PDA

View Full Version : Patriots now selling GU stuff on line.

Pages : [1] 2

NEFAN
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
For a limited time, also will sell through the NFL.

http://proshop.patriots.com/search/?string=game+worn

kellsox
11-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Interesting. Although the description states that the jerseys may not have been used in a game.

Mattapan03
11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Pretty price when you can't confirm if they were ever used in a game

R_Aaronson
11-02-2012, 09:35 AM
"Players are often issued multiple jerseys each season, and we cannot verify that each individual item was used in an actual game"

Very lame considering it's coming from the team itself and not a 3rd party. Also, in the title description says "Game Worn"

jeffaary
11-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Regarding the game worn status, it looks to me like the pricing may reflect if they think it was worn or just issued based on the wear. The Rob Nionkovich AFL legacy jersey seems pretty cheap compared to the others. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking they don't believe that one was game worn.

woodward30
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Regarding the game worn status, it looks to me like the pricing may reflect if they think it was worn or just issued based on the wear. The Rob Nionkovich AFL legacy jersey seems pretty cheap compared to the others. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm thinking they don't believe that one was game worn.
I would say that $950.00 is A LOT of money for a jersey that was merely player issued and not game worn.

Mulligans
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Personally...I thought that some of the items were priced too high. Many buyers are looking for current players. A Bledsoe Jersey sells for $400-$800 certainly not $5000 for a "possibly used" Jersey?

Who would want to pay $3000 for a GU helmet without a name attached to it? I can only imagine that they will change their strategy as nothing has moved yet.....Still nice to see the Pats moving in this direction.

Vincent
11-02-2012, 02:24 PM
The only somewhat close to market value jersey in my oppinion is the Lawyer Milloy.

legaleagle92481
11-08-2012, 01:04 AM
I think they are cyaing with the language on the site. These jerseys are several years old in some cases 15 plus years so they probably don't have records as to when they were used which is understandable. As for the prices they seem to be looking to capitalize on the once in a lifetime nature of the items hoping fans will buy.

jeffaary
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I would say that $950.00 is A LOT of money for a jersey that was merely player issued and not game worn.

First off the Ninkovich is a red 2009 AFL legacy jersey, which to my knowledge have never been available in the hobby (unlike the white legacies that were available through NFL Auctions). Second, the jerseys of other linebackers START at $3,000 and go up from there. If you want to make the case that ALL of these jerseys are overpriced , I would agree with you. But based on whose jerseys these are and what jerseys they are, and comparing the prices, I would say the Patriots know the Ninkovich AFL legacy jersey was issued and not worn.

Same for the Lawyer Milloy jersey at $750. You're talking about a very high profile player and a major part of a Super Bowl winning team. How can an unpatched Troy Brown jersey be more than 5X?

gadsden86
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Hmm may have to go to the pro sjop and see if they have them on display would be able to tell better in person if they are used. Even then that is alot for thoes jerseys.

Dewey2007
11-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Looks like the Pats have added more detail to their GU jerseys including pics of team repairs and listed some as game issued. Nice to see their marketing/retail people finally got a clue.

jeffaary
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Hmm may have to go to the pro sjop and see if they have them on display would be able to tell better in person if they are used. Even then that is alot for thoes jerseys.

If you e-mail or call them they will give you a better description. I asked about three particular jerseys and they gave me more specific information on the condition of each one. The person I talked to seemed pretty knowledgeable.

legaleagle92481
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Looks like they added some new stuff. I am not a Pats fan but I admit i just picked up a 2009 Throwback Logan Mankins jersey because it looks cool and he is a very good player.

legaleagle92481
11-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Has anyone else purchased anything? It would be cool to know what has been out there so don't be shy. Like I said I am not a Pats fan but this is huge that a team like the Pats whose stuff has always been so rare is starting to release jerseys. Hopefully the Steelers and other tough teams follow suit. It feels good to pay reasonable prices and not have to content with crazed NFL Auctions bidders to get this stuff.

jeffaary
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I purchased the 1997 Keith Byars home jersey. I already purchased the matching road jersey from another board member, so I couldn't pass up the chance to reunite the pair.

There's a couple more on there I'd like to buy, but the prices are pretty high.

Not only are they adding more items, they are going back and adding more info to the jerseys they already listed. I specifically asked about the Custom Crafted stamps on some jerseys and they went back and added pics of the stamps. They've also been adding pictures of the damage on the game worn jerseys, with the damage highlited.

Dewey2007
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I emailed them asking if they were going to be adding anymore jerseys online particularly some specific players and this was their response:

"All of the Game-worn jerseys that are going to be listed are currently up on the website. While there are additional jerseys in the collection they will likely not be introduced until after the season. We do not know if any of the players you referred to below will be included."

Mulligans
11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Has anyone else purchased anything? It would be cool to know what has been out there so don't be shy. Like I said I am not a Pats fan but this is huge that a team like the Pats whose stuff has always been so rare is starting to release jerseys. Hopefully the Steelers and other tough teams follow suit. It feels good to pay reasonable prices and not have to content with crazed NFL Auctions bidders to get this stuff.

I purchased a Kevin Faulk White Rookie, Jerod Mayo Red Throwback and a Julian Edelman Red Throwback.

beaglegypsy003
11-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Just bought the Adrian Klemm jersey issued in 2001. I've been looking for any jersey of his for awhile and to find his Patriots jersey was a bonus.

zooat2
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
$550 for practice jerseys?? that's a little much.

kellsox
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
I purchased a Kevin Faulk White Rookie, Jerod Mayo Red Throwback and a Julian Edelman Red Throwback.

Drop me a line if you ever decide to move the Edelman.
K
Kelspeck@gmail.com

Mulligans
11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I received the Pats Jerseys.....They are sweet and the COA's that the Team provides look pretty nice too.

The Faulk and Mayo both have Team repairs and the Edelman is labeled a Team Issued Jersey. The head of Marketing explained that instead of labeling all Jerseys Game Used without 100% proof of wear, any questionable ones would be labeled Game Issued.

The Edelman actually shows nice game wear with pilling and some staining on the numbers. At first glance, it appears to be the exact Jersey that he wore on October 18th 2009 against the Titans in the Historic 59-0 romp. It was actually the only game that Edelman wore the red Jersey in 2009....I'm looking forward to photo-matching it.

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet?

suave1477
11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
I am dying for an Edelman Jersey but I despise the Patriots lol :p

I am waiting for him to get traded lol

Mattapan03
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Wish I had the coin to drop on one of these jersey's.

Mulligans
11-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Some of the GI prices aren't too bad (understood, its still a lot of $) and I'm betting that most are actually Game Used as the Patriots are well know for only using a couple of Jerseys per season. I have never actually seen a true "Team issued" Jersey on the market that was offered by the Patriots prior to this release?

If you can grab one for $300-400 and photo match it, it could be woth alot more.

kellsox
11-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Some of the GI prices aren't too bad (understood, its still a lot of $) and I'm betting that most are actually Game Used as the Patriots are well know for only using a couple of Jerseys per season. I have never actually seen a true "Team issued" Jersey on the market that was offered by the Patriots prior to this release?

If you can grab one for $300-400 and photo match it, it could be woth alot more.

Are any of the game used jerseys for sale at the actual pro shop in foxboro?

pacman2680
11-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Mulligans, what happened to the Bledsoe jersey listed at 5k?
Did someone buy it?

Mulligans
11-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Not sure about the Bledsoe, but everything dropped to $300-$1000 as they changed a lot of the descriptions to GI. I've seen DB's sell for $450-$650 for GU so 5k was over the top for sure.

They are not available at the store. If you call the online store and ask for Matt, he will pull it and give you a full desciption of use.

jeffaary
12-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Check your COA's against your jerseys. I received my jersey today and the pictures on the COA did not match the jersey.

jeffaary
12-06-2012, 11:12 PM
My jersey was advertised as a 1997 Keith Byars home jersey. I just photomatched it online. It's from 1997 alright - the 1997 AFC Championship game! I lucked out on that one. Technically it is a 1996 season jersey, and I bought it thinking I would pair it up with my 1997 Byars road jersey, but I'm not complaining!!!

kellsox
12-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Broke down and picked up the 1995 Troy brown

Mulligans
12-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Kelly....How was the wear on the Brown? I was thinking hard about that one!

I was able to photomatch all of mine....not bad seeing 2 of them were only game issued. Just picked up NFL Rewind.....God's gift to Collecting!

beaglegypsy003
12-07-2012, 06:21 PM
I knew my Adrian Klemm 2001 home jersey would be team issued ancestors he was on the active roster for one home and one road but didn't see action in either one. Still I was happy to pay $350 for the jersey. I've been looking for one of his jerseys for years. Still looking for other University of Hawaii alumni players.

kellsox
12-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Brown has not arrived yet. He played in all 16 games that year so I'm hoping it shows some wear.

Mattapan03
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Brown has not arrived yet. He played in all 16 games that year so I'm hoping it shows some wear.

Well he would have worn white in 1/2 the games so Im guessing the blue would show some wear

MichaelofSF
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello guys,
just wanted to let you all know that the 1995 Brown is as the description states, issued, not worn. How do I know this? I saw the jersey and it shows no wear. Besides some bleeding in a size "48" written on the front tag it is unused. The numbering and flying elvis logos are crisp as is the internal laundry tag. There is a very faint dirtying of the front 0 but not necessarily from game use. Also the internal custom crafted stamp looks to have no wear as well. The stripes on the jersey compare close to a shot of Brown in 1995 but the mesh holes do not match up exactly as they are just slightly not the same. I know that in 1995 Troy Brown wasn't a huge part of the offense, but he still returned kicks, played special teams and made some catches so his jerseys should show use.

In my experience with 1990s Patriots game used jerseys from that Starter era, actual used jerseys do show peeling of that inner team stamp. Unless your name was Drew Bledsoe you probably were not issued a new jersey for every game and the jerseys from that era should show pretty good use.

Nevertheless it is a nice jersey from a Pats Hall of Famer!

legaleagle92481
12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Do they have a return policy for game issued items? The site is unclear. My fear would be buying an item labeled game issued hoping it showed wear but then discovering it was never worn. There are a few on there including the Light and Seymour that I would consider but don't want to be stuck with jersey with no wear.

yanks12025
12-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Legal,
I don't think you would be able to return something because it didn't have any use after it was sold as game issued and not game used.

kellsox
12-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Mike.
Thanks for the post. Not sure what ill do with it. Was planning on getting it signed and displaying it. Was hoping it had at least some use. Am I correct to assume you bought it and returned it? If so, how we're they with taking it back?
K
Kelspeck@gmail.com

beaglegypsy003
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Just got an email from the Patriots Pro Shop for 12% off today only.

paul457
12-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Bump.

