PDA

View Full Version : Yanks/o's Final Game

3arod13
10-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Who do you think will win this game?

Of course I'm pulling for the Yankees. But too many bats are alseep. Arod is definately a disappointment for me. But Granderson, Swisher and Cano? I have to believe the bats will wake up soon, but it must be today! Go Yankees!

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Yankees should have ended it last night, but this lineup is horrible. I really hope the Yankees don't bring back either Swisher or granderson. I don't understand how granderson can watch two perfect strikes down the middle and then swings at a ball 4 feet in the dirt.

3arod13
10-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Yankees should have ended it last night, but this lineup is horrible. I really hope the Yankees don't bring back either Swisher or granderson. I don't understand how granderson can watch two perfect strikes down the middle and then swings at a ball 4 feet in the dirt.

What's the deal with Arod? Pisses me off to see him let good pitches go by without swinging; and swing at junk. He's definately guessing on what to swing at.

Granderson is more of a surprise to me than anyone else.

Yes, with a man on second and third with one out; I was yelling at Arod through the TV, "This is your opportunity to shine and shut people up." What happens? Of course he strikes out!

Beer in on ice and I'm leaving work early to get ready for the game. The bats better wake up!

3arod13
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Of course he strikes out...

yanks12025
Well A-rod ain't in the lineup, but yet they let granderson go out there.

3arod13
Well A-rod ain't in the lineup, but yet they let granderson go out there.

Not in the lineup today?

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
No he's not..

Jeter
Ichiro
Cano
Tex
Raul
Swisher
Granderson
Martin
Chavez

3arod13
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Where did you get that from? I checked all sites, and rosters usually don't get posted until an hour before the game.

bronx_burner
10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Yep the lineup is correct and hes not in the lineup, and he shouldn't be. Granderson shouldn't be playing either - if Gardner was at full speed, Grandy would likely be sitting as well.

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Twitter

3arod13
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Twitter

Twitter? Oh, that's really a good source :)

bronx_burner
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Its all over the place - has been for an hour.

But here you go since you need official word...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8495045/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-benched-amid-slump-game-5-vs-baltimore-orioles

3arod13
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Its all over the place - has been for an hour.

But here you go since you need official word...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8495045/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-benched-amid-slump-game-5-vs-baltimore-orioles

Thanks! I guess someone has to be the fall guy:

Granderson is 1-for-16 with nine strikeouts
Nick Swisher is 2-for-15

This will definately help Arod gain confidence. Pitchhit for him (worked out); next day drop him from 3rd to 5th; same game pitchhit for him (dosesn't work); then pull him completely from lineup in the final game.

Nice!

3arod13
10-12-2012, 01:12 PM
The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off! Yes, Arod is not playing well at all. But same with others. Use Arod as the fall guy. Give me a break!!!!!!!!!

BULBUS
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
The only reason both Granderson an Swisher are playing is because of the right handed starter. If a lefty was starting, Arod would be in.

I'm most disappointed in Cano. He was on fire going into the playoffs. He has had a few chances to carry this team into the next round and hasn't produced.

I also think we will see Arod late in the game, unless Hammel pitches a complete game.

joelsabi
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
The only reason both Granderson an Swisher are playing is because of the right handed starter. If a lefty was starting, Arod would be in.

I'm most disappointed in Cano. He was on fire going into the playoffs. He has had a few chances to carry this team into the next round and hasn't produced.

I also think we will see Arod late in the game, unless Hammel pitches a complete game.

Gutsy call by Giraldi.

ARod has hit 4 homeruns off Hammel so hopefully ARod gets a shot to pinch hit against him in a critical situation. Reports show he will be used against a lefty later in the game if needed.

You need a place for Ibanez's bat and he's a defensive liability. Granderson has to be in the field for defensive purposes even if Granderson is slumping. You cannot remove Swisher or you have to replace him with Ibanez. Chavez is a good defensive third bagger so not all is lost. Sabathia is on the mound. What could be better.

It will be interesting how this plays out. Hope the Yankees win.

mbenga28
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm in the minority and hope the Orioles win the series, it would be nice for a change to have Buck celebrate success without seeing it happen after he leaves an organization.

geoff
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Orioles need to win this thing.Would be great for us to win and it would be great for Baltimore and the people that live here that don't believe in them.

joelsabi
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm in the minority and hope the Orioles win the series, it would be nice for a change to have Buck celebrate success without seeing it happen after he leaves an organization.

that would be a great story but at the Yankees expense.

