PDA

View Full Version : Pardon my rant!

Jeffredsfan
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
So, some weasel stiffs me on a payment through an eBay auction and I can't leave any feedback because the buyer never paid me? To use a popular term - WTF? :mad:

Texans
11-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Are you sure the buyer is not on the east coast? I had a couple of people emailing me they need more time.

It sucks when people dont pay but hopefully when you relist it you get back the same amount. I hate it when you have to relist an item and you get way less.

Jojo

Jeffredsfan
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
No, they are in Cincinnati and the auction ended 10/17. I sent 3 invoices and 4 e-mails asking for payment.

ironmanfan
11-02-2012, 01:47 PM
did you file him with eBay as a non Paying bidder to recover your fees? that helps, although there is nothing you could do feedback wise

Jeffredsfan
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
did you file him with eBay as a non Paying bidder to recover your fees? that helps, although there is nothing you could do feedback wise

Hi Bill - Yeah I've gone through all that and I suppose since the case is closed, that's the reason why I can't leave feedback. It just burns me that non payers are protected from receiving appropriate feedback.

Jags Fan Dan
11-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Yep, sellers cannot leave negative feedbaqck no matter what. Not a fan of that.

short84
11-03-2012, 07:52 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. Totally unfair as far as I am concerned. I had a buyer that did not pay and after I filed a claim to recover my fees, I discovered I was not allowed to leave feedback to warn other sellers. eBay now blackmails top sellers by forcing them to comply with their return policy in order to receive their top seller discount. If you agree with their return policy, a seller now has to accepted a returned item even if the buyer simply changes their mind and you have to give the buyer 14 days.

cohibasmoker
11-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I just had another eBay non-payer.That is why, if I am offered a off-eBay purchase and if I know the person, I'll take their offer. I'd rather take a lower price and be assured that the deal will happen.

Jim

otismalibu
11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Some of these 'buys' are simply to knock your item off eBay for a few days. If a seller is trying to sell the same item, but yours is listed for less, they can use another ID to freeze the competition.

bogey
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
In the last three months, I have had a slew of non payers. Then last Wednesday I got this kiss in email. Paypal sent me an email about a chargeback. Say what I said. A clown bought a jersey from me at the end of June. Took almost a week before he paid. Then on October 31st, 80 plus days after he paid, he goes after his credit card company telling them that an unauthozired person used his card to buy the jersey. I was asked to provide proof that I mailed it. Well first of all, I only keep my delivery confirmation receipts for about 50 days. Secondly as I indicated to Paypal, he isn't claiming non receipt of the jersey so why am I being asked for proof it was mailed? I also told Paypal that he left me feedback when he received it. I have emailed this joker 5 times but of course no response. So I have 254.00 being held while this is being resolved.

joelsabi
11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I was asked to provide proof that I mailed it. Well first of all, I only keep my delivery confirmation receipts for about 50 days. Secondly as I indicated to Paypal, he isn't claiming non receipt of the jersey so why am I being asked for proof it was mailed? I also told Paypal that he left me feedback when he received it. I have emailed this joker 5 times but of course no response. So I have 254.00 being held while this is being resolved.

i will keep my confirmation receipt a little longer after reading this. let us know the result.

how far back can a person try to do a chargeback?

joelsabi
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
In the last three months, I have had a slew of non payers. Then last Wednesday I got this kiss in email. Paypal sent me an email about a chargeback. Say what I said. A clown bought a jersey from me at the end of June. Took almost a week before he paid. Then on October 31st, 80 plus days after he paid, he goes after his credit card company telling them that an unauthozired person used his card to buy the jersey. I was asked to provide proof that I mailed it. Well first of all, I only keep my delivery confirmation receipts for about 50 days. Secondly as I indicated to Paypal, he isn't claiming non receipt of the jersey so why am I being asked for proof it was mailed? I also told Paypal that he left me feedback when he received it. I have emailed this joker 5 times but of course no response. So I have 254.00 being held while this is being resolved.

i just remember what i do as a ebay seller. I post the confirmation number on the ebay listing as a followup to the sale but maybe the post becomes publicly unavailable after a month or so. In that case, i am pretty sure you can call ebay to retrieve the information thru their hidden archive if you explain your situation.

trsent
11-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Why would anyone not use eBay shipping? The tracking number gets uploaded to the Order Details page immediately and kept with the item forever on eBay and PayPal then. You get delivery confirmation for free with Priority Mail and for like .18-cents with other services, much cheaper than at the post office.

