PDA

View Full Version : Statement from your moderator

Eric
12-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Hello fellow forum members

After recent events around here, I thought I'd take a few moments to offer some words.

In the last week, I have been put in the position to edit posts. I never like to do that. If it were up to me, I'd never have to do that. Assumptions, unfounded allegations and back and forth fighting have caused me to clarify and even remove people's comments.

Let's take a moment to remember why we are here; to share in the enjoyment of the hobby and educate each other.

Because of this forum, for the first time ever the collector has a voice in the hobby. It is a powerful voice which has a huge impact in how things are run.

I know, and understand that some of us feel we have been taken advantage of for years, so emotions run high. But reacting in an emotional manner doesn't help anyone.

Before making a post, we all have to take a moment to ask, "Is this the best way to get my point across?" "Do I have enough proof to make a claim?" "Are my intentions to benefit others?"

We have a voice and people are listening. I'm afraid if posts continue to show up that are not based in fact, people will begin to tune us out.

I enjoying reading all that you folks have to offer. You make this site the amazing forum it has become. Thank you for that. Let's keep it going.

Interested in any comments anyone may have.
Eric

Bernie J. Gernay
12-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Eric,

These are all true facts you have stated. The best point made is that things stated here must be just that, facts. When the truth is brought to light on this forum about a seller, auction house, etc. I think it brings out the true purpose of this forum.

Because of this site many collectors will save money on fake items. I also believe it is imperative that anyone selling fake items be exposed here as long as the "facts" are true. As an authenticator or moderator on this forum we can never apologize for fake items. Painfully, we know there are many football jerseys out there that have come from NFL Auctions which were sold as "game cut" that became "game used". Because of this I will assist anyone in identifying a fake if they feel thay have purchased something that may not be real. There are so many out there it is beyond disturbing.

Again, this site will help many collectors save a lot of money in the future and hopefully continue to expose those selling them based on fact. I look forward to receiving emails every day from concerned football collectors. Keep it up!

ChrisCavalier
12-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Before making a post, we all have to take a moment to ask, "Is this the best way to get my point across?" "Do I have enough proof to make a claim?" "Are my intentions to benefit others?"

We have a voice and people are listening. I'm afraid if posts continue to show up that are not based in fact, people will begin to tune us out.

Well said Eric.

Thanks to you, and everyone here, this forum has become a powerful place where the collecting community can have their voice heard. And, by following the advice you just posted, we will continue to take the hobby to another level.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe