PDA

View Full Version : "Value" of Albert Haynesworth 2008 Titans game worn helmet

Preston
10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
No documentation but everything seems to line up correctly. Has good use and a "92" sticker inside and a GU63 sticker on outside.

What would a fair "value" for this be? Trying to gauge if I need to shoot for this one or a certain item on the Mile High Card Co auction that ends Wednesday.

Thanks in advance!

Blitzmaster
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Considering that he will never make the hall-of-fam and he was really only an average player throughout his career, I would guess around $350-$400 right now. I would only pay 350 dollars for it myself. I do know that the seller wants $700.00 for his rookie helmet,which is just a little bit less than I paid for my Richard Seymour, Raiders helmet.

jhunt28
10-23-2012, 05:44 AM
It's a very cool helmet, and I'd go for it if you are a Titans collector. I personally wouldn't find much value in the helmet, because Haynesworth is/was an underachieving player with a horrendous attitude. But if the helmet makes you happy, then that's all that matters...I personally would think $500 is fair value, just because of the type of player/person Haynesworth became. Clearly this would be a $2k helmet if he was still playing, and playing at an All-Pro level. But I agree with your assessment that everything seems to match up, and it does look like a nice XL shell with great D-Line use.

Preston
10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I paid a little more than $500 for it but I feel like I got a good value due to the usage and that I have an 08 game jersey of Albert's and pants that I really wanted this helmet for. Plus it was during one of his best seasons.

legaleagle92481
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Congrats on the pickup. As far as value my stance is if an item is one of a kind as most helmets are if you want it don't hesitate to pay a premium for it because if you pass and it comes off the market because it is sold to another collector or the seller decides to keep it you may never get a chance to get it again.

Preston
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Congrats on the pickup. As far as value my stance is if an item is one of a kind as most helmets are if you want it don't hesitate to pay a premium for it because if you pass and it comes off the market because it is sold to another collector or the seller decides to keep it you may never get a chance to get it again.

Thank you VERY much - my thoughts exactly. I have a philosophy to never let a few bucks come between you and an item - you'll kick yourself later.

Blitzmaster
10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Rookie helmet went for $260.00. Funny thing he told me he wanted $700.00 and refused my offer of $375.00 delivered.