I bought the Seymour white rookie Adidas jersey - definitely an issued jersey, and not game worn. Still a cool piece, but I probably paid too much for it. Also bought the Mankins GU AFL jersey from legaleagle92481 - anxious for that to arrive.

I'm wondering how many of these GU bits are sitting in a storage closet at Gillette. Hard to believe this is everything they have for sale - it's a very random collection spanning 20 years. If they're not making their way into the hobby... they have to be sitting somewhere...

Has anyone seen any of the bigger names for sale? Brady, Gronk, Welker, Moss, Wilfork, etc? I'm sure the best stuff will go to employees / friends / scalpers first. :(

jeffaary
12-26-2012, 11:56 PM
That depends on what you consider to be the best stuff. There was a Bledsoe. While most Pats collectors would consider that desirable, I don't. I have my own niche that I collect that most Pats collectors wouldn't care about, and to my enjoyment the Pats have done a nice job of listing my interests.

My guess is there will be more items that would appeal to higher end Pats collectors.

PatriotsProShop
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I work for the Patriots ProShop and have been following this thread for some time now. Just got my membership approved so wanted to introduce myself and make myself available to answer any questions you may have about our Game Worn & Team Issued gear.

The items we have came directly from the care of our long time Patriots equipment manager, who unfortunately recently passed away. They are directly from locker-room storage, and I helped remove them myself. We have learned a lot about the world of Game Worn products over the last few months and have tried to adjust our merchandising to better meet the needs of our potential customers. We still have a lot to learn, but hope that we are heading in the right direction.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about our products, and hope to learn more from all of you about this exciting hobby!

Jim Scollins
Director, Ecommerce
New England Patriots

ousooner_85
01-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks and Welcome aboard Jim.......Look forward to seeing what items you uncover and make available for purchase.

perlman9
01-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself, Jim! I am a Michigan State alumni collector and the Pats have had several Spartans, so am on the search for those guys if you have other jerseys not listed through the site.

jeffaary
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Nice to have you aboard, Jim. As the resident Patriots-That-Went-To-Ohio State collector, I've been very happy with the selection you've listed so far (Keith Byars, Terry Glenn, Andy Katzenmoyer, Tom Tupa, Joey Galloway). I'm really hoping you have a game worn Joey Galloway or Shawn Springs 2009 AFL Legacy jersey floating around.

How far back will you be going into the jersey archives?

-Jeff

PatriotsProShop
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself, Jim! I am a Michigan State alumni collector and the Pats have had several Spartans, so am on the search for those guys if you have other jerseys not listed through the site.

Hi Jason,

At some point (probably in the off-season) we will pull more jerseys from the storage inventory to be offered online. If you have some names in mind I can try and add them to the list of potential offerings. Assuming we have the players you might be looking for.

Anybody know a good website that lists college alumni to NFL teams? It’s easy to check on an individual, but I haven’t found an easy way to see all former Patriots listed with their college and have it sortable...probably does’nt exist!

Jim

perlman9
01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I found this if it helps
http://sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/348/new-england-patriots/all-time-roster/

Or this is by year
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/history

Here are the MSU guys. Thanks!!
Baker, Chris 2009
Barnett, Harlon 1993-94
Clark, Gail 1974
Creswell, Smiley 1983-86
Discenzo, Tony 1960
Hoyer, Brian 2009-
Morris, Aric 2003
Phillips, Jess 1976-77
Robinson-Randall, Greg 2000-02
Sayler, Jace 2001
Schaum, Greg 1978
Suci, Robert 1963
Turner, T.J. 2001
Webster, George 1974-76
Wells, William 1960
Yewcic, Thomas 1961-66

NEFAN
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I work for the Patriots ProShop and have been following this thread for some time now. Just got my membership approved so wanted to introduce myself and make myself available to answer any questions you may have about our Game Worn & Team Issued gear.

The items we have came directly from the care of our long time Patriots equipment manager, who unfortunately recently passed away. They are directly from locker-room storage, and I helped remove them myself. We have learned a lot about the world of Game Worn products over the last few months and have tried to adjust our merchandising to better meet the needs of our potential customers. We still have a lot to learn, but hope that we are heading in the right direction.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about our products, and hope to learn more from all of you about this exciting hobby!

Jim Scollins
Director, Ecommerce
New England Patriots

Welcome to the Forum Jim!

dplettn
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi Guys,

Jim Scollins
Director, Ecommerce
New England Patriots

I'm not a Patriots fan or Patriots Player collector myself, but I have to take a moment and recognize how "good" it is for Patriots collectors and Patriots heritage that Mr. Scollins has shown such care. Good really isn't the word.... Caring, Interested, Humble.... Truly wanting to do the right thing for the teams heritage and fans! Its a special thing. I don't know Jim Scollins but I commend him and the Patriots!

slab0meat
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
+1, and welcome!

BrianK
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm not a Patriots fan or Patriots Player collector myself, but I have to take a moment and recognize how "good" it is for Patriots collectors and Patriots heritage that Mr. Scollins has shown such care. Good really isn't the word.... Caring, Interested, Humble.... Truly wanting to do the right thing for the teams heritage and fans! Its a special thing. I don't know Jim Scollins but I commend him and the Patriots!

+1
And, I've copied the data from your media guide into a spreadsheet so you can sort. Hope this works.
http://sdrv.ms/VIh8Xg

PatriotsProShop
01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Awesome help with the college/former player data, THANK YOU guys very much!

Jim

paul457
01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Awesome stuff - glad you joined Jim.

Do you have any plans for some sort of email notification for those of us who are interested in new game used offerings? I check the site fairly often, but it would be awesome to have a site announcement (here), email or user group - just something to keep us up to speed. I'm very interested in new offerings, especially the red throwback jerseys, Brady, or Gronk.

Any chance that some GU helmets will surface?

MichaelofSF
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Welcome aboard Jim, glad to have you on here!

PatriotsProShop
01-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Awesome stuff - glad you joined Jim.

Do you have any plans for some sort of email notification for those of us who are interested in new game used offerings? I check the site fairly often, but it would be awesome to have a site announcement (here), email or user group - just something to keep us up to speed. I'm very interested in new offerings, especially the red throwback jerseys, Brady, or Gronk.

Any chance that some GU helmets will surface?

I will have to think about that a bit. I can post here when new stuff becomes available, and you can get on our newsletter list: http://proshop.patriots.com/index.cfm?fa=misc.newsletter

We only have Throwback helmets so far, but I am sure we will see some current logo at some point as well.

Jim

paul457
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds good - thanks for the reply.

I currently own 3 of the pieces sold from the ProShop, so really looking forward to adding a Gronk and Brady gamer to the collection. :)

Also, will you be holding any types of public autograph signings? Is that advertised anywhere? I'm local, and I'm always looking for signings, but seems like I always hear about them afterwards!

GO PATS!

gadsden86
01-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Sounds good - thanks for the reply.

I currently own 3 of the pieces sold from the ProShop, so really looking forward to adding a Gronk and Brady gamer to the collection. :)

Also, will you be holding any types of public autograph signings? Is that advertised anywhere? I'm local, and I'm always looking for signings, but seems like I always hear about them afterwards!

GO PATS!

I can help with that. I know at least signingshotline shows almost everysigning.
Some are just by word of mouth and i know of at least 1 in april and 1 normaly in June that are almost never advertised.
If you want more info i'd be happy to help the best i can. Just shoot me a PM.

on another note great to see the pro shop be on here to help collectors and put thier mind at ease.
Welcome to the forum Jim.

PatriotsProShop
01-15-2013, 08:50 AM
It's a shame to see our stuff show up on eBay. We tried to price our jerseys right, but it seems some buyers think they can buy low and sell high.

In a perfect world we would have our own auction site (something we are considering) so the market could set the price.

Jim

Samets
01-15-2013, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't take that personally!

People always try to make a quick buck but just because it ended up on eBay doesn't mean there will be a buyer for the item...

There are many jerseys & other memorabilia on there that I've seen month after month where the price is out of reach from reality and it will never sell.

nevrdiez34
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't take that personally!

People always try to make a quick buck but just because it ended up on eBay doesn't mean there will be a buyer for the item...

There are many jerseys & other memorabilia on there that I've seen month after month where the price is out of reach from reality and it will never sell.

+1

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Jim:

You've only sold roughly 1/4 of the jerseys listed, so from a marketing perspective I would say in general your jerseys are over priced. But if some jerseys are being resold (and I mean actually sold, not just listed, there's a big difference) for profit on Ebay then they were under priced. Every jersey is different and even a jersey of a bit player may appeal to a certain collector for a reason. If you want to get the jerseys into the hands of the people who truly value them and aren't buying them to make a profit, you need to auction them. That's the only way to find the true market value of each jersey, maximize the number of sales, and keep the middlemen out of the equation so you make all the profit.

I've seen the jerseys being resold on Ebay. Part of this is due to the game issued vs game worn status and pricing. Your website says some of these jerseys may be game worn but you're not sure, so they are being sold as game issued. That is leaving room for people to resell them at a higher price if they can prove, or just create the possibility in buyer's minds, that the jersey was game worn. I would recommend doing what members of this board do; try to photo and/or video match jersey characteristics to prove the jersey was game worn.

-Jeff

perlman9
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
It's a shame to see our stuff show up on eBay. We tried to price our jerseys right, but it seems some buyers think they can buy low and sell high.

In a perfect world we would have our own auction site (something we are considering) so the market could set the price.

Jim

I know the Saints have a nice auction site and the Seahawks, though the Seahawks start with a fairly high price and the Saints start at $1 I believe. I think it is a good idea as you will probably make a few more $$ on some and a few less $$ on others, but may even out in the end.

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't think you even need the cost and effort of your own auction site. I'd use Ebay and have a link to your jersey listings on the proshop webpage. You could promote upcoming listings on this forum.

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Jim:

I'm curious, have any former players purchased their own jerseys?

-Jeff

helmets
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Jim:

If you want to get the jerseys into the hands of the people who truly value them and aren't buying them to make a profit, you need to auction them. That's the only way to find the true market value of each jersey, maximize the number of sales, and keep the middlemen out of the equation so you make all the profit.

