PDA

View Full Version : Whoever sent me a Private Message through GUU, I didn't get it

trsent
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I had a pop-up for a private message today, but when I went to my inbox there were no new messages. My email is found at the bottom of every post I make so if anyone wishes to personally contact me email me so I actually receive it as this is not the first time I have been told I have a private message on GUU and when I go to my inbox there isn't a message there.

ousooner_85
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
That was me and for some reason it doesn't even show up in my sent/outbox. I'll send you an e-mail. Thanks!

xpress34
10-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm just wondering how you got a message that you had a PM?

The system here has never done that for me, but on SCF it's active and works great when people leave messages.

trsent
10-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm just wondering how you got a message that you had a PM?

The system here has never done that for me, but on SCF it's active and works great when people leave messages.

I'm on a regular PC and it pops up a little window when I have a PM waiting. Usually the message is there, but from time to time there is no message.

I'm never sure why people PM me through the site, I should turn them off if I can figure out how. I have my personal email in each post which I receive much quicker if emailed as I check my email often when awake. I check it slightly less often when asleep.

ousooner_85
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
trsent - in response to why I sent a pm rather than e-mail. I think it's something learned from other message boards. There is a unique culture here (gameuseduniverse) where people don't hide behind their avatars. I didn't even think about it emailing you based on what I had always done on a message board. I've sent several pm's to people and I'm assuming they never got them. I'll try to e-mail people from now on when that's an option. Seems more reliable than pm's on this site anyway.