PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstorm

sox83cubs84
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
All of you Eastern Seaboard members who may be affected by Hurricane Sandy, please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Dave Miedema

both-teams-played-hard
10-29-2012, 03:31 PM
All of you Eastern Seaboard
I thought the hurricane was only hitting New York City. At least that's what the lamestream media wants me to believe.

In other news: Shouldn't the San Francisco Giants be considered a dynasty? 2 titles in 3 years? That's impressive!

PwKw13
10-29-2012, 03:42 PM
The main storm hasn't hit yet here in western New Jersey, and we've already lost power. Thankfully, we bought a generator after having two outages for multiple days last year (4 days and 6 days).

chakes89
10-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Flooding in the 5 boroughs of New York could potentially hit 12 feet, if not more, and West Virginia is facing possible blizzard like conditions and could get hit with 2-3 feet of snow

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the path of this awful storm

DJaeger22
10-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm a minute outside Ocean City, MD and it has yet to really hit hard here. Haven't had a real hurricane like this in years. From pictures it looks like our pier and most of downtown OC is or has been under water at some point today.

tharuier
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm in south jersey and its starting to pound us now.

Everyone be safe out there

NEFAN
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
High winds in Central PA, Generators ready, stocked up on food, and water. Worst is supposed to be tomorrow.

suave1477
10-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Im in Brooklyn NY and some neighborhoods are blacked out and flooded including mine. Lower Manhattan is completely flooded. Middle to lower Manhattan is blacked out. Coney Island is flooded. And all major tunnels are flooded.

tharuier
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Im in Brooklyn NY and some neighborhoods are blacked out and flooded including mine. Lower Manhattan is completely flooded. Middle to lower Manhattan is blacked out. Coney Island is flooded. And all major tunnels are flooded.

I think you guys in ny will get it worse then nj. Be safe out there

suave1477
10-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you!

Reported so far 1000 trees down in NYC.
5 deaths
one was a tree came through a house in queens ny and pinned down a 29 year old male

frikativ54
10-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Thank you!

Reported so far 1000 trees down in NYC.
5 deaths
one was a tree came through a house in queens ny and pinned down a 29 year old male

Yikes! My brother lives and works in NYC, and he had to evacuate his apartment yesterday and go over to a buddy's house. They still don't have any power, but I'm glad he's safe and sound.

I heard that the storm was hitting all the states bordering the Atlantic Ocean, not just New York. My brother's girlfriend, who lives in Baltimore, was supposed to feel the hurricane as well. :(

suave1477
10-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Update

15 deaths so far reported
80 homes in breezy point queens caught on fire

joelsabi
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
be safe out there.

if you are using a power generator for the first time, make sure it is well ventilated.

sox83cubs84
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I thought the hurricane was only hitting New York City. At least that's what the lamestream media wants me to believe.

To the contrary: West Virginia is having blizzards, North Carolina is getting high winds (per a friend who lives there), the storm is currently heading towards Pennsylvania and then, according to forecasters, western New York, and as far west as here in Illinois, we were told to expect wind gusts of 50-60 MPH and 20-foot waves off Lake Michigna that would flood Lake Shore Drive. The winds weren't too bad in Berwyn where I live, but I can't speak for the whole state. The wind did cause power outages in certain parts of the Chicago area.

Dave Miedema

WadeInBmore
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm good. What's wild ride that was. The water...immense. Never lost power...it flickered at times. Cable went out :(. Haven't read the entire thread, just thought I should check in. The Thomas collection lives on to see another day!

Wade

TNTtoys
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Update from Staten Island, NY --

Our home lost power (along with the rest of the neighborhood) at 8PM on Monday. With the power went the heat and hot water. We got everything back this morning (thankfully), and despite what we had to deal with this week, we still feel fortunate. 19 deaths reported on Staten Island alone, and there are still some people missing. The tragedies I am reading about are heartbreaking.

Nearly every friend or family member in the area had lost electricity (many have it back now, but some still don't), and a few friends were flooded. Pitch black neighborhoods and driving from place to place without street lights and traffic lights has not been good. Commutes to Manhattan (without the Staten Island Ferry, train and local buses) have taken up to 5 hours. Hoping that as the restoration effort continues, it won't be very long until we are back to normalcy.

metsbats
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Long Island got hard hit. Almost 1 million with no power. We've had no power since Monday 1PM. No damage from trees or flooding at my home thankfully. Waiting for power to come back.

Those near the water got hit the hardest and had the most property damage.

ferro39
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
im in valley stream and still dont have power. with the temperatures dipping, we went to stay with a relative.

i have never seen anything like this. the morning after, there were trees down everywhere, fish and eels washed up on our block, flooding, everywhere, backed up sewage, etc

flaco1801
11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Lines at gasoline stations reaching 4 hours or better...People are still in line after the pumps have emptied waiting for the next delivery...

Billy77
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Hey all...

I live in Port Monmouth, NJ and lost half my home. My first floor had 6 feet of water in and I lost most of my game used, autograph collection. the storm was just too bad and very fast rising waters.

My family is lucky to be alive. It blew out my garage door and now plywood kepps it closed up. Looters and home invasions were all too real in my area and kept my family safe with my .357 magnum.

I think we are all still in shock and once in a while emotions just catch up along with mental breakdowns.

I am 45 and have collected since age 10. WHat I have left i most likely sell off and leave the hobby for good. I just lost way too much and nothing is covered.

Its just too soon to decide but I can not start over. I will never replace what I lost.

At least we are alive and we are struggling to rebuild our home. Insurance sucks and with so many loop holes we most likely will have barely anything covered.

Take care all and I wish u all well...

Billy Kondratiuk
snakejr77@yahoo.com

both-teams-played-hard
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
My family is lucky to be alive.

Billy,
I am happy that you and your family are safe. Thanks for sharing your story. Sports memorabilia is just stuff.

God bless you, Sir.