PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols MLB Home Run Baseball

LIMATIME
08-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Has anyone ever come across an Albert Pujols MLB Authenticated home run baseball? If so, please let me know how to obtain one and a fair market price to pay. Thank you, Jeffrey.

jetersbatboy
08-19-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Albert-Pujols-Game-Used-Actual-461st-Home-Run-Baseball-Comerica-Park-7-17-12-MLB-/221080595698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33796e2cf2#ht_500wt_922

Here's a MLB authenticated HR baseball. Now as for fair market value, I would pay this price.

Rob L
08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Albert-Pujols-Game-Used-Actual-461st-Home-Run-Baseball-Comerica-Park-7-17-12-MLB-/221080595698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33796e2cf2#ht_500wt_922

Here's a MLB authenticated HR baseball. Now as for fair market value, I would pay this price.

LOL:D

jetersbatboy
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
LOL:D

;)

LIMATIME
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Thank you for your reply. $13k is more than I have to spend right now. If anyone finds one under the 10K range please let me know. Thanks again for your assistance.

jetersbatboy
08-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Thank you for your reply. $13k is more than I have to spend right now. If anyone finds one under the 10K range please let me know. Thanks again for your assistance.

If your really interested in the ball contact the seller. I pretty sure you can work something out. I have dealt with him once before, and he seem to be willing to try and deal.

LIMATIME
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Thank you for the information. I will shoot him an email right now.

frikativ54
08-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the information. I will shoot him an email right now.

Good luck, man. :)

marino13
08-19-2012, 11:13 PM
No GENERIC HR baseball should worth more than $5k - unless it was a milestone HR of course.

With the $13K asking - I would get a JETER Gamers set (jersey and bat) for that amount!

Or I can get more than one set of the Up and coming - Trout. Or even a lot more if I get GRANDERSON.

xpress34
08-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Items like this have me scratching my head as to the $$$.

Seriously $13k+ asking price for HR ball that isn't even a Historic HR?

If you have any interest I have a ONE of a KIND GU (Event Used is more acurate) Pujols AU Home Plate from his one and only appearance at the Big League Challenge 2003 that use to be held every January/February at Cashman Field in Las Vegas. On-Line Authentics certified.

I'd make you a HELL of a lot better deal than $13k...

- Smitty

slam
08-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Limatime, please contact me slam_126@yahoo.com

LIMATIME
08-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys for all the info.

legaleagle92481
08-21-2012, 10:40 PM
No GENERIC HR baseball should worth more than $5k - unless it was a milestone HR of course.

With the $13K asking - I would get a JETER Gamers set (jersey and bat) for that amount!

Or I can get more than one set of the Up and coming - Trout. Or even a lot more if I get GRANDERSON.

steiners site is filled with jeter stuff so thats far from rare. when was the last time you saw a pujols homer ball? the price is insane but my point is you cant compare jerseys and bats of modern players to homer balls.

marino13
08-21-2012, 11:20 PM
steiners site is filled with jeter stuff so thats far from rare. when was the last time you saw a pujols homer ball? the price is insane but my point is you cant compare jerseys and bats of modern players to homer balls.

It might be true that there arent much authenticated HR baseballs out there, but come on $13K? even if it was Pujols' HR. For this amount, I could have picked up TWO (2) Jeter's jersey when he hit a HR in it.

I thought I was nuts when I sent an offer for a Trout's HR for $1500, but a fellow member on here, picked it for $2k. Now I see a couple of Trout's HR baseball going for less then $1k.

I dont think, supply and demand applies here. Just because there is very little "HR baseball" out there, it doesnt mean that a collector willing to drop a lot of ducats for it when he can pick up multiple items for his collection.

jetersbatboy
08-21-2012, 11:33 PM
I Now I see a couple of Trout's HR baseball going for less then $1k.

Where are these $1k Trout HR baseballs???

pujolsisdaman
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I love the excitement over my Home Run Baseball. Keep on chatting about it!

Cheers to All!

SASESS

ALWAYS BUYING HIT BALLS!!!!!

legaleagle92481
08-22-2012, 01:05 AM
It might be true that there arent much authenticated HR baseballs out there, but come on $13K? even if it was Pujols' HR. For this amount, I could have picked up TWO (2) Jeter's jersey when he hit a HR in it.

I thought I was nuts when I sent an offer for a Trout's HR for $1500, but a fellow member on here, picked it for $2k. Now I see a couple of Trout's HR baseball going for less then $1k.

I dont think, supply and demand applies here. Just because there is very little "HR baseball" out there, it doesnt mean that a collector willing to drop a lot of ducats for it when he can pick up multiple items for his collection.