-Jeff

Huh? Items that are sold at auction are resold all the time - sometimes at a very good profit. Just because an item is sold at auction does not mean that the selling price is "the true market value" not does it mean that the original seller makes "all the profit." An auction does not keep "middlemen out of the equation", nor does it keep a collector from buying and reselling.

PatriotsProShop
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Jim:

I'm curious, have any former players purchased their own jerseys?

-Jeff

Not yet, but we have had a few inquiries from former players about the availability of their jerseys.

Jim

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Huh? Items that are sold at auction are resold all the time - sometimes at a very good profit. Just because an item is sold at auction does not mean that the selling price is "the true market value" not does it mean that the original seller makes "all the profit." An auction does not keep "middlemen out of the equation", nor does it keep a collector from buying and reselling.

1) All jerseys will change hands at some point, whether it be next week or 100 years from now.

2) By definition, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Auctions provide true market value at that point in time, to those who are aware of the auction. Can jerseys be resold to someone who didn't have the money when it was listed previously but they do now? Yes. Can auctioned jerseys be resold for a profit to someone who didn't know it was in an auction? Yes. Can a jersey's value change because of on or off field events? Yes. My statement still stands.

Right now the Patriots are not moving most of their inventory (over priced and/or under advertised) and seeing jerseys resurface for re-sale (under priced). Nor are they reaching all of their potential customers. A well publicized auction method would maximize sales, profit, and exposure.

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Not yet, but we have had a few inquiries from former players about the availability of their jerseys.

Jim

Jim:

Along those lines, are players ever given their jerseys to keep? I know of at least one player who had their Super Bowl XXXI jersey. I assume it was given to them by the team.

-Jeff

PatriotsProShop
01-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Jim:

Along those lines, are players ever given their jerseys to keep? I know of at least one player who had their Super Bowl XXXI jersey. I assume it was given to them by the team.

-Jeff

Yes, from what I understand there are instances where players are given their jerseys, Super Bowls are a good example of that. I also heard that they also have the option to buy them at cost as well should they want to.

Jim

paul457
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I'll chime in one two points - pricing and availability.

Pricing - I'd have to agree that the pricing seems a little high, especially for anything that is not game worn. I'd base this on 2 things - 1) being the current inventory level and 2) the prices for team issued jerseys for comparable players on other teams. Game worn stuff definitely commands a higher premium, but it looks like a lot of the game worn stuff on the site has been washed? That could be why it's stale.

And while an auction seems like the best option for pricing something fairly, the impulse buyer with the highest CC limit usually sets that price.

Availability - I'm not a fan of just posting them on the site, unannounced. I check the ProShop site daily (multiple times), but I didn't see a lot of the items mentioned in this thread even go up for sale. So either people were tipped off, or they are refreshing the site every 10 minutes - either way, most of us don't have the time for that stuff. It seems the scalpers always have the edge on this stuff, because it's their job.

I'd rather see an announced sale that starts at midnight, a lottery with limits on number of items purchased, or some sort of waiting room system (like they do with ticket sales). Might sound crazy, or like a lot of work, but it's the fairest way for the true fan to get something that they'll never be able to buy from a scalper.

Just makes me shake my head - I won't mention specifics, but recently a Pats game used jersey sold through the NFL auction site and it popped up eBay 2 days later for $2,000+ more than it was purchased for just 2 days prior. Come on... did this guy break any rules? Nope, not really... but just makes me re-think the whole hobby. In some ways it's digusting, just like the sportscard hobby.

Sorry to rant, but would be really nice to see this stuff make it into the hands of fans who would appreciate it, and have them get it at a reasonable price.

jeffaary
01-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Jim:

Thanks for the info you've already given, and for future knowledge. It is great having you here.

I'm looking forward to adding to my Ohio State Patriots collection.

-Jeff

dplettn
01-15-2013, 10:21 PM

Jim

For what its worth (or isn't), I find it noble that you are up front that you care about this. There are great benefits to the game used segment beyond just proceeds to the team or charity. There are grassroots benefits to the team's culture; items touch their homes in a very unique way. When you properly place a game used item, you are selling tickets, T-shirts and TV ads.... you are selling them generations in advance. So, depending on the mission of your team's game used segment, there may be a delicate balance for you to walk.

As a well-intentioned collector of game used (not just football), I've often wondered why some teams don't seem to care about the practice of small scale eBay-preneurs. The sale/purchase of an item for the sole purpose of resale can defeat certain benefits of the team being able to give a graceful touch to its stakeholders (season ticket holders, wait-listed collectors, whatever).

I'm very complimentary of you being here (GUU). But ultimately, you have to realize that its up to you whether to design your program in a way that attracts and facilitates small scale entrepreneurs, rewards relationships, or whatever it is that is your mission... Whatever you do, just make sure the way you design your game used merchandising (communication with your customers, wait lists, pricing or release designs, etc) "fits" your mission.

I've passed on numerous attractively priced items from numerous teams in multiple sports with the graceful interest of the next fan who browses what's left... leaving more for the hobby where the team can touch other collectors. But, in cases where teams demonstrate their segments are not designed to further relationships with their stakeholders anyway, I ask myself: "If the item I try to leave for another good home is alternately going to knowingly be sold to a pattern flipper, aren't I a fool?"

I think the best way for teams to handle it first to identify a dedicated person who understands and cares for a team's stakeholders, knows the product segment well, and is a great communicator. Then for them internally to handle select items on an ad hoc basis. There is nothing wrong about caring where your product goes. There might be a lot right about it...

But talk about it with your customers of select items! Let them know what you expect of them. If you are selling to them to create/further their relationship with the team organization, inform your customers of that. And, advise them not to abuse your courtesy.

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Once someone buys a jersey they are free to do what they wish with it. It is like any other asset one purchases. The idea that people should not resell stuff because they bought it from the team is misguided imo. Most of the Pats stuff is priced so high it will be difficult if not impossible to even break even on that is why its still there. Most of the players have played for the Pats or even in the NFL in years and were far from stars. If someone does manage to make a profit on a particular item more power to them.

PatriotsProShop
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Interesting conversation. One thing I learned while lurking (waiting for my logon to be set up) is how very passionate the members of this forum are about your collecting. As a longtime Boston/New England sports fan myself, I totally understand that dedication and passion. It’s what makes all of this so special. Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly me into your community.

legaleagle92481 - I totally agree that once a buyer purchases from us it is their right to do whatever they want with it. That doesn’t mean we have to like it ;-) I guess I thought that people on this forum would be more against the buying and selling for further profit than they are. I didn’t expect to see members here in favor of it, and actively doing it. It’s a free market, and as someone who sells merchandise for a living, I can’t blame anyone else for trying to make a buck.

Dplettn – thank you for sharing your thoughts as well. I promise you that we do appreciate the other benefits to making these items available, past just driving revenue for the ProShop.

paul457 – I appreciate your comments about things being fair. FWIW, most jerseys have been up for days or weeks before being sold. Very few have sold in less than 3 days of being made available. We will definitely give the issue some thought.

My purpose for joining this forum was to learn more about all of this, and potentially to provide some information (I have already learned more than I will ever be able to give back). That said, I am a person, and therefore have opinions - maybe I should create another login as a civilian to share thoughts like “It’s shame…” . I do own memorabilia of my own. Sometimes it’s difficult to work inside this stadium and remembering to turn off the fan inside of me.

Thanks again for allowing me to be here, and participate .

Jim

paul457
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Once someone buys a jersey they are free to do what they wish with it. It is like any other asset one purchases. The idea that people should not resell stuff because they bought it from the team is misguided imo. If someone does manage to make a profit on a particular item more power to them.

AYour point of view is in defense of the scalpers, which is fine, but it’s not really the point of this thread. No one is arguing that people are free to do what they want with their own possession, but again, not the point here – that’s really a discussion for another thread.

The point here is - Jim has expressed an interest in getting their jerseys into the hands of people who want them because they mean something to them as a fan; and not getting the jerseys into the hands of people who are trying to make a quick buck. You don’t have to agree with that philosophy, but most of the collectors here will applaud that effort and back him 100%.

My purpose for joining this forum was to learn more about all of this, and potentially to provide some information (I have already learned more than I will ever be able to give back). That said, I am a person, and therefore have opinions - maybe I should create another login as a civilian to share thoughts like “It’s shame…” . I do own memorabilia of my own. Sometimes it’s difficult to work inside this stadium and remembering to turn off the fan inside of me.
Jim

Don't sweat it - opinions are welcome, and as you can see most of us agree with and support the direction you want to go in.

So back to the topic of GU and team issued stuff - when is the next batch of new goods coming out!?!? :D

Dewey2007
01-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Just my two pesos but I think the most reasonable thing to do is auction off the high end stuff like Brady, Gronkowski, and star players from years past and sell the common, non-star players individually on the website like what's being done now so everyone has a chance to get one that fits their budget and collection.

Jim, I also appreciate you coming on here to be part of the community!

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't think people should presuppose others motives when selling an item. Sometimes soon after you buy something something you want more comes along or circumstances change. I sold the Mankins I bought a few weeks after buying it because stuff I wanted more came available. I made a few bucks off it but who wouldn't if given the chance? People also list items higher than they paid to take offers sometimes. It is very hard to make a profit on anything in this hobby.

I am also a proponent of high end stuff being auctioned by teams. It levels the playing field and is the most beneficial thing for all parties.

dplettn
01-17-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't think people should presuppose others motives when selling an item. Sometimes soon after you buy something something you want more comes along or circumstances change. I sold the Mankins I bought a few weeks after buying it because stuff I wanted more came available. I made a few bucks off it but who wouldn't if given the chance? People also list items higher than they paid to take offers sometimes. It is very hard to make a profit on anything in this hobby.

I am also a proponent of high end stuff being auctioned by teams. It levels the playing field and is the most beneficial thing for all parties.

+1 with regard to not presupposing motives on individual instances. There is a world of difference between us observing that somebody sells one item out of every 20 items they attain in contrast to our observing that somebody sells half of the items they attain. The particular motive with selling one may or may not be apparent, but that guy who sells stuff extensively (and often shortly after attaining it) has obviously embraced a sense of self (in our hobby) that involves being a small scale entrepreneur. We've all seen plenty of it in all the different sports and teams we collect to have a neural network that can identify what we're observing. Team reps can too, if/when they want to.

jeffaary
01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Sometimes it’s difficult to work inside this stadium and remembering to turn off the fan inside of me.

