PDA

View Full Version : Nike's NFL uniform collar

jake33
09-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Just curious is anyone is annoyed with what Nike did with several collars for their jerseys. Teams like the Packers didn't change, but I really cannot stand the 2-tone collar. Meaning the collar in color only covers the back half of the collar and it comes to a point halfway around. It almost makes the players look like they are all wearing those out style horse-collars.

Also, I am not a fan that the Bears and Chiefls moved their TV numbers to the sholders. The way the Nike makes their sleeves, they didnt' want to cram sleeve striping and TV numbers on the same spot, so they suggested to the Chiefs and Bears to move the TV numbers. Nice that the Redskins kept theirs in place though.

That really is the only major thing I don't like about the Nike NFL jerseys. Just curious of any other fan like or dislikes after week one.

Mattapan03
09-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree with the collars. They look more like polo shirts and scream college football.

I wasnt a huge fan of that flywire stuff on the front neckline. It looks too "gimmicky"

Overall, Im not a fan of the constriction of the jerseys. When the players sweat it only shows up on certain parts of the jersey's which creates a strange look.

Flamechicken
09-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree on the collars.

I think the Packers are only 1 of 2 teams that requested the "old" style jerseys.

Mike

R_Aaronson
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree with the collars. They look more like polo shirts and scream college football.

I wasnt a huge fan of that flywire stuff on the front neckline. It looks too "gimmicky"

Overall, Im not a fan of the constriction of the jerseys. When the players sweat it only shows up on certain parts of the jersey's which creates a strange look.

+1

I hate the way the different materials show sweat differently which makes the jersey seem 2-tone and inconsistent depending on how much a player sweats. And the collars on those teams that differentiate colors on the back and the front of the collar, they look like collars from a dress shirt from the disco era.

I hope they go back to reebok after this current contract ends.

-Randy

chaidinar
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Also, Nike's new NFL pants don't leave enough to the imagination. :eek:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=383197515083482&set=a.186292018107367.40780.178875988848970&type=3&theater

chaidinar
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Sorry, picture didn't come out.

(Edit feature please)

slambam
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Yea, leave it to Nike to do something stupid to a uniform. That doesn't surprise me.

slab0meat
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Man, that butt-shot was one picture I did not need to see.

Those collars are HORRIBLE.

Shipp_96
09-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, I agree with all the above comments. The collars are just dumb looking. I also loathe the size of the NIKE "swoosh" on the sleeves. On some teams (see Seattle below) it is centered on the shoulders as if it is the team's logo.

Now this just may be me, but I don't recall ever seeing so many letters on name plates dripping off the back or logos hanging off jerseys when Reebok had the license as I have seen already in pre-season and the last weekend.

John in KY
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I agree on the collars.

I think the Packers are only 1 of 2 teams that requested the "old" style jerseys.

Mike

Actually 5 teams stuck with the old uniform templates:

Packers
Eagles
Raiders
Panthers (although the Panthers did a mild update to their logo)
Falcons

A couple of teams stuck with their old metallic fabric pants (Cowboys and Buccaneers), and the Patriots stuck with their old knit collars on the new template jerseys. Evidently there are a couple of jersey templates - most teams with the new ones have the small mesh panel ("sweat box" since it looks different) on the front, but the Patriots and Bengals (and maybe a couple of other teams) have the mesh for the entire lower front of the jersey.

And I don't think anyone wants to see what is shown through the new Nike pants - at least on players who don't wear compression shorts/padding under the pants.:eek: