PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros Final Homestand Blowout Sale

WVUBeatPitt
10-10-2012, 12:20 AM
I was curious to see if anybody from Houston could shed some light on how the Astros sell their game used stuff.

I was in town for the Pirates series on the last home stand and was very surprised to see the "sale" that they were having and the prices were unreal. Obviously I picked up a few things while I was there.

Do they do that "Flashback Friday" sale each Friday or was that a one time deal? I asked the guy working the register if there was any way to buy their game used stuff and he basically said they sell during games and that's it. If anybody has a contact there with the Astros, please pass that along as there are a few things and other items that I would like to ask them about.

I know that the Reds and Cardinals are two teams that make it easy to work with them to buy items (and it can be expensive) ... but if there is a way to deal direct with the Astros and not have to fly to Houston for a game, I would love to learn how to do that.

Thanks to all for your time and help ... it's appreciated.

Astros1994
10-10-2012, 01:59 AM
I was curious to see if anybody from Houston could shed some light on how the Astros sell their game used stuff.

I was in town for the Pirates series on the last home stand and was very surprised to see the "sale" that they were having and the prices were unreal. Obviously I picked up a few things while I was there.

Do they do that "Flashback Friday" sale each Friday or was that a one time deal? I asked the guy working the register if there was any way to buy their game used stuff and he basically said they sell during games and that's it. If anybody has a contact there with the Astros, please pass that along as there are a few things and other items that I would like to ask them about.

I know that the Reds and Cardinals are two teams that make it easy to work with them to buy items (and it can be expensive) ... but if there is a way to deal direct with the Astros and not have to fly to Houston for a game, I would love to learn how to do that.

Thanks to all for your time and help ... it's appreciated.

This is the first year that the Astros have had the Flashback Friday sales. The name comes from the Astros wearing TBTC uniforms on all but one Friday home game this season.

You can try contacting the Mike Acosta at 713-259-8006 or macosta@astros.com. The Astros Authentics program is basically a one man show and a part time one at that. The program is not set up for mail order but in the past they have done a limited amount.

WVUBeatPitt
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
This is the first year that the Astros have had the Flashback Friday sales. The name comes from the Astros wearing TBTC uniforms on all but one Friday home game this season.

You can try contacting the Mike Acosta at 713-259-8006 or macosta@astros.com. The Astros Authentics program is basically a one man show and a part time one at that. The program is not set up for mail order but in the past they have done a limited amount.

Thanks so much for the information ... I greatly appreciate it.