PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Braves Maddux - team cert?

kingjammy24
10-27-2006, 03:57 PM
pardon my ignorance but is that really the team cert? no reference to any specific item or player or anything?

hypothetically, i could easily purchase a 2004 horacio ramirez hat, receive that exact team cert and then pair it with a doctored 1992 maddux jersey to give the appearance of team provenance?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330043631097

rudy.

kylehess10
10-27-2006, 04:24 PM
yes, that's what they all look like. I bought a game used hat from the Braves Clubhouse Store about 2 months ago and I asked them about a COA and they told me that MLB asked for them to stop issuing them. That's probably the reason why. People were most likely taking their COA for something like a cheap game used hat and adding it with something like an Andruw Jones game worn jersey

2000mvpfan
10-28-2006, 01:31 PM
....FYI,Vintage Authentics has a game-used,signed Andruw Jones TBTC '74 Braves style batting helmet that would perfectly match your Jones TBTC hat.Not associated with this helmet or Vintage Authentics,just passing on info to a fellow collector.Good Luck...

Joe

kylehess10
10-29-2006, 01:25 AM
....FYI,Vintage Authentics has a game-used,signed Andruw Jones TBTC '74 Braves style batting helmet that would perfectly match your Jones TBTC hat.Not associated with this helmet or Vintage Authentics,just passing on info to a fellow collector.Good Luck...

Joe

Thanks, I remember seeing that helmet on eBay a few months ago but the seller pulled it, I guess that's where it went. I'd kill for it but I hate to say I only have $40,lol