If I were a Matt Wieters or Orioles fan I would being calling up Steiner and tracking down that cracked bat that hit Joba.

BostonSportsFan
10-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Orioles need to win this thing.Would be great for us to win and it would be great for Baltimore and the people that live here that don't believe in them.

Would love to see the Orioles pull this thing out today and get some new blood back in the ALCS, a team that is long, long overdue for a return to that level in the Orioles.

I am not shocked by this series at all other than the very, very low scoring. What I am shocked at is that people still discount this Orioles team. Folks, they played 22 games to this point this year with 11 -11 records against each other and in all of that the Yankees outscored the Orioles by two total runs in 22 games. Why anybody would have thought they would run away with this is beyond me. You don't accidentally play each other .500 ball in 18 total regular season meetings and then expect one team to sweep the other one 3 straight and outscore them 42 -4 with the season on the line.

This just proves that the two teams that led the majors in home runs this year and have lived and died by the long ball all season long can be shut down by great pitching when they are dialed in with the season on the line in the playoffs.

Chalk it up to the Orioles inexperience at this level and lets face it the Yankees are just old. Ichiro, Jeter who by the way is the only one producing, ARod, even Texeira are just old. Granderson has been all or nothing all season hits a ton of homers but has a terrible BA as does Martin.

For those saying the Yankees should have ended this last night, it easily could be the other way around and if not for the miracle by Ibanez on Wednesday night the Orioles would have been the ones ending it last night. This thing could have gone either way to this point and anybody saying otherwise is fooling themselves.

Lets hope we have a great game 5 to finish this thing off tonight.

3arod13
10-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok, yes I'm a big Arod fan. But that is not the main reason for my rant.

As manager, I bring my starters togeter and tell them this is it. This is the time they come together and make it happen. Yes, the good ole RA-RA speach. Sooner, and hopefully not later, they break out in game 5 and win. Then it takes them into the next series on a positive.

Now what you have is drama. And even if they win, the drama will be carried into the next series, where Arod will still be with the team. Why bring that on the team?

I go with my starters and let them do it. If they don't, then it is what it is and they lose. Because now as we have it, if what Girardi did doesn't work, it will only get worse.

kellsox
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't worry about arod. He and the Yankees have the next 5 years at 20+ million per to figure things out.

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Don't worry about arod. He and the Yankees have the next 5 years at 20+ million per to figure things out.

If Yankees don't win, I think they will find a way to get rid of A-rod this offseason. Even if it means picking up 90% of the contract and trading him.

3arod13
10-12-2012, 05:35 PM
If Yankees don't win, I think they will find a way to get rid of A-rod this offseason. Even if it means picking up 90% of the contract and trading him.

Yes, Arod is the reason for all of the Yankees' problems :eek:

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, Arod is the reason for all of the Yankees' problems :eek:

Tony,
I'm not saying that at all. I'm a fan of A-rod and hope he gets the big hits and all. But the way some fans treat him and the media is not right. When Swisher and Granderson are having just as bad of a post season's as A-rod. But A-rod is the one that gets the blame. I don't think that's fair. Really I think A-rod would probably want to be on another team and away from this media.

3arod13
10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Tony,
I'm not saying that at all. I'm a fan of A-rod and hope he gets the big hits and all. But the way some fans treat him and the media is not right. When Swisher and Granderson are having just as bad of a post season's as A-rod. But A-rod is the one that gets the blame. I don't think that's fair. Really I think A-rod would probably want to be on another team and away from this media.

Gotcha!

GameUsedGR61
10-12-2012, 06:34 PM
i wonder if the yankees will go after bj upton

yanks12025
10-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Well the better team won. :)

dwn1955
10-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Better TEAM won? Perhaps, but without stud C.C. the Yanks would be out of the picture, They had better win it all this year because other than the pitching staff this aging team needs major revamping to stay competitive with the Os and Rays. They need to lock-up Cano but no big bucks for Granderson, please, it's bad enough they gave up Kennedy and A. Jackson for him to begin with.

