PDA

View Full Version : Jim Durham NBA Legendary Announcer Passes at 65

trsent
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
"The inbounds pass comes in to Jordan. Here's Michael at the foul line, the shot on Ehlo...GOOD! THE BULLS WIN IT! THEY WIN IT! They upset the Cleveland Cavaliers! Michael Jordan hits it at the foul line! 101-100! 20,273 in stunned silence here in the Coliseum. Michael Jordan with 44 points in a game hit the shot over Craig Ehlo. What tremendous heroics we have had in Game 5. From both teams, what a spectacular series this has been. In my days in the NBA, 16 years, this is the greatest series I've ever seen!"

He was the best NBA play-by-play guy I ever heard. Sorry when The Bulls didn't renew his contract many years ago. He also did some baseball broadcasting.

He was mentioned last night on Monday Night Football on ESPN. Quite an honor but all too young.

sox83cubs84
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Durham was one of the 5 best announcers I have heard in ANY major sport. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Dave Miedema

d4347
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
As a fellow basketball pxp broadcaster, I have always appreciated Jim's ability to supply an inflormative and exciting broadcast. He had a great voice and pace to his call. I can only hope to be as respected and appreciated one day.