PDA

View Full Version : Rudi Johnson Auction

cliffjmp33
10-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I saw an article that Rudi Johnson, former Bengals RB, is auctioning off a lot of his items, including game used stuff. Not sure if everyone would see this otherwise, but sure some may be interested.

http://bid.ebth.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?ebth113/category/SPORTS-MEMORABILIA

Jags Fan Dan
10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed seeing that stuff.

alexbartacustoms
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for posting the link.
In case anyone was wondering, shipping for the framed game-used jersey is quoted at $179 from Ohio to Idaho.
Most of you should be in the same ballpark for shipping.

Alex

Jags Fan Dan
10-20-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm 20 miles away. I might actually bid on a couple of things, since shipping isn't an issue.

CollectGU
10-22-2012, 08:20 AM
The packers helmet listed was very likely a game used packers helmet of william henderson. Everything matches up, and if you look thru the earhole in one of the photos you can see the number 3, plus he had his pro bowl jersey so I bet they exchanged helmets...

Shipp_96
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
The packers helmet listed was very likely a game used packers helmet of william henderson. Everything matches up, and if you look thru the earhole in one of the photos you can see the number 3, plus he had his pro bowl jersey so I bet they exchanged helmets...

Yeah, it was Henderson's helmet. I came to the same conclusion. All the photos I found were perfect style matches, and I since he had his entire Pro Bowl uni minus the helmet in the other lot as you said, I have little doubt it was his also. I bid but had a limit and let it go.

I did win the Butler Grizzlies CC game worn helmet however for a great price. How rare are those!? I never saw a worn CC helmet up for auction before myself. Pretty sure due to the re-certification date it was not Rudi's, but I got it nonetheless.

helmets
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, was Henderson's helmet. However the other lot that had the jersey of Hendersons had the wrong pants and gloves. They were actually Rudy Johnson's pants and gloves from the ProBowl. They would have gone nicely with the framed jersey of his. The NFC wore white pants with blue striping. I thought something was off when I looked at the lot. I wanted the Henderson jersey, but not for the $360 or more that I would of had to pay. May have been able to flip the pants and gloves if a person could find who bought the framed jersey.

helmets
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
The Butler helmet looked to be freshly reconditioned - probably for Rudy Johnson to display. It is fresh paint with clean decals without a mark on the helmet. It is also way to new to be his. His highschool jersey - also framed went fairly low - if that is indeed his jersey and again not just a display pc that the school gave to him years later. The shipping for a framed jersey was too high - which I believe kept his game used jersey very low. The cost that athletes pay to have jerseys professionally framed is normally higher than what his GU Bengals framed jersey sold for.

Shipp_96
10-22-2012, 06:07 PM
The Butler helmet looked to be freshly reconditioned - probably for Rudy Johnson to display. It is fresh paint with clean decals without a mark on the helmet. It is also way to new to be his. His highschool jersey - also framed went fairly low - if that is indeed his jersey and again not just a display pc that the school gave to him years later. The shipping for a framed jersey was too high - which I believe kept his game used jersey very low. The cost that athletes pay to have jerseys professionally framed is normally higher than what his GU Bengals framed jersey sold for.

Yeah I concur it was possibly reconditioned. However I saw quite a few marks on it when it was posted, but of course I'll know more once I get it and can say exactly how many marks are on it :rolleyes:. I knew it wasn't his (as I stated above) due to the 2004 re-certification sticker on the rear, but like I said CC helmets are rare and the price was right.

I wanted to add some information to anyone who won an auction. I paid today, and though there was no buyer's premium (which was a bonus) the shipping charges were absurd. They quoted me $71 (or more then the helmet cost) to ship it Fed Ex 3 day to me? I had to talk them all the way down to Parcel Post for $29. Which was more in the realm of reality. I have no idea why they are charging what they are for shipping but be warned if you got something heavier than a helmet about their costs!

alexbartacustoms
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah I concur it was possibly reconditioned. However I saw quite a few marks on it when it was posted, but of course I'll know more once I get it and can say exactly how many marks are on it :rolleyes:. I knew it wasn't his (as I stated above) due to the 2004 re-certification sticker on the rear, but like I said CC helmets are rare and the price was right.

I wanted to add some information to anyone who won an auction. I paid today, and though there was no buyer's premium (which was a bonus) the shipping charges were absurd. They quoted me $71 (or more then the helmet cost) to ship it Fed Ex 3 day to me? I had to talk them all the way down to Parcel Post for $29. Which was more in the realm of reality. I have no idea why they are charging what they are for shipping but be warned if you got something heavier than a helmet about their costs!

I have to agree with you guys...
The shipping quotes were WAY too high.
That's what kept me from bidding on the framed juco jersey and helmet.
The final sale price was an astonishingly good value for the winning bidder, but the shipping was enough to keep me away.

Alex