PDA

View Full Version : Your thought on "hit" baseball w/MLB Holo

marino13
11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
We all know about the Pujols' HR and Trout's HR.

And Yes, we also know about the Jeter's hit and the Ichiro's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ichiro-Suzuki-Game-Used-RBI-Single-Base-Hit-ALDS-Yankees-Mariners-Playoffs-/160917557807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25776f122f)

But seriously, what would drive the price up or someone put a value on the actual base hit - not a foul tip and so forth? The same can be said about "strike out" baseball by pitchers..

Currently, I am trying to get a trade going - I am giving up a Verlander's strikeout baseball. The owner of the two baseballs I wanted is a really big fan of Verlander (he should NOT have mentioned that :D ) - a base hit by Pujols and Hamilton.

Your thought on the value of these MLB authenticated baseball..

(if the deal goes through, I know I get a better "monetary" value. But what about the rarity value?) Just wondering.

dplettn
11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd suggest trying not to be competitive in your trading. Feel good about sharing the hobby and its enthusiasm.

Ultimately, a trade is all about both people getting something(s) that is/are more special to them. The other party saved both of you time by telling you honestly what is special to them. If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are saying they are willing to give you both a Pujols "hit" and a Hamilton "hit" for a Verlander "K".

You have already recognized being the beneficiary of a generous trade offer. As for what should be more special to you, that's something only you know for yourself. But if you need affirmation from others, here it is: Me, I'd prefer either a Pujols hit or a Hamilton hit. Just the same, if Verlander were my kid's favorite player, I'd look at it with alternate preferences.

Instead of looking at the extent to which you could take advantage of a trading partner, consider how much you can further the hobby you love. If the Verlander ball is something special to a trading partner but isn't core to your interests, feel pride for your hobby if/when you swap it for something you'll be equally or more passionate about.

Helping others in your hobby is a good thing.

marino13
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd suggest trying not to be competitive in your trading. Feel good about sharing the hobby and its enthusiasm.

Ultimately, a trade is all about both people getting something(s) that is/are more special to them. The other party saved both of you time by telling you honestly what is special to them. If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are saying they are willing to give you both a Pujols "hit" and a Hamilton "hit" for a Verlander "K".

You have already recognized being the beneficiary of a generous trade offer. As for what should be more special to you, that's something only you know for yourself. But if you need affirmation from others, here it is: Me, I'd prefer either a Pujols hit or a Hamilton hit. Just the same, if Verlander were my kid's favorite player, I'd look at it with alternate preferences.

Instead of looking at the extent to which you could take advantage of a trading partner, consider how much you can further the hobby you love. If the Verlander ball is something special to a trading partner but isn't core to your interests, feel pride for your hobby if/when you swap it for something you'll be equally or more passionate about.

Helping others in your hobby is a good thing.

Never own any Pujols' or Hamilton's hit baseball. I did enjoy the Verlander's K baseball and now the feeling wore off.

As for the actual price on these items - I think it is some what equal in value but then again, to some, they might price the hit baseball much higher than the K's baseball.

I always love to trade - best system ever. No cash exchange and you have something new to enjoy.

jake33
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
In my opinion, I think hits are more valueable than K's, depending on the player(s) of course. But all things equal, I would lean towards a HIT being more valueable than a strikeout. Just think of this one stat for comparrison

Players with 4,000+ strikeouts in MLB history (thru 2012) = 4 Carlton, Clemens, Johnson, Ryan

Players with 4,000+ hits in MLB history (thru 2012) = 2 , Pete and Ty

Even though it isn't quite the same era (but close) what do you think is worth more, Pete Rose's last hit (1986) or Nolan Ryan's last strikeout (1992)?

================================================== ====

But sticking with pitching, authenticated "last out" baseballs that attribute to a pitcher's SAVE OR Win should be worth more than hits in general terms. Considering the top guy who gets the msot hits will get 220+ a year the top guy in wins will get 20-25, tops in saves 50-60....