PDA

View Full Version : Is JOsports screwing us/me?

COWBOYS4EVR
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Sitting here on tonights auction, bidding on 2 items, both with no reserve.
Item is in its last 15min, listing says im still the highest bidder.
Clock's down to 11 min and i flip back to my other item, still winning that
one. I shoot back to my other item and time is back to 14min 39sec,
but no other bids have been placed. Im still the highest bidder.
Thinking this may be just a glitch, 5 minutes go by and i go to a different page look at another item and then switch back to the same item. Clock
is back up to 14min 42sec.

Am i missing something,

COWBOYS4EVR
10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Won item as long as i didnt flip the page.......

cliffjmp33
10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Seems they run their auction like other places with the entire lot in the fold. If there is a bid on ANY item, not just yours, it will bump back to 15 minutes.

I looked up the rules, and here is what they state. Hope it doesn't keep you up all night and best of luck. Hope you end up with the items you're after.

c) 15 Minute Rule Definition - The 15 minute rule means that starting at 10:00 PM, EST on the last day of the auction, the auction will close at 10:00 PM, EST as long as no bids are placed on any auction item within a 15 minute span. If no bids are placed during that 15 minute span of time on any auction items, the entire auction will close. If however a bid is placed within that time span on any auction item, the auction will remain open for another 15 minutes. This process will stay in effect until no bids are placed within a 15 minute time span on any auction item. To bid on a lot after 10:00 PM, EST you must have placed a bid on that lot prior to 10:00 PM, EST. No retractions of bids are permitted.

COWBOYS4EVR
10-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your help.
Missed that "ANY" part, kinda have to read it twice for it to sink in.
BTW i did win the items but sitting for an extra hour waiting sucks.

Falcon
10-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Anyone know the results of the Nike jerseys?

Dewey2007
10-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Ray Lewis: $11,625
Desean Jackson: $3,289
Julio Jones: $5,299
Michael Turner: $3,289
Roddy White: Reserve Not Met

Anyone know the results of the Nike jerseys?

cohibasmoker
10-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Ray Lewis: $11,625
Desean Jackson: $3,289
Julio Jones: $5,299
Michael Turner: $3,289
Roddy White: Reserve Not Met

What I don't understand about JO Sports is, why do they change a Buyer's Premium on items they own? Based on the above sales, that's an extra 15% - WOW.

Just an opinion.

jake33
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't really know why they'd charge the 15% fee, unless there is some hosting fee we are not made away of. But either way, it is not a bait and switch situation. They are clear on their terms and they could charge a 40% premium if they wanted to. It is your choice to bid on the item with their terms.

However from a buyer's point of view, it is a little silly. Especially, if you won an auction with only 1 bid. To me I would like to be just charged a price and not keep pilling on profit, just to pile on profit.

I never understand why any companies do extra fees for services that are already provided. Does anyone like get services charges, or annual gym membership fees for no real reason, from a buyer's point of view it leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth, like I just got hosed.

-----

Side point -- A trick I do when companies have genric contracts for you to sign at a store, I will always ask the store clerk to let me look it over. I will walk to the side and cross off terms in the contract that I do not agree to (like service fees or other terms). I will then sign the contract and hand it back to the clerk and ask for a copy. The clerk who is making $9.00 an hour won't even look at the contract and will give it back to me. 5 months later when I have an issue and they want to charge me a fee, i will present them the contract I signed that they have a copy of too. Often the store manager has to get involved and they will send to ym request just to be done with the issue. - worked a few times at Best buy.

Problem is with online contracts, you cannot do that or make any edits.