3arod13
10-13-2012, 08:18 AM
I think it's obvious the Yankees are clearly sending a message to Arod. To make all of these moves only against a slumping Arod, when other players are doing the same, says alot. Do you think all of these moves against one player would help their confidence at all? Think it would only make things worse. Glad to see Granderson break out of his slump. Oh yeah, at least he was given the opportunity to do so vice being benched!

kellsox
10-13-2012, 09:17 AM
What happened to all of the great Yankee fans??????????
There sure were a lot of empty seats for a playoff elimination game.

As far as the Yankees eating the majority of his salary- not going to happen. Why would other teams want a player in his late 30s with declining skills for the next 5 years whose best seasons were PED aided. His contract also calls for significant bonuses for milestone home runs. These milestone HRs are what the Yankees hoped to cash in on much like the DJ3K stuff. another club wont want anything to do with paying him bonuses and I'm sure the Yankees aren't going to want to pay IF he reaches those marks in another uniform.
Enjoy the next 5 years.....

yanks12025
10-13-2012, 09:30 AM

As far as the Yankees eating the majority of his salary- not going to happen. Why would other teams want a player in his late 30s with declining skills for the next 5 years whose best seasons were PED aided. His contract also calls for significant bonuses for milestone home runs. These milestone HRs are what the Yankees hoped to cash in on much like the DJ3K stuff. another club wont want anything to do with paying him bonuses and I'm sure the Yankees aren't going to want to pay IF he reaches those marks in another uniform.
Enjoy the next 5 years.....

Lets see a 5 O'clock game on a Friday in the middle of the the Bronx... I'm guessing traffic because after acouple innings the stadium was full. Unlike the Orioles stadium in august only had 12,000 people.

kellsox
10-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Lets see a 5 O'clock game on a Friday in the middle of the the Bronx... I'm guessing traffic because after acouple innings the stadium was full. Unlike the Orioles stadium in august only had 12,000 people.

Wrong- according to espn box score:

Attendance 47,081 (90.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity

That's assuming someone showed up for every ticket sold- which certainly was not the case.

yanks12025
10-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Wrong- according to espn box score:

Attendance 47,081 (90.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity

That's assuming someone showed up for every ticket sold- which certainly was not the case.

Well we could have been like the Red Sox's and handed out tickets/lied saying it was a sell out. Wonder when your guys last REAL sellout was.

kellsox
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Well we could have been like the Red Sox's and handed out tickets/lied saying it was a sell out. Wonder when your guys last REAL sellout was.

Not sure what this post to do with the Yankees or game 5 vs the orioles.
My post was pointing out how a such a high profile franchise with such passionate fans can't sell out a playoff elimination game.
Pretty sure that the red sox they can sell out playoff games. assuming they can make it anytime soon.

Don't think that the Yankees dont do things to inflate attendance also. The comping and giving away of tickets is common around the league.
The 1st year of the new Yankee stadium a friend of mine called the Yankees ticket office a month before the game to buy 3 tickets to a Saturday game in june. High end tickets weren't selling and the yanks were desperate to fill the stadium. He "negotiated" with them and got seats in the left field club(Volvo ?) for 75 each- face value 150.

GameUsedGR61
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM

I was listening to the game on the radio and they were saying that there were MAJOR delays with the trains. Sterling made a comment about it once the game started

maverick14
10-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I was listening to the game on the radio and they were saying that there were MAJOR delays with the trains. Sterling made a comment about it once the game started

This is very possible.
I was at the game yesterday and when it first started many seats were empty.
I traveled to the stadium by train and didn't get there until the middle of the 1st despite leaving over an hour before the game started.
However after a few innings the stadium was pretty full.

yankees506
10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
As someone who attends many a Yankee games (including yesterday and tonight) I can honestly say that there are always empty seats at the stadium.
But that's because at the new Yankee stadium many people stand around behind the seats at field level and have an amazing view of the action. You can literally see the field from anywhere on the field level. Not to mention the Malibu rooftop bar, delta sky club and various other areas in the stadium that can keep people from their seats.

kellsox
10-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Slow trains and luxury suites and starting times don't really explain why 10% of the tickets to the game did not sell at all. Sell outshave to do with the distribution/ sale of tickets. Not people waking through the gate.