PDA

View Full Version : HOF bound? Ogletree jersey

Jeffredsfan
09-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Geez, a guy has a decent game and his 150.00 jersey sky rockets to 750.00! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kevin-Ogletree-Dallas-Cowboys-GAME-USED-Jersey-/251147463438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a798e2b0e

suave1477
09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Here is some food for thought. I am just playing devils advocate. I am not saying if this Jersey is fake or real.

Just saying do your homework first.

The seller says he bought the Jersey directly from the Cowboys. Is he meaning he has a personal source or that they were selling Jerseys in there team shop. If so, wouldnt the Cowboys provide some kind of LOA?

Now the kicker............ Steiner partnered with the Cowboys in late 2008. So since this is a 2009 Jersey, wouldn't this supposed to have gone through Steiner not the Cowboys?

Again this is just food for thought!!

But I like at the end of his description how he says if you look closely you can see this Jersey didnt come off the shelf
(Jokingly - So what are you saying you put it on rolled around on the floor and now it has use? lol lol:D)

legaleagle92481
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Steiner's team deals usually don't cover every player. They didn't have Ware and Witten when they had the Cowboys deal and for years they didn't have CC or Cano with the Yanks deal.

ivo610
09-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Steiner's team deals usually don't cover every player. They didn't have Ware and Witten when they had the Cowboys deal and for years they didn't have CC or Cano with the Yanks deal.

Both Witten and Ware have been offered through them for several years, I have bought 2 Wares from them.

hfd0035
09-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Both Witten and Ware have been offered through them for several years, I have bought 2 Wares from them.

Looks like we can get a Ware pre sale with All Pro Classics for the low price of $6000. I would rather have a used Jeep Wrangler or 4 wheeler though.....:rolleyes:

legaleagle92481
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Only one throwback a year they got of each. I have old emails from Effrain Reyes about it. I had inquired about a nonthrowback Ware and they said they don't get those.

ivo610
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Looks like we can get a Ware pre sale with All Pro Classics for the low price of $6000. I would rather have a used Jeep Wrangler or 4 wheeler though.....:rolleyes:

I dont know about doing presales from an unestablished company... Makes me little leery until they are established.

ivo610
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Only one throwback a year they got of each. I have old emails from Effrain Reyes about it. I had inquired about a nonthrowback Ware and they said they don't get those.

Correct they sold the throwbacks every year of Witten and Ware.

suave1477
09-10-2012, 09:03 AM

I apologize a head of time but I am a bit confused with this statement. Also please excuse if I sound sarcastic I am not trying to come off that way but some of your statements contradict themselves and I am trying to understand what you mean.

Steiners team deals dont cover every player? Um I thought thats why its called a team deal as in "Team". Now if you are referring to players going out of there way to do what they want with there items thats other difference.

They didnt have Ware or Witten when Steiner had the team deal? The team deal was confirmed at the end of 2008 the Ware Jersey is from 2009 am I missing something? As far as Witten I have no idea I do not follow football I am only speaking of the Jersey at hand.

I can say as far as Steiner / Yanks they have had plenty of Canos since Cano has been on the team. I been offered a few of his Jerseys from his start. I can't speak for CC as I have not followed there inventory lists for his stuff as I have no interest in CC

legaleagle92481
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I apologize a head of time but I am a bit confused with this statement. Also please excuse if I sound sarcastic I am not trying to come off that way but some of your statements contradict themselves and I am trying to understand what you mean.

Steiners team deals dont cover every player? Um I thought thats why its called a team deal as in "Team". Now if you are referring to players going out of there way to do what they want with there items thats other difference.

They didnt have Ware or Witten when Steiner had the team deal? The team deal was confirmed at the end of 2008 the Ware Jersey is from 2009 am I missing something? As far as Witten I have no idea I do not follow football I am only speaking of the Jersey at hand.

I can say as far as Steiner / Yanks they have had plenty of Canos since Cano has been on the team. I been offered a few of his Jerseys from his start. I can't speak for CC as I have not followed there inventory lists for his stuff as I have no interest in CC

For whatever reason Steiner's team deals did not include the whole team. I don't know if other deals are similar. I can only speak from 2010 forward on the Cowboys but I was told that regular home and road Witten and Ware jerseys were not available through Steiner during that time. Steiner received a set of throwback jerseys each year that included the entire team including Ware and Witten. With the Yankees I inquired in the summer of 2010 about purchasing several player's jerseys including Cano, CC and Posada. Steiner told me that these players were NOT part of the team deal but that they received one pinstripe and one grey jersey each year for every player on the team. They received many jerseys of each type of team deal players.Starting last year Cano and CC became part of their deal and many jerseys for each are available on Steiner's website.

suave1477
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
For whatever reason Steiner's team deals did not include the whole team. I don't know if other deals are similar. I can only speak from 2010 forward on the Cowboys but I was told that regular home and road Witten and Ware jerseys were not available through Steiner during that time. Steiner received a set of throwback jerseys each year that included the entire team including Ware and Witten. With the Yankees I inquired in the summer of 2010 about purchasing several player's jerseys including Cano, CC and Posada. Steiner told me that these players were NOT part of the team deal but that they received one pinstripe and one grey jersey each year for every player on the team. They received many jerseys of each type of team deal players.Starting last year Cano and CC became part of their deal and many jerseys for each are available on Steiner's website.

I am not sure and cannot speak for the Cowboys deal but I have never heard of anything like that for the Yankees deal.

I have personally owned about 5 Game Used Posada Jerseys that came from Steiner, several pairs of his pants, and as I am sure you are aware his bats have been available.
I remember at one point they had a Posada helmet for sale but it was too high for my pockets. The one thing I can tell you Posada for the most part has always kept was the actual catchers gear. Example - Chest protector, shin guards, facemask.
I have not owned a Cano Jersey and nor have I wanted too but I do seem to remember seeing a few of them being offered through Steiner. CC I cannot speak of as I have never paid attention to his stuff.

I am not sure who you spoke with or maybe it was a miscommunication between the rep.

But Steiner for the most part gets all the Yankee players stuff unless the player himself decides on his own he wants to keep it and take it home with him.

suave1477
09-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Also just to add I did a quick Google search for Cano game used jerseys and I am sure I could find more if I dug a little deeper. But I found roughly about 5 or 6 that came from Steiner dating back to 2006. Cano started in 2005.

Currently being offered is a Road Jersey on Steiners website from 2012 and a Home Jersey from 2012 on Grey Flannels website with Steiner LOA.

Hope this helps your search!!