PDA

View Full Version : Dead End Kids and the Hudson Reform School Hockey Team

Larry Pelliccioni
10-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I am an avid collector of movie worn/movie used items number over 300 in my collection however I am very excited about my latest acquisitions.
The Dead End Kids were the forerunners of the Bowery Boys and in 1939 starred in a movie: HELL'S KITCHEN.
The plot had the boys who were "guests" at the Hudson Reform School putting together a hockey team under their Coach played by Ronald Reagan.
3 jerseys have survived and all are tagged with Warner Brothers tagging. They were the uniforms worn by the 3 leading characters of the time, Billy Halop, Leo Gorcey and Huntz Hall.
I consider it a privilege to own them and they look great matched up with all of the movie worn jerseys of the modern day film: MYSTERY ALASKA in which I have all of the browns worn by Mystery and all of the New York Rangers whom they played against.
Just thought I would share my good fortune as my byline would read that the "true joy in this hobby is not in the having, it's in the getting and the sharing."
Larry Pelliccioni

BernBabyBern
06-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi Larry,
When you can please shoot me an e-mail. need some help.
Thanks,
Pablo
mikeapno1@yahoo.com

Birdbats
06-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Congratulations, Larry! Outstanding pickup. Thanks for sharing.

ChrisCavalier
06-29-2015, 03:43 AM
Wow, great pickup Larry. I really enjoyed watching the Dead End Kids. Angels with Dirty Faces was a classic!

-Chris

beachpetrol
06-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Congrats, even if it was almost 3 years ago LOL.

Swoboda4
08-11-2015, 06:11 AM
This thread is very interesting. I would love to see the jerseys matched up with the stills/photos from the movie scenes.