I wouldn't turn it off. Then it would be just a job...

NEFAN
01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Interesting conversation. One thing I learned while lurking (waiting for my logon to be set up) is how very passionate the members of this forum are about your collecting. As a longtime Boston/New England sports fan myself, I totally understand that dedication and passion. It’s what makes all of this so special. Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly me into your community.

legaleagle92481 - I totally agree that once a buyer purchases from us it is their right to do whatever they want with it. That doesn’t mean we have to like it ;-) I guess I thought that people on this forum would be more against the buying and selling for further profit than they are. I didn’t expect to see members here in favor of it, and actively doing it. It’s a free market, and as someone who sells merchandise for a living, I can’t blame anyone else for trying to make a buck.

Dplettn – thank you for sharing your thoughts as well. I promise you that we do appreciate the other benefits to making these items available, past just driving revenue for the ProShop.

paul457 – I appreciate your comments about things being fair. FWIW, most jerseys have been up for days or weeks before being sold. Very few have sold in less than 3 days of being made available. We will definitely give the issue some thought.

Thanks again for allowing me to be here, and participate .

Jim

I'm glad Brent forwarded this site to you. I think it's great you are paying attention to the GUU forum. Equally glad the Pat's are selling items. Is there any plan to sell more than jerseys like helmets, pants, cleats, etc..? (I know there is one helmet on the site)

PatriotsProShop
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Brent forwarded this site to you. I think it's great you are paying attention to the GUU forum. Equally glad the Pat's are selling items. Is there any plan to sell more than jerseys like helmets, pants, cleats, etc..? (I know there is one helmet on the site)

Yes, we do have game pants and more Throwback helmets. I am curious how any people would be interested in pants. What do you guys think a pair of game pants is worth. Most (if not all) of what I have seen is laundered and my guess is most is game issued not game worn. I think there are several years/styles mixed in among the boxes...and we are pretty sure the years will be similar to the jerseys we have received so far.

We are also hoping to get more current items into the mix at some point too.

Jim

mad87man
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Pants can reach a decent amount if they the player is known. Some people like the full uniform from some people and people spend some money. I am a Jet collector and see most of the jets sell for around 100$ on nfl auctions.

legaleagle92481
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
If you guys want to bring in money sell current player stuff. Pants, socks, anything will generate a good amount of money. Other than that the starters on the Super Bowl teams will do well. I have noticed alot of stuff being sold is of minor players who have not played in awhile so I don't think any of their items will have that much demand.

jeffaary
01-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I have noticed a lot of stuff being sold is of minor players who have not played in awhile so I don't think any of their items will have that much demand.

I wouldn't make that assumption. Jason buys anything Michigan State alumni related. Another guy stated he buys Hawaii alumni stuff. I buy Ohio State alumni jerseys, and I'm not the only one. Not everyone is after a Brady/Bledsoe/Bruschi jersey, and with minor players they typically don't have much stuff out there as they weren't in the league that long, or with the Patriots very long. There are niche collectors out there willing to pay a premium for something they are interested in.

beaglegypsy003
01-17-2013, 06:02 PM
I collect University of Hawaii alumni players. With a few exceptions, most of my collection would be considered that of minor/common players. I bought the Adrian Klemm jersey from the Patriots Pro Shop. Even if it was only a team issued jersey I was thrilled to find it for sale. I also bought a LA Rams pants of Leo Goeas to go along with the jersey I have because it only cost me $29 which included the shipping.

paul457
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Bump - any updates from the ProShop on when new items will become available?

PatriotsProShop
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Bump - any updates from the ProShop on when new items will become available?

Being the off-season, we don’t have any immediate plans to post any additional Game Worn items. We are moving our warehouse to another location on the stadium property in about 60 days, so we are focused on that right now.

I promise to post here in advance of having some new items available. As always, feel free to send me any requests and we will try and include those suggestions whenever possible.

Jim

Mulligans
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi Jim....what happened to the Pats Auction site? Any plans of using it again? I understand that it was typically for the Foundation and not the Pro Shop, but it seemed to be a very effective way of releasing Jerseys to the Public without having to check in 10 times a day to fight over the new releases.

woody1351
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Jim, can you email me at woody1351@Hotmail dot com. Thanks

paul457
01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
I promise to post here in advance of having some new items available. As always, feel free to send me any requests and we will try and include those suggestions whenever possible.

Jim

Nice - looking forward to it!

PatriotsProShop
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Jim....what happened to the Pats Auction site? Any plans of using it again? I understand that it was typically for the Foundation and not the Pro Shop, but it seemed to be a very effective way of releasing Jerseys to the Public without having to check in 10 times a day to fight over the new releases.

As you mentioned that auction site was used primarily by the charitable foundation, but my dept actually manned it on their behalf during my first few years here. You’re right it was a pretty effective tool, but it unfortunately became very outdated software that for multiple reasons just couldn’t be used anymore.

We are definitely considering a new auction style solution for some of the items we hope to sell through this new effort.

Jim

jeffaary
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Jim:

If you are taking requests to appear in future listings, my most desired game worn Patriots jerseys (assuming Super Bowl jerseys are off the table) are:

1) Shawn Springs 2009 red AFL Legacy

2) Mike Vrabel silver alternate jersey (any year)

3) Bobby Carpenter 2012 red throwback

4) Any Andy Katzenmoyer 2000 - 2001

5) Going into the way back machine, any Tim Fox jersey from 1976 - 1981

Thank you.

-Jeff

Aloving77
01-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Jim - I'd be interested in any Kliff Kingsbury and Wes Welker jerseys. Thanks. - Adam

beaglegypsy003
01-30-2013, 03:07 AM
If the price is right, looking for a Jake Ingram #47 (2009-10) and a Greg Salas #17 (2012).

paul457
01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Personally I'd like to see 2011 / 2012 alternate red jerseys, GU or GI, specifically for:

Gronkowski
Brady
Wilfork
Mayo
Ridley
Chandler Jones
McCourty
Welker

Mulligans
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Personally I'd like to see 2011 / 2012 alternate red jerseys, GU or GI, specifically for:

Gronkowski
Brady
Wilfork
Mayo
Ridley
Chandler Jones
McCourty
Welker

......But, please don't post their release on the Forum until everyone has a fair shot at them.:)......I guess that's why auction format always seems to yield the best results.

paul457
01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
......But, please don't post their release on the Forum until everyone has a fair shot at them.:)......I guess that's why auction format always seems to yield the best results.

Agreed, definitely want it to be fair for everyone. However, I'm but a fledgeling in this hobby with only a few jerseys in my collection, and with less disposable income than most of you (due to a recent surgery)... so I'd prefer to take my chances in the non-auction format and pay a reasonable price. :)

MichaelofSF
01-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Being the off-season, we don’t have any immediate plans to post any additional Game Worn items. We are moving our warehouse to another location on the stadium property in about 60 days, so we are focused on that right now.

Jim

Wish list to post for sale or auction as I would love to have a chance at each of these items:
All game used please

1996 Dave Meggett jersey(s)
1998 Ty Law home jersey
Any Curtis Martin jersey
Any Troy Brown jersey
Drew Bledsoe jerseys for auction
2007 Randy Moss home jersey (or any 07 Moss)
Any Tom Brady jersey although preference is a home jersey
2009 Randy Moss red alternate/throwback jersey

thanks Jim

akrover
01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
I hope posting this doesn't effect the price, but as a life long pats fan & maine jersey collector I'd love a shot at a Brandon McGowan jersey.

kellsox
02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Some unexpected expenses have come up and I am looking to move the Troy Brown issued jersey purchased from the pro shop for what I paid. Contact me at kelspeck@gmail.com if interested
K

PatriotsProShop
02-06-2013, 08:22 AM
I hope posting this doesn't effect the price, but as a life long pats fan & maine jersey collector I'd love a shot at a Brandon McGowan jersey.

akrover (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=5569) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_314385", true);
Posting requests here will not effect pricing, I promise you that. We have a model that ranks the year/jersey, the player, game used vs game issued, and any other special attributes (patches, record breaking events, etc). That model sets our pricing. I will add McGowan to the list of jerseys we are keeping to try and make available when we are able to post additional items online.

Jim

93cobra
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I am interested in Rodney Harrison items...thanks!

beef
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Jim,
It's great to see the patriots step up and help their fans and collectors have a source for game used. I was wondering if you had any contacts on other NFL teams, specifically the browns? You can reply here or email me at ryancolbs@yahoo.com thanks

akrover
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Posting requests here will not effect pricing, I promise you that. We have a model that ranks the year/jersey, the player, game used vs game issued, and any other special attributes (patches, record breaking events, etc). That model sets our pricing. I will add McGowan to the list of jerseys we are keeping to try and make available when we are able to post additional items online.

Jim

Awesome. Thank you for the reply. I will keep my eyes peeled!

paul457
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Bump for more Pats GI / GU info!

paul457
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Bump for updates!

PatriotsProShop
05-17-2013, 07:30 AM
I have an update for Patriots Collectors.

We recently received a large number of Reebok jerseys from 2001 to 2011 from the Equipment Manager. I assisted in removing these jerseys right out of the Patriots locker-room. Those jerseys are currently being inventoried and we expect to have a very large number available online later this year. More on that as we get further into the process.

We are opening a new store in Patriot Place called Patriots ProShop Collection. It's focused mainly on women’s and kids, but will have a Game Worn/Team Issued section with about a dozen jerseys in it. These jerseys are available only in the new ProShop Collection store, but for member of this forum, I will help out with shipping if you are not able to make it down to Patriot Place to shop in person. Here is the list - they will be in store within the next few days (we are getting a new display case :

2010 Jermaine CUNNINGHAM #96 Red Throwback (MHK Patch) - Game Worn
2002 David GIVENS #87 Navy - Game Worn
2011 James IHEDIGBO #44 Navy (MHK Patch) - Team Issued
2009 Logan MANKINS #70 Navy (5oth Patch) - Game Worn
2011 Ryan MALLETT #15 Red Throwback (MHK Patch) - Team Issued
2004 Patrick PASS #35 Navy - Game Worn
2010 Matthew SLATER #18 Red Throwback - Game Worn
2010 Danny WOODHEAD #39 Red Throwback (MHK Patch) - Team Issued
2009 Ty WARREN #94 - White Throwback (RARE) (50th Patch) - Game Worn
2003 Dan KOPPEN #67 Silver - Team Issued
2001 Stephen NEAL #61 - White Team issued
95/96 Maurice HURST #37 - Royal Blue - Game Worn
2008 James SANDERS #36 Navy - Game Worn
2005 Richard SEYMOUR #93 Navy - Game Worn

Contact me if you have any interest in these jerseys and we will try and accommodate you as best we can.

