PDA

View Full Version : Mets items for sale

TNTtoys
10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
1) Complete 2006 Turn Back the Clock (1986 Home) Uniform - $375 OBO:
Worn by second-baseman Chris Woodward during the last season in which the Mets were NL East Champs. The uniform was specifically worn in 2 games during the weekend in which the Mets celebrated the 20th Anniversary of their 1986 World Series Championship (Saturday, August 19th and Sunday, August 20th). Chris Woodward played second base for both games in their entirety. The uniform resembles the home white pinstripe uniforms of the day, complete with the 25th Anniversary of the franchise patch. Each piece of the uniform (jersey, pants, cap) was purchased separately from Mets-Steiner, and each comes with its own letter of authenticity that features a numbered hologram sticker to match the one on the uniform piece. I am the original owner of the uniform; it has never changed hands. My asking price is less than what I originally paid. Back when these one-of-a-kind uniforms were made available to the public, they were in huge demand with Mets collectors, and the prices reflected as such. As you could imagine, not many of them exist. Finding one that is complete is an even tougher feat.

2) 2006 Julio Franco Game Used NLCS Batting Helmet – $200 OBO:
Royal blue batting helmet worn by then 48-year old Julio Franco during the last season in which the Mets appeared in the post season. The helmet was collected after the 2006 NLCS and comes with a Mets-Steiner letter of authenticity. Julio autographed the helmet and also inscribed that it was game used during the 2006 NLCS.

3) 2000 Al Leiter Game Used Black Alternate Road Jersey (World Series Year) - $275 OBO:
Eye-catching black gamer worn by the former Mets pitching ace during the 2000 season, which was the last time the Mets appeared in the World Series. The jersey shows good use, is properly tagged, and is 100% original and unaltered. The front of the jersey was also autographed nicely by Leiter.

4) 1985 Bill Robinson Game Used Gray Road Jersey - $225 OBO:
Worn throughout the 1985 season by the late former player and popular Mets coach. Jersey is Bill’s original set 1 jersey, shows good use, is properly tagged, and contains a professionally restored back nameplate. Back in ’85, stripping nameplates in order to recycle to the minor leagues was common practice. Rest assured, this restoration was done by the “best in the business” – you will not be able to tell the difference!

TNTtoys
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
2006 Chris Woodward TBTC uniform is sold & paid for (thank you to the buyer!). All other items are still available.

flaco1801
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Just wondering if the grey road Robinson had a New York front?..if it did why would they strip the nameplate, they would also have the strip the New York...

GameUsedGR61
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
just wanted to say that i have done two flawless deals with TNTtoys and he is very helpful

TNTtoys
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Just wondering if the grey road Robinson had a New York front?..if it did why would they strip the nameplate, they would also have the strip the New York...

The gray road Robinson jersey did not have "New York" on the front. The Mets did not start using "New York" again on their road jerseys until 1987; this is a 1985.

From 1979 through 1985, the Mets used nameplates on all of their jerseys, and the homes and roads all had "Mets" on the front. The idea was that they could strip the nameplate off the back and then send the jerseys down to their minor league clubs (most of which were also called "Mets" -- i.e. St. Lucie Mets, Pittsfield Mets, Jackson Mets, etc.). The minor league clubs then wore the jerseys "as is." This practice stopped in 1986, when the Mets won the World Series, and then all jerseys from 1987 and onward had the names affixed right onto the jerseys without nameplates.

flaco1801
10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I wasnt questioning, i wanted to learn something...I know TNT has a good rep and a Mets scholar...i said "if" because i wasnt sure..thanks T

TNTtoys
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM
SOME REDUCED PRICES ON WHAT'S LEFT; NEW ITEMS

1) 2006 Julio Franco Game Used NLCS Batting Helmet – $200 OBO:
Royal blue batting helmet worn by then 48-year old Julio Franco during the last season in which the Mets appeared in the post season. The helmet was collected after the 2006 NLCS and comes with a Mets-Steiner letter of authenticity. Julio autographed the helmet and also inscribed that it was game used during the 2006 NLCS.

2) 2000 Al Leiter Game Used Black Alternate Road Jersey (World Series Year) - $250 OBO:
Eye-catching black gamer worn by the former Mets pitching ace during the 2000 season, which was the last time the Mets appeared in the World Series. The jersey shows good use, is properly tagged, and is 100% original and unaltered. The front of the jersey was also autographed nicely by Leiter.

3) 1985 Bill Robinson Game Used Gray Road Jersey - $200 OBO:
Worn throughout the 1985 season by the late former player and popular Mets coach. Jersey is Bill’s original set 1 jersey, shows good use, is properly tagged, and contains a professionally restored back nameplate. Back in ’85, stripping nameplates in order to recycle to the minor leagues was common practice. Rest assured, this restoration was done by the “best in the business” – you will not be able to tell the difference!

4) 1984 Craig Swan & Wes Gardner Game Used Blue Alternate Road Jersey - $250 OBO:
A beautiful blue gamer in fantastic shape; this would be the last time the Mets wore blue in professional games for nearly 30 seasons.
Worn throughout the first half of the 1984 season by the former pitching ace Craig Swan, and then recycled to pitcher Wes Gardner the same season. The jersey has a "GARDNER" nameplate on the back of the jersey, but underneath, you can still see the stitch holes from where a smaller "SWAN" nameplate existed. A very rare jersey that shows great use and could be attributed to 2 players in the same season.

jscubs1
10-06-2012, 11:41 AM
can you seen me pics of the franco helmet to jscubs1@yahoo.com thanks

TNTtoys
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Robinson and Swan/Gardner jerseys no longer for sale on this forum.