PDA

View Full Version : Flood of old Team Issued Jerseys on eBay

alexbartacustoms
09-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Has anyone else noticed the flood of so-called team issued jerseys on e-Bay?

It seems suspicious to me that all of these old semi-star jerseys have just been sitting around, and all of a sudden put on the market.

And these are older players, so it's not due to the fact that teams switched from Reebok to Nike this year.

Thanks for your input,
Alex

shafrancollectibles.com
09-28-2012, 08:28 PM
I can only speak for the Dallas Cowboys jerseys that we are offering as we just purchased the entire inventory that remained in stock from Steiner Sports and took possession this week. There were some "better" players still in the inventory and they probably had not sold earlier because their retail price was too high. Because of the large deal we made, we have been offering them at lower prices and they are moving briskly. We also adjusted the pricing on the other players as well, and they too are selling well.

If I can assist you in answering any questions specifically on the Cowboys jerseys we have, don't hesitate to contact me. - Brad

BrianK
09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
The ones offered by AM Sports Marketing Group? I've been wondering what's up with these.
http://stores.ebay.com/AM-Sports-Marketing-Group/Football-/_i.html?_fsub=650692017&_sid=948807&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

alexbartacustoms
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
The ones offered by AM Sports Marketing Group? I've been wondering what's up with these.
http://stores.ebay.com/AM-Sports-Marketing-Group/Football-/_i.html?_fsub=650692017&_sid=948807&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Those are the ones that caught my eye too.

alexbartacustoms
09-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I can only speak for the Dallas Cowboys jerseys that we are offering as we just purchased the entire inventory that remained in stock from Steiner Sports and took possession this week. There were some "better" players still in the inventory and they probably had not sold earlier because their retail price was too high. Because of the large deal we made, we have been offering them at lower prices and they are moving briskly. We also adjusted the pricing on the other players as well, and they too are selling well.

If I can assist you in answering any questions specifically on the Cowboys jerseys we have, don't hesitate to contact me. - Brad

Thanks Brad, at least we know these are legit!

trsent
09-29-2012, 02:43 PM
I am the seller of the jerseys someone is questioning if they are legitimate jerseys. 100% guaranteed authentic Reebok pro-cut game cut game issued model jerseys. Please do not try to question if my jerseys are authentic. I have been selling pro-cuts of NFL jerseys for a few years now and they are 100% original authentic Reebok jerseys.

They are being sold exactly how they were made in the Reebok factory. No alterations of any kind. Similar cuts to what the team receives. Often exactly the same cuts.

If you are going to question an item, please have proof to back to up so you do not affect my family business. I do not mind questions but these are original and authentic Reebok game cut jerseys.

gingi79
09-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Not that Joel of all people needs someone to get his back but he has been selling these kinds of authentic jerseys for quite a while. I remember a Tom Brady coming up for discussion on this board so it isn't just semi-stars, he's had the big guns as well.

And that Jerry Rice Broncos is amazing Joel. I've never seen a real one before. I truly wish I had the clams to go after it.

suave1477
09-29-2012, 06:16 PM
TRSENT I think you are being unfair on this. Yes I am speaking up towards you on behalf of the other member.

Whether its you, another member selling items, or Steiner, anyone has the right to be questioned.

TRSENT I did not see your particular auctions on ebay so I am not sure what kind of proof your providing that yours are "issued" "pro-cut" "used" or however you want to word it. But this is partially what the forum is for to learn, educate, and question items.

These are your words "Please do not try to question if my jerseys are authentic."

WHY NOT?

Are the every day collectors to the novice ones just supposed to take your word because you said so. If that was the case then why we anyone need authentication for anything. We should just all go one someones word.

I think its fair for the OP to ask for the forums thoughts and it;s a fair question. If I saw a flood of Jeter Jerseys hit the market im not supposed to question it??? Regardless of who was selling it including Steiner I would question where they all of a sudden all came from.

TRSENT I am not coming at you as an attack just saying this forum was built for people to learn and for you to go on automatic attack of another member doing his homework, isn't fair.

trsent
09-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Jason, thanks for your input and views.

If anyone has any reason to state why my genuine merchandise is not legit please back it up with proof. Otherwise blindly guessing is wrong and ill defend my reputation against any comments questioning legitimate merchandise my company is legitimately selling.

I guess I'm not taking you to dinner and a movie, yet.

metsbats
09-30-2012, 09:29 AM
16. In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

Just a reminder of forum rule #16 pertaining to questioning items. The use of adjective "suspicious" and not providing adequate rationale for why there may be issue is in violation of this rule.

This thread will be closed.