PDA

View Full Version : Event and Game Used Autograph Care / Sports Gallery in Cincinnati

dplettn
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
To benefit agents in knowing who conducts exemplary signings, and to benefit other collectors of Cincinnati based teams I wanted to take a moment to share a recent epiphany. I also want to express my most sincere gratitude to Mark and Chuck in Norther Cincinnati’s Sports Gallery (http://www.asportsgallery.com/). Their latest event was the second of two in which our family partook; both were conducted with tremendous distinction.

Mark and Chuck at Sports Gallery were kind to truly care for our item. They further gained the athlete’s care for the particular item after researching its authenticity in advance (photo-matching, documentation, etc) with comfort parameters for Andy’s representation. Mark has been among Cincinnati's most esteemed in the game used space for decades. This is the jersey Andy Dalton wore while throwing his 24th, 25th, and 26th NFL touchdowns en route to Victory over RG3 at Washington.

Mark and Chuck helped to plan the inscription (and its location as we would most enjoy it) and advised on the proper writing instrument. During the signing, Mark and Chuck at Sports Gallery engaged Andy into discussing the game jersey. They even aided in making game photos available to display with the jersey. Care was taken to protect the item throughout the process, including “cut outs” specific to inscription locations.

So now our jersey will display with an inscription reflective of the game in which he wore it. And all these 2012 signed Sports Gallery pieces are the first I’m aware of which demonstrate a period-specific Andy Dalton signature.

The epiphany Sports Gallery provided is that what we as collectors can do is more than just obtain “an” autograph, if autographs are our taste. Conversely, a rushed autograph at a free/sponsored signing may have adversely affected what already was a sensational item.

At Sports Gallery events, both the fans and the athletes have seemed to actually enjoy the interaction with one another. Photos with fans are common. People are smiling. Such a positive experience has been a surprise to both I think.

Preston
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
That's pretty awesome - I just missed getting a pic w/ Dalton last year in Nashville but had a chance to meet him and get a couple autographs - GREAT kid and a GREAT young talent. LOVE that they went to the nth degree to really ensure your item was signed and inscribed the right way and made the overall experience very good!