PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this Tiki jersey?

ruhoos
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Tiki-Barber-Game-Used-Giants-Jersey-Heavy-Use-and-Multiple-repairs-/330790836640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d04ab99a0

Pictures aren't the best, but size I believe it ok (I've seen Tiki gamers everywhere from 46 to 40). Need a white Tiki for my collection so I'm hoping this turns out to be good.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

alexbartacustoms
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I've been watching this jersey as well.
I can't seem to photo match it yet.
The patch seems to be the kicker for me.
I found a few games with this style of patch, but they were all road games, and the jersey was stained with mud and grass stains.

Even if it got washed, there would be some sign of the stains. It just looks too clean.
I'd love to black light test this jersey to see if any stains show back up, but I'm not willing to roll the dice on this one.

I hate when a seller uses blurry photos. An authentic Tiki barber jersey could fetch close to $1,000. If I was selling an authentic game-worn jersey, I'd use crystal clear photos so it would fetch as much money as it could.

Also, the "repair" photos are so close up that you can't identify where they appear on the jersey making photo matching impossible.

The seller is selling 4 jerseys, but only 1 has any kind of COA.
If you can get it cheap, it might make a nice display piece with authentic upside if you can photo match it.

Good Luck,
Alex

ruhoos
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
sigh...Well I appreciate the thoughts and was having the same kind of reservations with it as well.

The other thing is look at the numbers on the reverse - it appears they may be coming off?

I'm still debating on rolling the dice though...I can always return it.

Mulligans
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
If you can get some better photos of the Jersey for comparison it may help. Here are a few images that I had laying around.....I'm not sure if all the Barber's have this extra length, but I have seen quite a few with the rounded name plate.