Jim

BrianK
05-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for keeping this forum informed. Just a clarification: Wasn't 2001 still Adidas?

PatriotsProShop
05-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for keeping this forum informed. Just a clarification: Wasn't 2001 still Adidas?

Yes you are right. 2001 & 2001 were still adidas, the rest on the list are RBK.

Jim

indyred
05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Is new store open? Is it in the team shop, where area is has it's own separate area. Like Red Sox have at team shop at Fenway/Yawkey store. Where game used are has it's own little area in big store. Or is shop some where else in mall area at Patriots place. I want to go check it out.

paul457
05-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi Jim,

Was wondering if the ProShop has had any thoughts about dropping the price on some of the team issued / game used items left in the store? Or maybe moving them into some type of auction format?

Some of this stuff has been up for awhile and is not moving - which (IMHO) is an indication that perhaps the price point is out of whack. Just a thought.

I ask because I have my eye on a couple of pieces, but given the price that some jerseys are selling for on the secondary market, I can't justify nearly $800 for a team-issued jersey.

Just curious!

Anabolicollege17
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I tried to score the Ryan Mallet international on NFL auctions this year. And I couldn't believe it sold for over 1500$ so you would be surprised how much some could fetch if they went to an auction format.

paul457
05-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I tried to score the Ryan Mallet international on NFL auctions this year. And I couldn't believe it sold for over 1500$ so you would be surprised how much some could fetch if they went to an auction format.

On the flip-side of that, I got the 2012 Mayo International for less than the Mallet!! :)

My thought is, if they're not selling at the retail price, there may be a better method to move them. Or have a sale. Something different... instead of letting them sit stagnant

PatriotsProShop
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, we have been thinking about developing our our auction site, as well as considering partnering up with someone to help get more of the jerseys we have into the market place. I really like the idea of letting the market determine the value much better than trying to figure out what the list price should be.

- Jim

Anabolicollege17
05-29-2013, 09:41 PM
If your hiring please send some applications this way if you need help marketing, and auctioning :)

Great idea to auction. You will earn good money, and at the same time they will move from inventory so you can get more items coming in to keep pushing out to us collectors who have dreams of some pieces hitting the market. I was very happy with the 2012 international game between the Rams and Pats jersey release on NFL auctions last year. So many beautiful rare pieces.

Very nice pick up on the Mayo too. Yeah I wanted that Mallet so bad. Love the Pat whites. I couldn't believe the Mallet sold for that high. I put in a bid of 1,000$ and was leading for a few hours than boom jumped to 1500

Neely8
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I have a game worn Mallett Michigan jersey still with the NOB (which is very tough to find on UM jerseys) with an LOA from the school if anyone is interested....njvette1@aol.com.

PatriotsProShop
05-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Is new store open? Is it in the team shop, where area is has it's own separate area. Like Red Sox have at team shop at Fenway/Yawkey store. Where game used are has it's own little area in big store. Or is shop some where else in mall area at Patriots place. I want to go check it out.

Yes, the new store Patriots ProShop Collection is open. It is located in the "spine" of Patriot Place, near Victoria Secret, Kidsville, etc. The jerseys I listed are all available at that location.

Jim

indyred
06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Did stop into the new store today at Patriot Place. So it is just that one little display encased area with gamers.
Was cool seeing a alternate silver one. The 04 Pass looked like it had some nice use and Seymour. The COA look well done that was on display.

No doubt Pats could make nice money getting inot more marketing game used stuff. Would be cool if MeiGray got involved with them.

paul457
06-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Bump - any updates on offering up new inventory?

paul457
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Bump - any updates on offering up new inventory?

PatriotsProShop
07-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that we are having a sale next week at the proShop store at Gillette Stadium that may interest some of you. The sale will run August 2nd,3rd,4th and among the items available are about 950 old player jerseys.

The jersey inventory consists of game and practice jerseys, both worn and new. All are from 2000 to 2011 so are basically all Reebok, in the current style/logo. There are some older Adidas practice jerseys patched over as RBK. THEY GAME JERSEYS HAVE NO NAMEPLATES.

Some of the game jerseys have MHK, 50th Anniversarry, or International Series patches on them (this is a fairly small pct.).

Game Worn Jerseys are $100
Team Issued Jerseys are $50

Player Worn Practice Jerseys are $50
Team issued Practice Jerseys ar $25

I know most of you arent interested in team issued, or jerseys that have no nameplates, but I thought this was at least worth sharing here in case you local guys wanted to come down and take a look.

Jim

akrover
07-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Nameplete or no, I would love to have a gameworn MHK or 50th patched to frame in my basement. My wife would kill me if I drove down just for that, though. But, Wednesday is my birthday, so, maybe...

Anabolicollege17
07-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Wow that is a great price Patriots. Glad to see Mr.Kraft and the head sales reps are doing this. I wish my Dolphins would do this with there 2012 stock.

Very good pricing as well.

Phil316
07-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I wonder why the nameplates where stripped?

perlman9
07-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Will pay a extra if anyone finds a
Baker, Chris 2009
Barnett, Harlon 1993-94
Hoyer, Brian 2009-
Morris, Aric 2003
Robinson-Randall, Greg 2000-02
Sayler, Jace 2001
Turner, T.J. 2001

yanks12025
07-27-2013, 01:30 PM

All are Aaron Hernandez jerseys. Lol jk

Anabolicollege17
07-27-2013, 04:52 PM
They Usually strip them for re-use by other players. Or some times they give them to season ticket holders to get signed, so they can get multiple autographs and not have it tied single handedly to that one player.

respo
07-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I wanted to let you know that we are having a sale next week at the proShop store at Gillette Stadium that may interest some of you. The sale will run August 2nd,3rd,4th and among the items available are about 950 old player jerseys.

The jersey inventory consists of game and practice jerseys, both worn and new. All are from 2000 to 2011 so are basically all Reebok, in the current style/logo. There are some older Adidas practice jerseys patched over as RBK. THEY GAME JERSEYS HAVE NO NAMEPLATES.

Some of the game jerseys have MHK, 50th Anniversarry, or International Series patches on them (this is a fairly small pct.).

Game Worn Jerseys are $100
Team Issued Jerseys are $50

Player Worn Practice Jerseys are $50
Team issued Practice Jerseys ar $25

I know most of you arent interested in team issued, or jerseys that have no nameplates, but I thought this was at least worth sharing here in case you local guys wanted to come down and take a look.

Jim

do you have some of the names of the players, specifically the MHK, 50th, or internation jerseys... also, how does it work? is it on a first come first serve? im assuming people will be lining up at the door. will it be held outside by camp, or indoors?

PatriotsProShop
07-29-2013, 09:26 AM

Many times jerseys are used for multiple years, and players come and go. When i player gets cut, they remove the nameplate and keep the jersey for the next player who may be assigned that number. The number of no-nameplate jerseys was pretty surprising - we have a couple hundred of them in the 200-2011 inventory.

Jim

PatriotsProShop
07-29-2013, 09:28 AM
do you have some of the names of the players, specifically the MHK, 50th, or internation jerseys... also, how does it work? is it on a first come first serve? im assuming people will be lining up at the door. will it be held outside by camp, or indoors?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a list. It’s possible that more than one player used a number/jersey. If the jersey has a tag that says 2004, it could have been worn in 2005 as well, by a different player than wore it in 2004.

Jim

PatriotsProShop
07-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Sorry, I meant to answer the other part of your post (hit enter to fast!).

The tent will be just outside of the ProShop in the plaza area, yes it is first come first serve.

mrigby_rsl
07-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Jim,
Is there any way for us out of state fans to get some jerseys? I'm coming in a couple weeks but that'll be too late. I don't have any specific players I want but I'm looking at spending a few hundred on a few jerseys if I can!

respo
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
what time will it be opening to customers? will there be any shocking finds in there? like star players etc..?

Mulligans
07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm sure my opinion is not a popular one, but I would rather see them destroyed than see such a large number of Jerseys without name plates enter the market.

It opens up an opportunity for more Seller fraud. I do not ever recall a release of nameless Jerseys of this magnitude since I've been collecting.

That said, I will probably check it out.

Phil316
07-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm sure my opinion is not a popular one, but I would rather see them destroyed than see such a large number of Jerseys without name plates enter the market.

It opens up an opportunity for more Seller fraud. I do not ever recall a release of nameless Jerseys of this magnitude since I've been collecting.

That said, I will probably check it out.

I agree with you. Luckily I have a good friend who will be there picking up as many as he can for me lol.

akrover
07-29-2013, 09:59 PM
What time does the sale start on 8/2? I want to drive down with my daughter & dad, but am curious what times things will get underway. Figure people will be flipping the hell out of these so it's better to take the time to drive down from ME & take a swing first hand.

Umiami338
07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Is there any chance they would put a limit on people like 10 jerseys per person. I plan on going but I'm worried there's gonna be some hardcore dealers showing up buying as many as they can fit in their arms. Maybe I'm just looking at the downside. Ill be happy to get almost any jersey. This should be an awesome opportunity.

Anabolicollege17
07-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Is there any chance they would put a limit on people like 10 jerseys per person. I plan on going but I'm worried there's gonna be some hardcore dealers showing up buying as many as they can fit in their arms. Maybe I'm just looking at the downside. Ill be happy to get almost any jersey. This should be an awesome opportunity.

These jerseys will probably hit the secondary market cheaper than the original sale. I wouldn't worry at all. Just have a member text you some number jerseys live and have him ship you them.

mrigby_rsl
07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
These jerseys will probably hit the secondary market cheaper than the original sale. I wouldn't worry at all. Just have a member text you some number jerseys live and have him ship you them.

With that said anyone willing to help me out? I want a white and red 2009 throwback, a home, road, silver team issued. Number doesn't matter!

Umiami338
07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Do practice jerseys come with year tags or is that only game jerseys. Does anyone have some pics for reference? I'm think I'm going but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

chakes89
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Would anyone be able to snag me a couple issued practice jerseys at cost plus shipping?

I have a couple family members that would love one as holiday gifts

If you are able to help, please email me.

Thanks!

emann
07-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Jim-

Any word on what time this opens? And will there be a limit per person (probably a good idea unless you want one local dealer buying them all by noon on Day 1 and leaving you with a weekend of upset fans)?

