PDA

View Full Version : Paid and no item !!

baseballfan0721
09-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I paid for an item from a member and got took'n !! Its been a few a month and I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt !! But man what can you do I don't put his name out cause I hate throwing people under the bus but that's sorry !! Has this ever happened to you !!

Preston
09-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Hey Armando - if you got scammed by a board member, as a fellow board member, I would kinda want to know who it is so it protects the rest of us. Not sure how mods feel about "outing" someone, but I personally am all for it because it helps keep the integrity of GUU.

jppopma
09-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Hopefully the other member knows who he or she is and will see this message and make things right before needing to be called out.

Otherwise if the seller will not reply to you or resolve the problem, then I agree to share the name to protect the rest of us. Even after you put the name out there, they can always post their explanation and try to clear their name that way.

spartakid
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Hey Armando - if you got scammed by a board member, as a fellow board member, I would kinda want to know who it is so it protects the rest of us. Not sure how mods feel about "outing" someone, but I personally am all for it because it helps keep the integrity of GUU.

+1

xpress34
09-21-2012, 03:02 PM

+2

slab0meat
09-21-2012, 03:19 PM
+everyone

emann
09-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Agreed, especially if it's been a "few months" since the transaction as stated... I hate seeing posts from buyers in the past over an item a couple weeks lag on an item, but once you pass a month with nothing showing up, it becomes something different.

xpress34
09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Armando -

Just out the $#%^@^* so we can get on with the public ridicule...

:D

35th&Shields
09-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Just a thought! If you do not wish to post the member who took you. Maybe post what the item was so those of us who collect those items or that team can be weary if that items happens to come our way.

Thanks!
Joe

commando
09-21-2012, 04:25 PM
It is a privilege to post in the Classifieds. It should be obvious that if you take someone's money, you're going to get called out for it.

Communication is the key. Sorry, but there is no excuse for not returning emails once you have accepted someone's money.... Things get lost in the mail, sure... But where is the communication?

cohibasmoker
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I paid for an item from a member and got took'n !! Its been a few a month and I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt !! But man what can you do I don't put his name out cause I hate throwing people under the bus but that's sorry !! Has this ever happened to you !!

Seems to me the Seller threw you under the bus by taking your money !!!

If what you say is true, why not post his/her information?

Just an opinion

baseballfan0721
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys I hope he reads this post I will give him a few days to respond to my emails before I put him out on the board . I agree comunication is key I understand stuff happens just let me know whats going on . Heck it could be months just keep me informed you know !

Thanks Guys for having my back !

rufusandherschel
09-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys I hope he reads this post I will give him a few days to respond to my emails before I put him out on the board . I agree comunication is key I understand stuff happens just let me know whats going on . Heck it could be months just keep me informed you know !

Thanks Guys for having my back !

You are extending this individual a courtesy that s/he didn't nor hasn't extended to you!

bigjimsguitars
09-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi Armando:

You are being too kind to the guy/gal and that person must think that you are a push over. Please protect the hobby by naming the person that is doing this to you. At worse, you have exposed him/her. At best, it will force them to come clean.

At this point you having nothing to lose and would even suggest contacting the police, sheriff to protect any legal actions you have...

Jim

trsent
09-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I hate to say it but coming on here and saying someone stiffed you for two months and then protecting their name just leads to speculation and concern by others not to buy from people on here suspicious who you are talking about.

Anyone who calls out a seller on here should mention them by name or don't blindly call out all random sellers. That is not fair to the honest ones.

frikativ54
09-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I hate to say it but coming on here and saying someone stiffed you for two months and then protecting their name just leads to speculation and concern by others not to buy from people on here suspicious who you are talking about.

Anyone who calls out a seller on here should mention them by name or don't blindly call out all random sellers. That is not fair to the honest ones.

+1

baseballfan0721
09-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I have waited long enough I bought a $30.00 Yorvitt bat for Mr. Jacob Morgan . I know it was only 30.00 dollars and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but nothing . At first I sent countless emails, then one day I got one back saying he was sending it during that same email I explained that I would send an extra 10.00 if needed it for shipping and that for me communication is key "JUST KEEP ME INFORMED " I know life issues come up and I am one that truly understands, and then nothing after that and that was a month ago. I really hate putting peoples dirt out there but I have to help protect you and our hobby from getting scammed like I did.
My goal was for him to see the post and at least contact me . I guess that also didnt work.

jppopma
09-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Don't worry about the price of this one item. You can't put a price on PRINCIPLES and that is the major issue here. If he will burn you for $30, he will burn someone else for $300.

Sad to see that these types of emails have to come up as often as they do.

MLB~NUT
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
What a loser!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :(

baseballfan0721
11-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I finally got my item !!