PDA

View Full Version : Wow... just - wow...

xpress34
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I just came across this story while checking my eMail and surfing the web.

Mind you, I am not a Football Guy, but this story is bigger than Football, Baseball or any sport. This article should bridge the gap that has been widening between us all together in this time of Politic Turmoil where the norm is to rip each other down to try and make us feel better about ourselves.

While I may not be a Football guy, Manti Te’o from Notre Dame is now definately one of my heroes:

Te'o eases grieving parents' pain (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20121026/Couch-Teo-Notre-Dame-Heisman/)

I hope you allenjoy this article as much as I did.

- Smitty

slab0meat
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Very classy move. Need more people like that.

joelsabi
10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
thanks for the link.

frikativ54
10-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I just came across this story while checking my eMail and surfing the web.

Mind you, I am not a Football Guy, but this story is bigger than Football, Baseball or any sport. This article should bridge the gap that has been widening between us all together in this time of Politic Turmoil where the norm is to rip each other down to try and make us feel better about ourselves.

While I may not be a Football guy, Manti Te’o from Notre Dame is now definately one of my heroes:

Te'o eases grieving parents' pain (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20121026/Couch-Teo-Notre-Dame-Heisman/)

I hope you allenjoy this article as much as I did.

- Smitty

Wow, Smitty. What a story. Thanks for passing it along. :)

mwbosoxfan
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Smitty, thanks for posting the link. We really could use a lot more reporting like that. It was warming to read about a young man who is a genuine class-act during some very tragic circumstances. JO

Rob L
10-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Very cool. You just don't hear about things like this in these times!! Class act - 100%.

jppopma
10-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Very moving. Goes to show that character is bigger than the field.

scottanservitz
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Touching. Thanks for sharing.

gingi79
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
In honor of him winning the Butkus, the Walter Camp, the Nagurski and in my opinion a damn fine choice for the Heisman I thought I'd bump this obvious first round all world talent to the top so others can see what kind of man this athlete really is.

Nothing would please me more than my Dolphins drafting this kid. Hats off to you Manti