PDA

View Full Version : team names

momen55
08-25-2012, 11:59 AM
why do the rockies and rangers have their state name on the HOME jerseys? does anyone know. personally, they look like crap. oh, marlins are like that as well, with miami.

godwulf
08-25-2012, 03:15 PM
why do the rockies and rangers have their state name on the HOME jerseys? does anyone know. personally, they look like crap. oh, marlins are like that as well, with miami.

Why? Is it traditional to have the team name on the home jersey and the state or city name on the road version? If that's the case, I must confess to having never noticed, and I doubt that too many people think it's very important, these days. Whichever is used, as long as it's an attractive design and it's spelled correctely, who really cares?

joelsabi
08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Why? Is it traditional to have the team name on the home jersey and the state or city name on the road version? If that's the case, I must confess to having never noticed, and I doubt that too many people think it's very important, these days. Whichever is used, as long as it's an attractive design and it's spelled correctely, who really cares?

teams wants the home team to know where they come from rather than the nickname of the team. we assume the homer fans know what city/state they are at and are marketing their nickname to its fans instead. i know that this rules has been violated many times however but that seems to be the general rule especially when there are alternate jerseys.