Thanks!

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Guys,

Sorry I was off for a couple of days. The hours are regular ProShop hours of 10Am to 9PM. No limit for how many jerseys a person can buy has been discussed. The majority of the jerseys are practice

Jim

respo
08-01-2013, 09:15 AM
can you give me a better description on the jerseys available etc? i thought you said there were MHK, and 50th ann jerseys going to be for sale? I would be coming from ny, so i want to make sure it is worth it.

beantown
08-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Gillette Stadium is having American Idol auditions tomorrow, while this is going on...:eek:

http://foxborough.patch.com/groups/arts-and-entertainment/p/reminder-american-idol-auditions-set-for-friday-at-gillette-stadium-registration-on-thursday

Dewey2007
08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
It sounds like in addition to the nameplates being removed all of the patches were removed from the jerseys too.

can you give me a better description on the jerseys available etc? i thought you said there were MHK, and 50th ann jerseys going to be for sale? I would be coming from ny, so i want to make sure it is worth it.

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Not sure what I can add to what I already posted... There are Game Worn jerseys with no nameplates, probably about 75 of those. There are a couple of hundred team issued game jerseys with no nameplates. I have no idea how many have MHK of International patches, or which numbers they appear on. There are navy and white, all are from various years starting at 200/2001 and through 2011. There are hundreds of practice jerseys both worn and issued. I cannot tell you if it's worth driving from from NY or not ;-)

Jim

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
It sounds like in addition to the nameplates being removed all of the patches were removed from the jerseys too.

Not sure why you say that - unless you mis understood somehting when we were helping you with the jersey you wanted us to pull for you? . Some could have had patches removed before we were given them, but I saw several with patches as we packed them up this afternoon to be brought over to the ProShop. I can’t say how many have them, or if they are on GW or TI, but I saw at several with patches.

Dewey2007
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Sorry Jim. That was a misunderstanding on my part from the help I got from your staff earlier today. I thought all of them had the patches removed.

Not sure why you say that - unless you mis understood somehting when we were helping you with the jersey you wanted us to pull for you? . Some could have had patches removed before we were given them, but I saw several with patches as we packed them up this afternoon to be brought over to the ProShop. I can’t say how many have them, or if they are on GW or TI, but I saw at several with patches.

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Do practice jerseys come with year tags or is that only game jerseys. Does anyone have some pics for reference? I'm think I'm going but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Yes, most of the Practice Jerseys have tags that identify the year - not all, but most.

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Sorry Jim. That was a misunderstanding on my part from the help I got from your staff earlier today. I thought all of them had the patches removed.

No problem, I just didn’t want mis-information confusing things. I just looked at a couple of jerseys in the huge bins we have and saw a GU (Gene Upshaw) and a 50th Anniversary Patch as well. Again, I have no idea what % have patches but there are at least some that do.

Here is a pic of a couple of patches and one of the large bins with Proactice Jerseys in it.

http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=JerseySale.jpg

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Would anyone be able to snag me a couple issued practice jerseys at cost plus shipping?

I have a couple family members that would love one as holiday gifts

If you are able to help, please email me.

Thanks!

I emailed you to see of we can help at all. Please get back to me ASAP!

ruhoos
08-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Any chance you all would have any Ras-I Dowling Game Used Jerseys floating around there? Thanks in advance for your help

ruhoos@yahoo.com

PatriotsProShop
08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Any chance you all would have any Ras-I Dowling Game Used Jerseys floating around there? Thanks in advance for your help

ruhoos@yahoo.com

Sorry, no #21 Dowling from 2011 in the jerseys being sold at the tent Sale.

Jim

chakes89
08-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I emailed you to see of we can help at all. Please get back to me ASAP!
Just replied to your email

Thanks again!

cwood1958
08-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Jim,

If you get a chance, could you e-mail me - I have a list of jerseys I was hoping to buy, but live in Louisiana and won't be able to make the sale in person - I purchased the 1999 Kevin Faulk jersey through the Patriots Pro Shop website several weeks ago and was very pleased with the jersey.

Thanks!
Charlie
cwood1958@gmail.com

woodward30
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Holding jerseys for people in advance doesn't seem very fair for the people who are going to the sale. Just my opinion.

Mattapan03
08-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Just give it a month and you'll see half the jerseys being sold on ebay

Phil316
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
WOW. So you can buy jerseys and audition for American Idol. Sounds like a fun day lol. Glad to see no limit on how many you can buy. I have been saving up for this event. :)

respo
08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Jim can u shoot me an email espo774@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

MichaelofSF
08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Hello Jim can you please send me an email when you have a chance.
Thanks,
Michael Chu
themikechu@aol.com

akrover
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Man, I want to drive down from Maine but am a little concerned about jerseys being held. My goal is to get a home & road (used or issued) patched jersey to frame, but don't want to get there & have them all spoken for over the phone. Not that it's not 'fair,' but it would be nice if everyone could have stuff saved & shipped or have to get in line.

akrover
08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Also concerned about the idol crowd :eek:

woodward30
08-01-2013, 09:24 PM
When you advertise the event as an in-person, first come-first serve sale, holding jerseys for people in advance is extremely unfair to others at the sale. No two ways around it. I hope they aren't holding jerseys for people.

Anabolicollege17
08-01-2013, 09:38 PM
When you advertise the event as an in-person, first come-first serve sale, holding jerseys for people in advance is extremely unfair to others at the sale. No two ways around it. I hope they aren't holding jerseys for people.

Really? I think there will be plenty for everyone. Holding jerseys for fans that live out of state is very nice of them. Granted there should be a very low limit upon doing so, and it should be remaining left over jerseys from the people who waited in line and purchased after the event.

Phil316
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Looks like Dewey already got one before the sale

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56675

woodward30
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Really? I think there will be plenty for everyone. Holding jerseys for fans that live out of state is very nice of them. Granted there should be a very low limit upon doing so, and it should be remaining left over jerseys from the people who waited in line and purchased after the event.
Yes, I agree with you. The Pro Shop should offer the remaining jerseys left over from the sale to the out-of-staters. But this whole holding jerseys for people when you advertise the event as a first come, first serve, in-person sale just doesn't seem right. I think you will upset a lot of people by doing that.

Umiami338
08-01-2013, 10:11 PM
So all I had to do was ask to hold all the #12 jerseys and they'd do it? That seems crazy. I hope the out of staters and dealers didn't take all the premium jerseys people are lining up for tomorrow before the sun even comes up for.

Ill be one of them and ill be disappointed if all of a sudden there's no gamers left.

I'm shooting for a merriweather jersey so I'm not too concerned about that flying off the shelf hopefully.

emann
08-01-2013, 11:31 PM

+1

Why am I driving 2+ hrs on a Friday if I could have just picked up a phone! Saves taking off work, travel, etc.

Anabolicollege17
08-01-2013, 11:33 PM
So all I had to do was ask to hold all the #12 jerseys and they'd do it? That seems crazy. I hope the out of staters and dealers didn't take all the premium jerseys people are lining up for tomorrow before the sun even comes up for.

Ill be one of them and ill be disappointed if all of a sudden there's no gamers left.

I'm shooting for a merriweather jersey so I'm not too concerned about that flying off the shelf hopefully.

LOL I will put a billion in cash and my whole collection that there is no No. 12 jerseys.

Anabolicollege17
08-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Can someone who is going to the sale tomorrow email me at corapimatt@yahoo.com please. I would really like to get a white pats jersey of a number under 20 and a size 46-48.

If someone can do this for me I will pay for one of your jerseys to get a name plate attributed in kiss-cut lettering or w/e the style that year jersey had. I have an awesome guy with dead accurate fonts.

93cobra
08-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it difficult to find a blank nameplate that matches a given jersey? You are dealing with a wide range of years, so you have different shades of material based solely on production variants of a given lot of fabric. While this is awesome that they are doing this, I wonder if some have big ideas to find a jersey with no nameplate or name, buy a nameplate somewhere and have a name put on and all of a sudden it's worth 10x purchase price.

kellsox
08-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Save your time/ aggravation of going to Gillette- buy them when they hit secondary market. I live 20 min away and I'm staying home. Practice jerseys? No names on back? Issued jerseys? I would think anything the pats thought would be worth more than what they could get in the bulk sale would be saved.

akrover
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Save your time/ aggravation of going to Gillette- buy them when they hit secondary market. I live 20 min away and I'm staying home. Practice jerseys? No names on back? Issued jerseys? I would think anything the pats thought would be worth more than what they could get in the bulk sale would be saved.

Yea, I got up this morning and couldn't bring myself to wake my daughter up. I just have no interest in practice jerseys & assume most of the jerseys being held are what I would want. So, if the issued/gamers were such a small percentage anyway, I didn't want to drive 5 hours and get shut out. Plus, I know I'd end up spending $500 between gas/tolls/food & whatever else my daughter would want. So, I'll wait for the next batch on the website & keep my fngers crossed for a Brandon McGowan.

93cobra
08-02-2013, 11:00 AM
what a zoo. people are vultures!

respo
08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
how was it? any pictures? anything good?

93cobra
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
there was alot of random numbers as most expected, some worn some not worn. there were a few people that had 10-15 under each arm...alot of numbers as jim said, of cut players. Id say most were from 03-06, randoms like 7,14,62,65, etc...lots of lineman jerseys. I picked up a couple, couldnt beat the price for 50$ for an issued, i think worn ones were 100....there were a few newer ones but i got there like 930 and there was a line already. you would think someone threw money up in the air how mush bumping and grabbing there was. one guy had at least 15-20 in his arm and was giving another guy who had none a hard time when they both grabbed the hangar at the same time...very selfish. kudos to the pats for making this stuff available, definately a quick easy way to clean house and make some money in the process. It was good for fans who dont want to spend money on the expensive stuff in the store to buy a jersey. I dont know if there were dealers there or just fans, there were some with lists of player numbers from different years trying to figure out who they go to and all that. I got a couple nice wearable jerseys that werent worn, so I'm happy. Can't beat the real deal US made jerseys. Im sure we will see some pop up with non matching nameplates and fonts on ebay, but It seems like more trouble than its worth. i really only saw a handful with MHK patches and i think one GU patch.

mrigby_rsl
08-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Jim,

Will you please shoot me at email! thanks mrigby_rsl@yahoo.com

woodward30
08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
The tent they set up was wayyy too small for the amount of people in there. A complete zoo, but I was able to pick up a few TI red throwback jerseys, so I'm satisfied.

akrover
08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Were all the issued / worn jerseys gone pretty quickly?

