PDA

View Full Version : Josh Shaw of Jehuu Caulcrick 49ers from Ebay

perlman9
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
If anyone won either of those two jerseys and wants to sell them, please let me know! The seller put them in an odd category and I missed them for my MSU Alum collection.. UGGHHH

Preston
11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Really, "shoes and accessories", HUH?

solarlottry
11-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Jason-if you go to the ProAM website "gameuseduniforms.com", you may be able to pick up both players. I do not know which shirts were sold on eBay but currently Wayne Otto has both a Shaw and a Calcrick up for sale.

If you decide to purchase anything from Wayne, please call them first and ask about game use etc., as some of the shirts show minimal use. If you buy a few things Wayne may give you a break in price, especially for non-stars like Shaw.

Wayne was able to purchase 98% of the 49ers old game worn jerseys, sideline jackets, game worn pants and anything else the team had lying around. It was enough to fill 2 semis, which Wayne and his partner drove back, across the country.

They are not near finished going through the boxes but I was lucky enough to have purchased a 2002 Garrison Hearst away gamer with real nice use, minutes after they posted it on-line!!! They also have Hearst's matching pants which I plan to pick up but at 450$ for the pair, they are a bit steep.

Good luck with your collection! How many players from MSU have made it to the NFL and how many do you have in your collection? What are some of the big names?

Stay in touch.
Best regards
Paul

perlman9
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I know, right Preston?
Paul, thanks! I contacted them and they were the sellers on ebay and both sold for about $200 total and they want $350 for each on their site! I know Caulcrick was only a practice player so probably shows no use so $350 is nuts!
I am working hard on trying to add a jersey of a former Spartan from every NFL team, and have about 10 to go. My best jersey are a Muhsin Muhammad teal Panthers, Andre Rison Chiefs and Tony Banks Ravens I think. But always adding! If you have an in at Pro-Am and think can help me score a deal on those two plus a Julian Peterson they have, I am all in!

Thanks and I will keep looking out for any gamers for ya! I did see the Seahawks pro shop had TOs helmet available a few months back not sure if still there

beef
11-03-2012, 09:47 AM
I played high school football against Caulcrick. Great story of triumph just to be alive, read up on him if you get a chance. Good luck with your jerseys.

solarlottry
11-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Jason if you call Wayne and mention the eBay sales he should cut you some slack on price. Recently a friend and fellow 49er collector picked up a gamer from ProAm, which was originally priced at 550$, for 350$ so there is some wiggle room with regards to price.

I read a bit about Jehuu Calcrick and his story is quite interesting. After growing up in the midst of deadly political unrest in Liberia, that resulted in his fathers death, his family was able to emigrate to upstate NY. Basically him and the surviving members of his family moved from refugee camp to refugee camp just to avoid the violence that engulfed Liberia. To try and remain alive and safe his family had to "step over dead bodies" that we're filling up the camps.

They eventually were granted political asylum in NY where, due to the absence of a soccer team, Calcrick walked onto his high school football team and became a star at RB/ FB. Very interesting story about overcoming multiple obstacles to make it onto the NFL playing field!

Jason- I plan on calling ProAm today to ask Wayne about lowering the price on some game worn pants I am interested in. I will mention both shirts to him and get back to you.

Wayne has always done me right and everything inhale purchased from him has been great. Back in 1998 he made his first trip to SF and was able to purchase almost 20 1994 game worn 49er throwbacks. I was lucky enough to have called him before he sold most of them and added almost all of them to my collection. I was even able to track down the few he sold prior to me calling!

No big name players were included but tracking down the common players gamers can be extremely challenging and I was happy to add them all. The best shirt of the bunch is a playoff worn (Divisional round vs. the Bears) Richard Dent gamer. The team had removed the 75th patch though for use on another jersey but Lon Lewis restored the patch and the shirt is one of my favorite!

Always buying 49er gamers and paying a finders fee!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

solarlottry
11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
For some reason I cannot upload any other images via my ipad! These are the two other Dent images I wanted to post...

Lon Lewis restored the 75th patch using another game worn patch from a 1994 Chargers jersey and did a great job. He has restored 3 1994 49er gamers for me and I could not be any happier with them. His restoration charges are unbelievably cheap for the work he does and I recommend using him for any baseball or football jerseys that need work.

Personally restored jerseys, if the restoration has been done well and preferably by someone I know and trust, still retain some value. With regards to the Richard Dent 94 throwback, I was more than happy to have added Dent's only throwback gamer to my collection. The fact that the team removed the patch detracts less from the shirts value than if a third party had.

The other two 1994 throwbacks that Lon restored are "common" players (although not so common if trying to find a game worn jersey of their's!). Again the team removed one of the numbers from each shirt, obviously which detracts from it value but less so than if a third party did.

Always buying 49ers gamers!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

perlman9
11-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the help, Paul! I have a Caulcrick Bill's but would love a Niners!