PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis, NFL Auctions Question

Mets05
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
There is a Ray Lewis Authentic Jersey up for auction right now, see link below:

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=193755521&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=194102231

Auction states it is a "46" but listing shows 09-48...does NFL Auctions use stock photos when selling items and that isn't really the jersey you will receive? With this tagging, doesn't it seem this would be a game issued jersey as opposed to a straight authentic?

I don't normally buy NFL stuff so I apologize if this is a stupid question, this would be for a gift...Thanks in advance for any responses.

trsent
09-20-2012, 10:58 AM
At the bottom of the page they give an email address - I would email them and ask your question:

For customer service inquiries, please contact:

nfl.auction@nfl.com

COWBOYS4EVR
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
My Concern Is That It's Missing The "r" On The Nameplate.
Every One They Sell Is Like That. Not Worth The 550 Its At
If Its Not 100% Exact. Imo

legaleagle92481
09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I have bought alot of NFL Auctions stuff, the pictured item is normally what you get. They make errors all the time.

slab0meat
09-20-2012, 02:14 PM
My Concern Is That It's Missing The "r" On The Nameplate.
Every One They Sell Is Like That. Not Worth The 550 Its At
If Its Not 100% Exact. Imo

I tend to agree.. why is there no "R." on the nameplate? Might be an issued jersey because of the size/year tagging, but that jersey just isn't right.

suave1477
09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok am I missing something on this one????

People are wondering if it is game issued or authentic?

Unless the description states game issued or used I would take it for face value and say its probably Authentic if thats what there saying it is.

If for some weird reason NFL Auctions made a mistake are calling it Authentic when it is really Issued. Buy into it as an Authentic with the upside that it could be Issued.

My next question is, is a Ray Lewis Autographed Jersey really were that much??

slab0meat
09-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok am I missing something on this one????

People are wondering if it is game issued or authentic?

Unless the description states game issued or used I would take it for face value and say its probably Authentic if thats what there saying it is.

If for some weird reason NFL Auctions made a mistake are calling it Authentic when it is really Issued. Buy into it as an Authentic with the upside that it could be Issued.

My next question is, is a Ray Lewis Autographed Jersey really were that much??

Have you ever seen a retail authentic with the year/size tagging in neck like that? I haven't.

suave1477
09-21-2012, 10:52 AM
No because I do not follow football items and thats more so my point. As I stated buy into it as an Authentic and if an Issued pops up on your door step, the more the better. But again I dont know what the value of a Ray Lewis autograph is, so to me it seems a bit high anyway.

slab0meat
09-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't know WHAT I'd call it, all I know is it's not 100% correct of anything.

A retail authentic wouldn't have the year/size tagging in the neck. It has sleeves that look like a retail authentic. An issued/worn would have the year/size tagging BUT one would think the name would be CORRECT, reading "R. Lewis" .. and probably have altered sleeves and bottom.

So, if one doesn't care about those technicalities and really wants his autograph, I guess it's worth the auction price. Yuck.

suave1477
09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Ok I got the perfect explanation for this Jersey.

Maybe this was made for Ray but since it was a blunder on the manufacturers behalf of by accident making the Jersey with out the "R". Lewis didnt want to wear it. So now the NFL gets this left over Jersey and knwoing they cant sell it as Game Issued because no one would believe that this Jersey was issued to Ray Lewis knowing it didnt have the R on it they decided to sell it as an Authentic and of course knowing it is still missing the R which would lessen the value of it selling, they asked Ray to Autograph it to help boost its sales.

Just a theory!!:rolleyes:

kmantm64
09-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I have no input into the missing "R", but as far as the authentic vs. game issued, I have bought a few of these jerseys from NFL Auctions and I think the jerseys are actually somewhere in between. These are game jerseys that have all the proper tagging but haven't been tailored for the specific player yet. Specifically, they have the year tagging and the made in Berlin, WI tags, but they haven't been hemmed and/or cut to the player's exact specs yet. Therefore, they are absolutely beyond retail "authentic" jerseys but not technically "game issued." I assume they are all signed at the Ravens' facility and they have plenty of jerseys sitting around ready to go.