Also, you get a discounted shipping price instead of waiting in a line at the post office and paying full retail.

As for credit cards, I believe a charge-back can take place for quite some time with some credit cards. I would guess as long as six months possibly?

trsent
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
i just remember what i do as a ebay seller. I post the confirmation number on the ebay listing as a followup to the sale but maybe the post becomes publicly unavailable after a month or so. In that case, i am pretty sure you can call ebay to retrieve the information thru their hidden archive if you explain your situation.

Also, the eBay tracking number should also automatically then be attached to the PayPal payment, which never disappears. The eBay Order Details page should be available for 90 days if memory serves me correctly. The PayPal payment page should never disappear.

earlywynnfan
11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
My ebay orders page lasts 60 days, then I have no idea how to access an item's page if there hasn't been feedback left. Also, when I use shipping through ebay, not directly through paypal, there are two separate transactions in my paypal account.

That being said, I completely agree with Joel: using ebay's and paypal's shipping is the best thing ever for selling. I even use paypal for shipping outside of ebay.

Ken

earlywynnfan
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM

PLEASE post this joker's ebay handle so none of us have to deal with him!!! (Or can you at least email me so I can discreetly block him?)

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

buc
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I just opened a non-paying bidder case for someone who bought one of my items with a best offer. The buyer is also a member of GUU (though he has not posted on this thread, but he has posted in the past few days.) Be anxious to see if he pays after/if he reads this thread, but if not, I'll let anyone know who it is if he does not pay. Just PM and I will send you his ebay id as well as his GUU id.

jppopma
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I had just the opposite happen to me as a buyer. Bought the item, made the payment, and the seller never "claimed" the payment on Paypal (I always thought the payment was automatic).

After going back and forth and sending copies of the payment information, the seller claims to have sent the item. The item never arrives, no answer from the seller, and I go to open a dispute....

Ebay will not let me open a dispute or leave any feedback because it does not show the item being paid for. Very frustrating.

cohibasmoker
11-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Its not just eBay.

I was holding a helmet for a guy for 2 Months. I could have sold the helmet at lest twice but a deal is a deal right? Well for some, that's just not so. He kept missing deadline after deadline. Finally, we spoke on the phone and he told me he was ready to send the payment. His final comment was, can you send me a scan of the sweatband? I said sure and sent it along. A short time after I got a email back and the guy passed on the helmet because, "IT HAD TOO MUCH WEAR". Never heard that excuse on a game worn helmet before.

I then offered the helmet to one of the guys that made me a prior offer and as luck would have it - he took it in a heartbeat. Gee, I hope it doesn't have too much wear.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Dach0sen0ne
11-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Since Ebay is more of a marketplace now, I think ebay should make you pay immediately for an item. It should be automatically charged to a card/account on file, if you "commit" to buy. If you can't pay for an item, don't bid.

buc
11-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Since Ebay is more of a marketplace now, I think ebay should make you pay immediately for an item. It should be automatically charged to a card/account on file, if you "commit" to buy. If you can't pay for an item, don't bid.

Could not agree more (unless it is discussed prior to winning the auction.) My item (which still remains unpaid...buyer/forum member has until tomorrow night to make the payment before I can close it) was also a buy it now/best offer, which I accepted the offer after it was sent. What makes me even more angry is this collector posted in the Items Wanted section 3 days after I accepted his offer.

bogey
11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi guys. I posted a thread here about the chargeback issue and my emails from Paypal. Nothing new to report on this dispute. Nothing heard from Paypal yet. But I see a viewer requested the i.d. of the yoyo that opened the dispute. It is poochiestan2003.

buc
11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Could not agree more (unless it is discussed prior to winning the auction.) My item (which still remains unpaid...buyer/forum member has until tomorrow night to make the payment before I can close it) was also a buy it now/best offer, which I accepted the offer after it was sent. What makes me even more angry is this collector posted in the Items Wanted section 3 days after I accepted his offer.

Buyer never paid...case closed. PM me if you would like to block him going forward. Pretty sad that a senior member will not pay or even respond to emails.

Preston
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Buyer never paid...case closed. PM me if you would like to block him going forward. Pretty sad that a senior member will not pay or even respond to emails.

"Out" him...make it public. You're doing us all a service by providing this information.