PDA

View Full Version : game used question

Mannywood3
09-11-2012, 08:04 PM
HI there I have a quick question this past year i received a pair of game used batting gloves at the 2012 celebrity heroes baseball game and the guy that gave them to me was a kid that got selected to go hit in the home run derby.My question was would it be right to use them even if he does make it big or not?
Thanks

godwulf
09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
HI there I have a quick question this past year i received a pair of game used batting gloves at the 2012 celebrity heroes baseball game and the guy that gave them to me was a kid that got selected to go hit in the home run derby.My question was would it be right to use them even if he does make it big or not?Thanks

My own feeling is that if you end up putting "use" on something like that, which you inevitably will, there would be no way that you could ever legitimately sell them as "game-used" - even though they technically are. You may not be thinking in terms of ever selling the gloves, at this point, but what if the guy goes on to be a major star and you need the money. A prospective buyer is going to assume that the use on the gloves was put there by Player X - not by you.

So, "would it be right to use them"? I'm not really sure what, exactly, you mean by "right" in this context. Would it be smart? No, it would not be, in my opinion, unless you're absolutely sure you will never want to sell them to someone else. Better to just shell out a few bucks for some new ones of your own.