Phil316
08-02-2013, 12:32 PM
My buyers said it was a zoo. They got there pretty early and managed to be in the first 10. Lots of grabbing and pulling but they managed quite the haul for me. Thanks to the Pats for a great sale.

Umiami338
08-02-2013, 01:25 PM
It was a little bit of a zoo. I was #3 in line and I wasn't there to get too many jerseys. I grabbed 4 in total and I already regret 1 lol. All game issued but not used jerseys. I think a lot of people had a chance to get a jersey if they wanted one. There weren't many "prizes" amongst them (I think 1 bruschi and 1 givens) so getting there early wasn't super important. By 9am there was still only 10-15 people in line.
I had a pretty good time. It was good to see some other collectors. These are the first jerseys I've ever purchased so I was in heaven.
Because of the obscurity of players I didn't mind too much that people were grabbing 20 at a time.

akrover
08-02-2013, 01:39 PM
It was a little bit of a zoo. I was #3 in line and I wasn't there to get too many jerseys. I grabbed 4 in total and I already regret 1 lol. All game issued but not used jerseys. I think a lot of people had a chance to get a jersey if they wanted one. There weren't many "prizes" amongst them (I think 1 bruschi and 1 givens) so getting there early wasn't super important. By 9am there was still only 10-15 people in line.
I had a pretty good time. It was good to see some other collectors. These are the first jerseys I've ever purchased so I was in heaven.
Because of the obscurity of players I didn't mind too much that people were grabbing 20 at a time.

If you really regret it, let me know!

beantown
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I picked up an Aaron Hernandez 2010 Game / Practice Worn Rookie Jersey...

Phil316
08-02-2013, 03:48 PM
If you know the year and numbers of the time the players played you where golden. There was some good players to be had. I managed to snag a total of about 58 jerseys.

mrigby_rsl
08-02-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm kind of let down and have a bad taste in my mouth about this. I emailed people and made phone calls to see if I could purchase over the phone since I live in Utah and was told No by everyone. I look on here and find out people did the same thing I attempted to.

Side note if anyone is looking to sell anything please let me know!

BrianK
08-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I picked up an Aaron Hernandez 2010 Game / Practice Worn Rookie Jersey...

Just curious ... What is a Game/Practice worn jersey? Aren't the two types of jersey entirely different these days?

Umiami338
08-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I think I may have one jersey to move. Email me at redsoxnation7676@aol.com

beantown
08-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Just curious ... What is a Game/Practice worn jersey? Aren't the two types of jersey entirely different these days?

It's a practice worn jersey...which was worn during practice...

respo
08-02-2013, 06:07 PM
It's a practice worn jersey...which was worn during practice...

Beantown, PM'd you.

mrigby_rsl
08-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I think I may have one jersey to move. Email me at redsoxnation7676@aol.com

Email sent!

Anabolicollege17
08-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it difficult to find a blank nameplate that matches a given jersey? You are dealing with a wide range of years, so you have different shades of material based solely on production variants of a given lot of fabric. While this is awesome that they are doing this, I wonder if some have big ideas to find a jersey with no nameplate or name, buy a nameplate somewhere and have a name put on and all of a sudden it's worth 10x purchase price.

absolutely not. All name plates where either navy or white dazzle.

paul457
08-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm kind of let down and have a bad taste in my mouth about this. I emailed people and made phone calls to see if I could purchase over the phone since I live in Utah and was told No by everyone. I look on here and find out people did the same thing I attempted to.

Side note if anyone is looking to sell anything please let me know!

Don't worry, there are several already up for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-3-New-England-Patriots-Game-Day-Worn-Issued-White-Road-Jersey-/171093880766

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-49-New-England-Patriots-Game-Day-Worn-Issued-White-Road-Jersey-/171093876951

Anabolicollege17
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Were all the issued / worn jerseys gone pretty quickly?

thell all be on ebay so no. There aren't gone at all. And Lmao at the zoo. I wish someone filmed it and would post on youtube. I knew the greedy pricks would be out in numbers. If Pats were selling 2012 jerseys I could see it, but for cheap reeboks people went crazy? Hobby is going to be so tampered with all the people re-listing for 300-400$ once they add incorrect font name plates.

Mattapan03
08-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Some ore already on ebay. Be patient.

93cobra
08-02-2013, 07:44 PM
absolutely not. All name plates where either navy or white dazzle.

I understand that they are a standard color, but I've found that finding a nameplate that is an exact match can be difficult.

Dewey2007
08-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Hilarious...I didn't know the NFL used the same criteria as MLB! From the eBay seller's listing. I guess this is one way to try and justify that they were game used.

A team must state "game issued" if the jersey was not witnessed to have come of the player and immediate possession taken by the authenticator.

Don't worry, there are several already up for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-3-New-England-Patriots-Game-Day-Worn-Issued-White-Road-Jersey-/171093880766

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-49-New-England-Patriots-Game-Day-Worn-Issued-White-Road-Jersey-/171093876951

abstractheory
08-03-2013, 05:43 AM
thell all be on ebay so no. There aren't gone at all. And Lmao at the zoo. I wish someone filmed it and would post on youtube. I knew the greedy pricks would be out in numbers. If Pats were selling 2012 jerseys I could see it, but for cheap reeboks people went crazy? Hobby is going to be so tampered with all the people re-listing for 300-400$ once they add incorrect font name plates.

Just curious as to what makes the reeboks cheap jerseys?

And, no offense, but you offering to help put correct name plates on jerseys definitely won't help with the re-listing of jerseys and the "tampering" of the hobby. Not that I care, not being a Pats fan and all, but, it just seems like such a contradictory statement you made about all the "greedy pricks" wanting "cheap" jerseys that you apparently also wanted. :confused:

indyred
08-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Checked it out Saturday and not much left for game used jerseys. Only a couple left of preseason types that I looked up and saw very little action. Was nice how they had team COA stating whether it was game used or just issued. You could easily tell by the wear the gamers. Pats did a nice job selling these out to public and labeling them. With how rare Pats gamers are from the past. A lot of people were asking about why nameplates were taken off. One of the workers was real good with pin pointing who most likely wore the jersey off the year tag. Even was knowledgeable on how practice jerseys were carried over by guys for multiple seasons.

I hope this is annual thing. My guess is by today all the game used/issued jerseys are probably gone.

For those that got there early on Friday. Did they have any of the throwback reds or alternate silver styles on the racks?

Umiami338
08-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, they had about 20 red alternate jerseys.

Anabolicollege17
08-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Just curious as to what makes the reeboks cheap jerseys?

And, no offense, but you offering to help put correct name plates on jerseys definitely won't help with the re-listing of jerseys and the "tampering" of the hobby. Not that I care, not being a Pats fan and all, but, it just seems like such a contradictory statement you made about all the "greedy pricks" wanting "cheap" jerseys that you apparently also wanted. :confused:

I didn't want for myself. I wanted for a friend over on JC. And yes a correct nameplate for a local member who I know won't go saying its game used and never re-applied. Greedy pricks as in people having 30 jerseys in hand shoving away guys who don't even have 1 yet. Cheap reebok jerseys as in quality compared to the new Nikes.

Phil316
08-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Greedy pricks as in people having 30 jerseys in hand shoving away guys who don't even have 1 yet. Cheap reebok jerseys as in quality compared to the new Nikes.

From my two friends who attended they said there where plenty of Jersey's for everyone. It was not like punches where thrown or threats made. :rolleyes:

Phil316
08-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Infact I just called Eric my friend who attended and he said no pushing and everyone he came in contact with was friendly.

Anabolicollege17
08-04-2013, 07:59 PM
From my two friends who attended they said there where plenty of Jersey's for everyone. It was not like punches where thrown or threats made. :rolleyes:

Oh well thats good. Could of sworn some members said what I stated. Thats where I got it from. I didn't attend myself, but yeah thats good if so.

Phil316
08-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I was told some grabbing and pulling as well but no shoving of people but it easily cold of happened I guess. I mean it only takes one aggressive person to start something. I had this happen to me at a team sale once.

Mattapan03
08-04-2013, 11:41 PM
If anyone happened to pick up a #25 jersey from 2002 PLEASE get in touch with me.

abstractheory
08-05-2013, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Anabolicollege17;331546]I didn't want for myself. I wanted for a friend over on JC. And yes a correct nameplate for a local member who I know won't go saying its game used and never re-applied. Greedy pricks as in people having 30 jerseys in hand shoving away guys who don't even have 1 yet. Cheap reebok jerseys as in quality compared to the new

I guess quality means differnet things to different people. I own both and find both are quality products. Since the new Nike desing is new and fresh, i can see new collectors gravitating toward it. To me, however, it's the history or who wore it and not who made it.

Phil316
08-05-2013, 01:25 AM
If anyone happened to pick up a #25 jersey from 2002 PLEASE get in touch with me.

I will have my jerseys delivered on Thursday from the same. I know I have a #25 jersey in the lot just not sure on the year. Will let you know or email me to remind me. Thanks

Phil316
08-05-2013, 01:25 AM
from the sale not same

Anabolicollege17
08-05-2013, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=Anabolicollege17;331546]I didn't want for myself. I wanted for a friend over on JC. And yes a correct nameplate for a local member who I know won't go saying its game used and never re-applied. Greedy pricks as in people having 30 jerseys in hand shoving away guys who don't even have 1 yet. Cheap reebok jerseys as in quality compared to the new

I guess quality means differnet things to different people. I own both and find both are quality products. Since the new Nike desing is new and fresh, i can see new collectors gravitating toward it. To me, however, it's the history or who wore it and not who made it.

Yeah thats very true. Its all about the player. I just happen to like the Nike jersey weight and design better than Reebok. Guess I just got sick of Reebok for past 11 years lol.

abstractheory
08-05-2013, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=abstractheory;331612]

Yeah thats very true. Its all about the player. I just happen to like the Nike jersey weight and design better than Reebok. Guess I just got sick of Reebok for past 11 years lol.

