PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts About Posting Responsibly

ChrisCavalier
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Hello Everyone-

I think it is great that the forum continues to grow rapidly and that it is providing a venue for people to share their thoughts and learn from each other. However, the quote "with great power comes great responsibility" comes to mind. The hobby looks to this forum as a place to benefit from the knowledge of others. We should all use it constructively and think twice before posting something accusatory which is not supported by absolute facts. This can be unnecessarily damaging to other individuals or businesses and simply isn't fair.

That is not to say there isn't great value in providing information that will help others understand if there are potential problems with an item, etc. However, please make sure that any statements you make on the forum are designated as fact or opinion. It will help everyone make their own conclusions in a positive manner.

I think a great process to follow would be to sense check our potential posts by asking the simple question "Am I posting this on the forum with the intend to help others?" If so, we probably won't be putting things on these boards that others believe have any agenda other than to help the hobby.

In addition, just a quick reminder of the "Disclaimer and Responsibilities" thread posted in the "Forum Policies" forum that states:

"The views and opinions expressed in postings are the responsibility of the posters and not of Game Used Universe (a division of Cavalier Collectibles, Inc.) and GameUsedForum.com, Inc."

Just my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe