PDA

View Full Version : Opinion - 100 Percent Authentics

football7
10-22-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a couple items in my collection as well as have been seeing an increasing amount of items authenticated as game used by 100percentauthentics. This got me thinking, how reputable is this company?

I would be interested in hearing other people's perspective on the company and how credible they really are.

Thanks in advance.

suave1477
10-22-2012, 12:00 PM
You should do a search on this forum. This topic and the person associated with 100% Authentics has been discussed a lot

joelsabi
10-22-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a couple items in my collection as well as have been seeing an increasing amount of items authenticated as game used by 100percentauthentics. This got me thinking, how reputable is this company?

I would be interested in hearing other people's perspective on the company and how credible they really are.

Thanks in advance.

same address as American Memorabilia. I am always weary of items that are authenticated by an auction house as opposed to a third party authenticator. There is a conflict of interest when as auction house authenticates an item they are auctioning off or if they replace an original LOA with there own LOA.
My two cents.

David
10-22-2012, 01:06 PM
My opinion is 100% has some credibility. I didn't say they're totally reliable. They've made errors and the parent company American Memorabilia has had its well publicized issues, but history has shown the 100% LOA to often be accurate.

David
10-22-2012, 01:17 PM
In short, if you look at the LOAs themselves, they've generally been reliable.

Errors? Yes. 'Colorful' company history? Yes. But if you look at the LOAs themselves, they've generally been reliable.

trsent
10-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Funny to see supporters for these letters.

Didn't Lou Lampson often sign 100% Authentic letters?

Like anything, do your own homework and don't reply on a letter 100%.

sox83cubs84
10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I think it depends on which authenticator handled the item, and what the item was. Denny Eskin on a baseball glove? Rock solid. Lampson on a recent baseball jersey? Not so much.

Dave Miedema

football7
10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
The items I have are football items and so are the one's I'm looking at.

trsent
10-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I think it depends on which authenticator handled the item, and what the item was. Denny Eskin on a baseball glove? Rock solid. Lampson on a recent baseball jersey? Not so much.

Dave Miedema

What about Lampson on a recent, say last 15 years, football jersey?

sox83cubs84
10-23-2012, 05:52 PM
What about Lampson on a recent, say last 15 years, football jersey?

I'm not too keen on his abilities with recent NFL garb. However, 1960s/70s NFL and AFL are areas he is good at.

Dave Miedema

trsent
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not too keen on his abilities with recent NFL garb. However, 1960s/70s NFL and AFL are areas he is good at.

Dave Miedema

Is he working for anyone doing authentcation anymore?

dougiedshow
10-23-2012, 10:31 PM
And where is Christopher Morales these days? Kidding.

ivo610
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM
An LOA is only as good as the person who wrote it. There are members of this forum who I would trust sight unseen on some items. There are nfl teams I wouldn't trust again as far as authentication.

TomTimmerman
10-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Dave Miedema

I'd like to think that too. But I've still never seen an explanation of this Ray Knight glove Denny authenticated as being game-used in the World Series.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4821&page=2&highlight=knight+glove

If I knew how to contact him, I'd be happy to ask. But he seems to be "elusive".

Tom

sox83cubs84
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Is he working for anyone doing authentcation anymore?

I'm not sure. Anyone out there care to confirm/refute current Lampson authentication employment?

Dave M.

rick
10-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd like to think that too. But I've still never seen an explanation of this Ray Knight glove Denny authenticated as being game-used in the World Series.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4821&page=2&highlight=knight+glove

If I knew how to contact him, I'd be happy to ask. But he seems to be "elusive".

Tom

Tom,
the link you have for the AMI auction of the Ray Knight glove doesn't refer to a Denny Esken or 100% Authentic LOA. WAs a LOA included in the description when the glove was auctioned?

Rick

TomTimmerman
10-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Tom,
the link you have for the AMI auction of the Ray Knight glove doesn't refer to a Denny Esken or 100% Authentic LOA. WAs a LOA included in the description when the glove was auctioned?

Rick

Interesting. The auction description in my original post was copied and pasted from the AMI website with a reference to 100%Authentics and Denny Esken. Now, the description remains, but the reference is gone. Granted, it's been a long time and there may be a good explanation for the removal.

But, the 100% Authentics website maintains a database of their certificates. Here's the Knight glove with a specific reference to Denny.

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/Certificates/Details/1986-Ray-Knight-Game-Used-Glove-from-World-Series-32392/32392

Tom