PDA

View Full Version : Best way (and cheapest) to ship hockey stick?

Jeffredsfan
09-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm counting on the forum to lend some advice. I need to ship a game used hockey stick and I need to know what is the best way to package it and what carrier to use. It's being shipped from the USA to Canada.

Suggestions?

rufusandherschel
09-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm counting on the forum to lend some advice. I need to ship a game used hockey stick and I need to know what is the best way to package it and what carrier to use. It's being shipped from the USA to Canada.

Suggestions?

I would suggest UPS. Take it to a UPS Store where they will do the packaging and shipping. They ship international.

kprst6
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
I ship sticks all the time.

You need 1 to 2 rolls of bubble wrap. Wrap it up, tape the seams, and put the shipping label in the blade. USPS will charge $8.00 to ship the stick via priority mail.

Jeffredsfan
09-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I ship sticks all the time.

You need 1 to 2 rolls of bubble wrap. Wrap it up, tape the seams, and put the shipping label in the blade. USPS will charge $8.00 to ship the stick via priority mail.

Thanks for the info. 8.00 to Canada?

ferro39
09-28-2012, 09:07 PM
i doubt that. USPS usually costs $12-15 to ship a stick domestically in the US

plus, with a stick being so long, you might have to actually send it priority, which stands to be considerably more. if the lxwxh is over a certain # of inches, it has to go priority regardless of weight