and burgundy jerseys (two each) were priced at $8,500 each. His Throwback jersey from the Carolina game sold for $12,500.

Barry

Thanks Barry. Those prices were very reasonable was one of those his first (regular season debut) jersey? I am disappointed to have missed out.

BarryMeisel
11-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Legal.

We were told by the Redskins that they were retaining RG3's NFL debut jersey. It was not made available to us.

Barry

ruhoos
11-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Barry,
I'm extremely happy you all are direct with the Skins! You all have already done a fantastic job with the NHL (specifically the Washington Capitals) and I'm looking forward to doing deals with you all on some Redskins' gamers.

masp3392
11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Barry, are you guys still in the works of working contracts with other teams for this season or the skins/chargers is pretty much it for now?

Also, will you be receiving more skins jerseys other than the ones you have for this season?

Thank You for your time
Brian

BarryMeisel
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Brian,

We try not to discuss details of conversations we have with teams for a variety of reasons, so my standard answer is usually the same (and its accurate):

"We are constantly in discussions with teams, and once we have a deal we will announce."

I will, as I did with the Chargers and Redskins, occasionally give collectors a heads up when a deal is done, but not announced yet.

As far as additional Redskins jerseys not yet in stock, yes, we do expect to get more jerseys ... the near-full set of Throwbacks (jerseys/pants) once the team is finished using them, and additional top player unwashed one-gamers.

Let me know if there is a specific jersey that interests you.

Thanks, Barry

masp3392
11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Brian,

We try not to discuss details of conversations we have with teams for a variety of reasons, so my standard answer is usually the same (and its accurate):

"We are constantly in discussions with teams, and once we have a deal we will announce."

I will, as I did with the Chargers and Redskins, occasionally give collectors a heads up when a deal is done, but not announced yet.

As far as additional Redskins jerseys not yet in stock, yes, we do expect to get more jerseys ... the near-full set of Throwbacks (jerseys/pants) once the team is finished using them, and additional top player unwashed one-gamers.

Let me know if there is a specific jersey that interests you.

Thanks, Barry

Thanks for your response Barry,

So the throwbacks you currently have on the site, most likely the matching pants will follow correct?

UTeric3232
11-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Are you getting any cleats/gloves from the Skins/Chargers players? Would be interested in cleats/gloves from Brian Orakpo and Quentin Jammer..thanks.

BarryMeisel
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes, Brian, we will be getting the matching Throwbacks pants.

Hi UT,

Sorry, but we do not anticipate acquiring any cleats or gloves.

Barry

Skinsandwiz
11-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Wondering how much the throwback helmets are going to start out at? And are they going to available after the Giants game, or are they wearing 2 sets.

RASTANIF
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Any chance of getting any Detroit Lions jerseys or footballs?

BarryMeisel
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi Skins,

We won'trbe pricing the helmets until we acquire them after the Giants' game. It is our understanding that there is only one helmet per player, and that they will be authenticated as worn in both Throwback games, vs. Carolina and NY Giants.

Of course, we will confirm that once we get the helmets and do our authentications.

Thanks, Barry

zooat2
11-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Barry,

Will you be getting in any practice jerseys? or other game worn accessories such as jackets, fleece's, etc?

Thanks!
Dan

BarryMeisel
11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi Dan,

As of now, we do not anticipate getting any practice or accessory items.

Barry

larry bourget
11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Any chance of getting any Detroit Lions jerseys or footballs?

They already sell them at Ford Field.

LB

worldchamps
11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
I received my redskins Vikings ball yesterday. I have already phtomatched it to a picture of RgIII holding it!!!! I am very pleased!!!!

Thanks Meigray

Bill

BarryMeisel
12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
You're welcome, Bill.

By the way, I might have will have one extra ticket/pre-game field pass for tomorrow's Giants-Redskins game at FedEx Field.

A client who is supposed to go with me might have a problem, so I will not know until tomorrow if I have an extra ticket.

If you are a MeiGray customer who has purchased or ordered a Redskins gamer from our new program, contact me at bmeisel@meigray.com if you are interested in going to the game tomorrow night ... if the ticket becomes available.

Thanks, Barry

legaleagle92481
12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I noticed this morning that Alfred Morris actually has better stats than Muscle Hamster Martin save touchdowns. I bring this up because the Hamster's jersey is going for almost 6k on NFL Auctions and Mei Gray sells Morris for about a 1/3rd of that. So I wanted to commend Barry for fairly pricing the jerseys as he always does. I hope he gets more partnerships.

Skinsandwiz
12-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Redskins didn't wear the throwbacks last night as originally planned, do you know when that would be, my guess would be at the end of the season against Dallas.

BarryMeisel
12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Skins,

Just back from game last night, a thrilling victory for Washington.

Spoke to the team, and they elected not to wear Throwbacks last night. They are still holding onto the jerseys/pants/helmets we will get after the season because they might, repeat might, wear them again.

It has not been definitely decided. So while we will be getting more Throwback inventory than the approximately 15 jerseys we received from the Carolina game, we will not be getting them until after the season.

We are taking requests, though, because a number of collectors are requesting the jersey/pants/helmet package and I am taking requests/making deals, on those combos.

Thanks for the kind words, legaleagle.

Barry

zooat2
12-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Redskins didn't wear the throwbacks last night as originally planned, do you know when that would be, my guess would be at the end of the season against Dallas.

- Supposedly this coming week against the Ravens they will wear them..

captainhaddock
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Barry,

Any idea if there are plans for the Skins to wear the 80th anniversary patch at any point?

Thanks,

Mike

BarryMeisel
12-05-2012, 08:07 PM
No, Mike, my understanding is that they will not.

Barry

JDubbs73
12-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi Barry, Congrats on the Redskins partnership. What is the best way to get in touch with you to discuss certain players? Feel free to email me at the address provided below. Many thanks.

Jason
jawilliams1173@gmail.com

commando
12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
I wish every team-direct company was as stable and solid as MeiGray... How many of these companies, who did team purchases over the past 15 or so years, are long gone now? Anyone want to buy a Prova chip?

I hope to see continued success and expansion for MeiGray. We need as much stability as possible in this turbulent hobby of ours.