PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

STLFan2003
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
I have a few questions about memorabilia collecting and buying on ebay. Are there any dealers that sell fake memorabilia but do a very good job. I was wondering if this jersey was real: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eli-Marrero-2003-Cardinals-game-used-road-njersey_W0QQitemZ220038981423QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60 597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and I was also wondering who are your favorites on ebay?

chipperJ1979
10-21-2006, 11:25 PM
I just signed up tonight and the first thread I went to was about a guy who bought a supposedly game used Jose Canseco bat, only to find it was game issued only. The seller than changed the appearance of the bat to make it look game used, so yes, there are some good frauders out there. You have to research carefully. Check the 2003 Cards jerseys and make sure there weren't any special patches that year. If it comes with a COA, it may be safe but even those can be faked. Also, feedback can be midleading. If a seller is good at faking items, others can be fooled as well. So research!!! Good luck!

kylehess10
10-21-2006, 11:30 PM
I have a few questions about memorabilia collecting and buying on ebay. Are there any dealers that sell fake memorabilia but do a very good job. I was wondering if this jersey was real: http://cgi.ebay.com/Eli-Marrero-2003-Cardinals-game-used-road-njersey_W0QQitemZ220038981423QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60 597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and I was also wondering who are your favorites on ebay?

I've heard of Ball Park Heroes before (the seller of the auction). They have a pretty big list of game used on their site (www.ballparkheroes.net (http://www.ballparkheroes.net)). And my most favorite on eBay would have to be Elite Sports Marketing. I've gotten some pretty good deals from them.

GrndSlm
10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I highly recommend Ball Park Heroes....I have been doing business with them for over 12 years and never had a problem. You can totally trust Kim and David. !!!

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

TNTtoys
10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I have dealt with the brothers at Ballpark Heroes on a number of occasions here and so have many of the other members. They are stand-up guys and I have personally never heard their names and the word 'fake' in the same sentence. If they are selling it, I would be very comfortable that it is the real thing.

ahuff
10-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Kudos on asking questions before bidding. In hindsight, there have been several times I've wished I had such patience and/or common-sense.

Ball Park Heroes is great. I've purchased quite a few items from them, over the years. Never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I did purchase a jersey that I later figured out was not "game worn" but simply a "team issued" jersey. After proving my point with box scores and dates the team wore the jersey, they refunded my money quickly. This was great considering it was years after I made the purchase. Top notch all the way.

bigtime59
10-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I have also had several transactions with BPH, all without a hitch.

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

STLFan2003
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
thanks for the responses. I've heard of ESM and ASI most of their stuff seems to be New York. What do you guys think of "gameusedkid" on ebay. I dont see a reason for any problems with them, but I just wanted to check

geoff
10-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Game used kid i have dealt with without a problem.I won a Soriano game used bat a few months ago on ebay from them.Fast shipping on the bat.Thanks Geoff

earlywynnfan
10-23-2006, 09:41 AM
BPHeroes is as good as they come; that's one place where i'd feel totally comfortable buying something sight-unseen.

As for "gameusedkid", Ron sells great stuff, never seen a problem with his material, but he was busted for shill bidding recently and has caught a lot of flak for it.

If you're looking for bats, of course jtbats is fantastic, and so is zanebats, although when zane says a bat shows very light use, he means absolutely none!

Ken

REDS1999
10-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I would like to add that Art at Leftfield Collectibles is also top notch. I have recently purchased several bats from him and have been extremely happy. Art and John are a pleasure to deal with on the phone and are very informative regarding your possible purchase.

Greg

tidehoops
10-23-2006, 08:32 PM
ballpark heroes is one of the best if not the best.

kylehess10
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
What do you guys think of "gameusedkid" on ebay. I dont see a reason for any problems with them, but I just wanted to check

I just bought my first item from California Sports Investments (gameusedkid) and I am very pleased. I purchased a pair of game worn batting gloves and they were shipped very well protected and I got them in just 3 days (CA to GA). Plus the LOA tells how the batting gloves were originally aquired.

geoff
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
What Batting Gloves did you get if you don't mind me asking and thats cool you are happy with the purchase.Geoff

kylehess10
11-02-2006, 11:50 PM
What Batting Gloves did you get if you don't mind me asking and thats cool you are happy with the purchase.Geoff

I purhcased a pair of Neifi Perez 2001 batting gloves loaded with pine tar and the thumb was cut out (custom) and it was only $10 so I just had to get it