I hear that...lord knows i have enough of them. The Nike jerseys will saturate the market soon enough and we will long for the good old reebok days. :D

perlman9
08-05-2013, 05:21 AM
If anyone picked up one of these worn, please let me know. Not sure if they went to 2001

2003 #29,
2001-2 #64,
2001 #99,
2009 #86,
2009-11 #8 or
2001 #94

Umiami338
08-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Phil316 could you email me at redsoxnation7676@aol.com. I have a friend that is trying to reach you.
Thanks

PatriotsProShop
08-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi Guys,

My apologies to those who seemed a bit put off by us trying to help a few out of staters on the forum by pulling some jerseys for them. We weren’t trying to create an “unfair” situation, but wanted to try and help a few people out. I think it was less than 10 total held back out of well over 1,000 we made available. We simply can’t list 1,000+ jerseys online to sell them 1 at a time at $25, $50, $100 per. I wasn’t able to monitor the forum Friday, or over the weekend, so sorry to those who asked me to contact them – I didn’t see those posts until this morning . You can’t make everybody happy all of the time I guess, but we do what we can.

I hope eBay bidders look carefully at those listed up there already – seems like a lot of false advertising to me. Jerseys that are dated 5 years after a player left the team, being sold as if they were worn by a Patriot legend?

I know an event like this will go over well with some, and not so well with others, but we like to think doing what we did was better than destroying them, which was really the only other viable option. I understand why some would disagree with what and how we did this event. I read all the posts, so your voices are heard, and we respect , value, and appreciate all of the feedback both good and bad.

We have a ton more jerseys to figure out, so thank you for helping us learn and understand the market. I will let you know when we are ready to make more available.

Jim

Mattapan03
08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I will have my jerseys delivered on Thursday from the same. I know I have a #25 jersey in the lot just not sure on the year. Will let you know or email me to remind me. Thanks

Can you please shoot me a quick email at Mattapan03@verizon.net

Thanks

jeffaary
08-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi Guys,

My apologies to those who seemed a bit put off by us trying to help a few out of staters on the forum by pulling some jerseys for them. We weren’t trying to create an “unfair” situation, but wanted to try and help a few people out...

You can’t make everybody happy all of the time I guess, but we do what we can...

I know an event like this will go over well with some, and not so well with others, but we like to think doing what we did was better than destroying them, which was really the only other viable option...

Jim

You're efforts are appreciated. How many other teams are digging through the vaults and making jerseys from all the way back into the 1990's available? How many of them come on this forum and communicate with us? I'd say Patriots collectors are damn lucky right now.

Anabolicollege17
08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
You're efforts are appreciated. How many other teams are digging through the vaults and making jerseys from all the way back into the 1990's available? How many of them come on this forum and communicate with us? I'd say Patriots collectors are damn lucky right now.

Hit nail on head. Screw the haters you guys deserve Vince McMahon type praise with what you guys did. And the fact you helped out of staters is awesome in its own right. Kudos Pats guy

93cobra
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
agreed, this was an awesome thing for the team to do. The only problem I had was with some of the people there that were quite selfish.

93cobra
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
and that is not the team or staff's fault.

BrianK
08-05-2013, 03:28 PM
I like that the Pats made these available. My only suggestion moving forward (which may or not be practical) regards the nameplates. From a collector point of view, it would be great if the team left the old nameplate in place until the jersey was actually recycled for another player. It seems unnecessary to remove them in anticipation of this happening.

Anabolicollege17
08-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Brian every team does this with there jerseys. I don't think they do it in anticipation. They do it because they know it will happen that they will eventually be re-issued. Sometimes they give them to season ticket holders as well to get signed by multiple players and not have it attached to just that one players name on the back. Thats why you always see name plates for sale on eBay from teams like Dolphins, Saints, Panthers, ex..

Enyouartist
08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I would be interested in a Tebow jersey.

emann
08-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Jim-

Could you drop me an email when you get a chance: grindcrank@gmail.com?

Thanks in advance...

Steelers25
09-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Jim, can you email me please?
Thanks,
Rob
woodley.56@hotmail.com

akrover
09-06-2013, 07:15 PM
If anyone grabbed a gi/gu at the sale they want to get rid of in a size 48 or 50, prefferable with a hemmed waist, let me know. Looking for something to wear (white) or frame (blue - size doesn't matter). Thanks.

paul457
09-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Any updates on new GU / GI pieces coming available? Would be a great way to celebrate the upcoming 2013 season. ;)

PatriotsProShop
09-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Quick Update:

We are pulling about 70 new jerseys that will be posted on the website soon (hopefully before the end of September). They are all from 2001-2011 and are Reebok jerseys, white, navy, and a few red throwbacks.

Our pricing structure will be updated for 2013. On average our jerseys will run about 20% lower than they did in 2012. The jerseys currently on the ProShop website and at the ProShop Collection store at Patriot Place will also be repriced according to the new pricing structure.

Stay Tuned!

Jim

skinsfan0521
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Quick Update:

We are pulling about 70 new jerseys that will be posted on the website soon (hopefully before the end of September). They are all from 2001-2011 and are Reebok jerseys, white, navy, and a few red throwbacks.

Our pricing structure will be updated for 2013. On average our jerseys will run about 20% lower than they did in 2012. The jerseys currently on the ProShop website and at the ProShop Collection store at Patriot Place will also be repriced according to the new pricing structure.

Stay Tuned!

Jim

Jim,

Do you think you could possibly send me an email (contact info is in my profile)? I have a question about some Patriots memorabilia that I'd like to ask.

Thanks a lot!

respo
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
jim, will the jerseys have nameplates, or will they be removed? can you email me at espo774@gmail.com ...thank you!

PatriotsProShop
09-13-2013, 02:02 PM
jim, will the jerseys have nameplates, or will they be removed? can you email me at espo774@gmail.com ...thank you!

The no-nameplate sale was more or less a one-time thing. The ones we are preparing now have names and numbers, most are game used, a few team issued - much like the ones we currently have available on the ProShop website.

On a related note the new pricing structure has been applied to the jerseys already online - most have dropped in price significantly. Collectors who previous considered purchasing any of them might want to take a quick look and see the ones they were interested in are now more attractive given the new pricing structure.

We hope to have the new 70+ jerseys online before the en of the month!

Jim

gadsden86
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Some nice stuff. Was in the store today and saw a few nice items in the display case.

PatriotsProShop
10-01-2013, 09:34 AM
We have posted an additional 50 or so Game Worn and Team Issued jerseys on our website - check them out here: Patriots ProShop (http://proshop.patriots.com/gameworn/?pn=1&ob=newASC&max=100)!

paul457
10-01-2013, 11:17 AM
We have posted an additional 50 or so Game Worn and Team Issued jerseys on our website - check them out here: Patriots ProShop (http://proshop.patriots.com/gameworn/?pn=1&ob=newASC&max=100)!

Thanks Jim,

Can you email me at tobey457@gmail.com - I'm looking for a price on the 2011 Slater throwback you mentioned a few pages back. I didn't see it listed on the site.

Appreciate it.

Mattapan03
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Jim.

Can you please email me at Mattapan03@verizon.net

I had some questions about some jersey's. Thanks!

perlman9
10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Jim, I also had a question. Thanks! jperlman@ohaflcio.org

respo
10-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Are the prices negotiable? They still seem kind of high, and seems like none of them have sold, unless the site hasn't updated

PatriotsProShop
10-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Are the prices negotiable? They still seem kind of high, and seems like none of them have sold, unless the site hasn't updated

Prices are not negotiable, however I do understand your assessment. We are looking at ideas for next year that would help the market set the price; for example, we are considering an auction site of our own, among other things.

We did recently lower the pricing structure to make them more attractive. We have sold close to 100 pieces since launching the collection and are comfortable with the pace of which we are moving the product. There will likely be more available in November - if anyone has any players they are looking for please post them here (if you haven’t already communicated them to me) and we will do our best to accommodate those requests ahead of the next round of jerseys being made available.

Jim

jeffaary
10-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Jim:

My five most wanted game worn jerseys are:

1) Shawn Springs 2009 red AFL Legacy

2) Mike Vrabel silver alternate jersey (any year)

3) Bobby Carpenter 2012 red throwback

4) Any Andy Katzenmoyer 2000 - 2001

5) Going into the way back machine, any Tim Fox jersey from 1976 - 1981

Thank you.

-Jeff

Steelers25
10-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Chad Scott #30 2005-2007

genius
10-09-2013, 02:34 PM
need the other teams to open up the vaults like this! Very cool!

itsme16
10-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Jim, great news and happy to hear about the potential for an auction option on the site. Any chance you could email regarding player I'm looking for? I've happily bought multiple jsys so far, thanks for the opportunity!

itsme16
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Sorry Jim , forgot to include my email:

Cwwithington@gmail.com

paul457
11-27-2013, 04:30 PM
There will likely be more available in November - if anyone has any players they are looking for please post them here (if you haven’t already communicated them to me) and we will do our best to accommodate those requests ahead of the next round of jerseys being made available.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Any updates on the new wave of jerseys you mentioned above?

Thank you.

Aloving77
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Looking for Wes Welker and Kliff Kingsbury jerseys. Thanks.

Anabolicollege17
11-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Patriots seller please try to pledge for some nike uniforms from last season. I really want some from last season if possible. Nike jerseys are much nicer then reeboks imo. I'm sure many members would be happy with last years. Esp the game vs Dolphins last season. Or the December hall of fame patch games.

PatriotsProShop
12-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Jim,

Any updates on the new wave of jerseys you mentioned above?

Thank you.

Hoping to post some new ones on our website next week! Stay tuned!

Jim

PatriotsProShop
12-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi guys,

We have posted some new jerseys today (still have a few to go). Hope you find somehting you like.

http://proshop.patriots.com/gameworn/?pn=1&ob=newASC&max=100

This off-season we expect to have a better inventory to work from and will be able to expand our offerings and fulfill more requests. We have a lot of jerseys from the 90's coming, as well as more silver and throwback.

I will post this spring/summer to start that process. Thanks for the feedback & support, we appreciate it very much.

- Jim

jhunt28
12-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi guys,

We have posted some new jerseys today (still have a few to go). Hope you find somehting you like.

http://proshop.patriots.com/gameworn/?pn=1&ob=newASC&max=100

This off-season we expect to have a better inventory to work from and will be able to expand our offerings and fulfill more requests. We have a lot of jerseys from the 90's coming, as well as more silver and throwback.

I will post this spring/summer to start that process. Thanks for the feedback & support, we appreciate it very much.

- Jim

Oh boy... I was hoping you were going to have a #12 jersey in the new items! Fat chance!!

nickacs
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh boy... I was hoping you were going to have a #12 jersey in the new items! Fat chance!!

That's in the next Goldin Auctions ;)