PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Feel sorry for this guy.....

34swtns
08-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Some poor unknowing schmuck thought he won an actual Ronde Barber game jersey from the Bucs and the Florida Lottery and he even paid the winnings tax on a jersey that was valued by the team at $700. As any of us can tell, what he won was simply a retail authentic jersey signed by Ronde.
Now he's trying to unload it on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RHONDE-BARBER-JERSEY-TAMPA-BAY-BUCS-GAME-WORN-COA-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/180952516003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a219c45a3

jake33
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I emailed him about it, telling him all the flaws and why it wasn't game worn.

His response. " The certificate of authenticity states game worn, so I am leaving the auction the way it is."

Auctions like this, really put a black eye on the hobby as a whole.

BrianK
08-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I blame the Bucs more then the ebay seller. If I was the seller, I'd contact the Bucs through the information provided on the certificate and ask them to make it right. He should get something better than this.

woody1351
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
or does he know what hes doing and has the real jersey in a frame in his basement.

camarokids
08-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Please explain for the unknowing what is wrong with the jersey and what the real deal would have versus the item in question. Thanks.

Mattapan03
08-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Please explain for the unknowing what is wrong with the jersey and what the real deal would have versus the item in question. Thanks.

The jersey shown is one youd pick up in a store

camarokids
08-20-2012, 12:50 PM
The jersey shown is one youd pick up in a store

Gee Matt, thanks for the in-depth analysis :rolleyes:.

Jake,
Please explain what a real gamer would have that the retail jersey doesn't and vice versa.

jake33
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
To be somewhat brief,

tagging is incorrect - bottom tag, inside collar tagging
sizing is incorrect - barber wears between a size 40 and 42
sleeves are incorrect - his gmae is not made of the same material
cut of the jersey - The cut does not have the curved up spandex like the denver broncos have. The Bucs gamers have the similar spandex

Mulligans
08-20-2012, 12:58 PM
When I originally saw it, I just assumed that it was a Retail Jersey that the player wore at some time? The lottery and the team seemed to go out of their way to describe the Jersey as a "Players jersey" or a "player worn jersey", but nowhere did they say "Game worn Jersey" as most would describe it? It just seemed to be a bit odd to use the language that they were using??

legaleagle92481
08-21-2012, 10:47 PM
this whole thing sounds fishy. anyone live in florida? since when did teams get involved in lottery? even a gamer of barber's is worth around a grand, very low prize for a lottery item.

trsent
08-21-2012, 11:52 PM
this whole thing sounds fishy. anyone live in florida? since when did teams get involved in lottery? even a gamer of barber's is worth around a grand, very low prize for a lottery item.

Right from here in Illinois:

Nothing fishy about it, really. Many teams are working with local state lotteries.