It depends on what one collects and why. If your collecting to resell in the relative shortterm to recoup your investment or for a profit I think a HR baseball or a like hard to find item is a better investment then a jersey of an active player. Active player jerseys in most cases are available anyday of the week directly through a team or a middle man like Steiner. why would someone pay you a premium or close to what you paid for a jersey when they can order one of the same player directly from the middleman or the team for that price or a price close to it? There are some exceptions. If a guy comes out of nowhere and demand and prices skyrocket like a Victor Cruz in the nfl last year but generally that doesn't happen. For a Pujols fan this may be his only chance to get a hr baseball so i could see someone paying a premium for it.

marino13
08-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Where are these $1k Trout HR baseballs???

One was sold by a member on here and I think it was sold for about $1k or so.

marino13
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
It depends on what one collects and why. If your collecting to resell in the relative shortterm to recoup your investment or for a profit I think a HR baseball or a like hard to find item is a better investment then a jersey of an active player. Active player jerseys in most cases are available anyday of the week directly through a team or a middle man like Steiner. why would someone pay you a premium or close to what you paid for a jersey when they can order one of the same player directly from the middleman or the team for that price or a price close to it? There are some exceptions. If a guy comes out of nowhere and demand and prices skyrocket like a Victor Cruz in the nfl last year but generally that doesn't happen. For a Pujols fan this may be his only chance to get a hr baseball so i could see someone paying a premium for it.

And when he does, there will be a thread for it. :D

If it was reasonable at $13K, it would have been "flipped" a couple of times on here already, dont you think? If it was priced like $3K or $4k, someone would have jumped at it.

marino13
08-22-2012, 07:27 AM
and talking about TROUT, if the "CHINA" wasnt on this HR GU baseball, I would have jumped into the bidding war.

But "China" stopped me. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-Mike-Trout-game-used-HOMERUN-BALL-2-Baseball-2011-W-DATE-/280941385875?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4169695893

spartanservitto
08-22-2012, 08:26 AM
As soon as I saw that ball stay in the bullpen , I knew this thread was coming. Is this the first MLB authenticated home run ball?

-Tony

frikativ54
08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
As soon as I saw that ball stay in the bullpen , I knew this thread was coming. Is this the first MLB authenticated home run ball?

-Tony

I've seen a couple of MLB authenticated Pujols homer balls. This one and one from Astros Authentics, the latter of which sold for $1,000 on eBay a year ago.

astros5.7
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
The one from Astros Authentics that was on Ebay last year sold off Ebay for $2,500, and it was sold within a day of listing it.

frikativ54
08-22-2012, 01:26 PM
The one from Astros Authentics that was on Ebay last year sold off Ebay for $2,500, and it was sold within a day of listing it.

Okay. Maybe I, to quote Roger Clements, "misremembered." :p

frikativ54
08-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Okay. Maybe I, to quote Roger Clements, "misremembered." :p

Should say "Clemens." Didn't catch the typo...

sox83cubs84
08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
and talking about TROUT, if the "CHINA" wasnt on this HR GU baseball, I would have jumped into the bidding war.

But "China" stopped me. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-Mike-Trout-game-used-HOMERUN-BALL-2-Baseball-2011-W-DATE-/280941385875?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4169695893

The "CHINA" notation is because the ball was from a Double-A Minor League game (Arkansas Travelers), as was stated in the description.

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
And when he does, there will be a thread for it. :D

If it was reasonable at $13K, it would have been "flipped" a couple of times on here already, dont you think? If it was priced like $3K or $4k, someone would have jumped at it.

I'm not saying its reasonable. I'm just saying I could see someone paying it. Pujols game used stuff is super rare. Very few jerseys have hit the market of his even. Plus other than possibly Jeter, Pujols is the greatest player of this generation and having a home run ball from him would be like having a ball that Jerry Rice caught for a touchdown or a puck Wayne Gretzky scored a goal with. Due to the unpredictable nature of where home run balls land it is also unlikely that a slew of them will ever hit the market with MLB Authentication so there are not many opportunities for the well heeled Pujols collector to obtain one.

pujolsisdaman
09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Price will be dropped tomorrow on Ebay.

joelsabi
09-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Price will be dropped tomorrow on Ebay.

hi there. i sent you a trade proposal for another item you own thru ebay message. thanks for a reply in advance if you are its owner.

frikativ54
09-01-2012, 12:19 PM
If someone is willing to pay over $7,500 for an out ball (http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=191718417&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=192065127) in Felix Hernandez's perfect game, why not double that for a home run ball from one of the greatest players of our time?

joelsabi
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
If someone is willing to pay over $7,500 for an out ball (http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=191718417&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=192065127) in Felix Hernandez's perfect game, why not double that for a home run ball from one of the greatest players of our time?

simple rarity. the total number of baseballs pitched during one of the rarest achievement in baseball history. the number of baseballs from all the perfect games in baseball history combined is less than the number of career homeruns hit by pujols and this homerun has no historical significance as a perfect game.

TJordan522
09-04-2012, 08:33 AM

The price of stuff sold in MLB Auctions seems to be very inflated over the true market value.

For example, MLB Auctions sold two Halladay balls from his playoff no-hitter. One went in the $6,000 range and another eclipsed $7,000. Meanwhile, I have an MLB authenticated out ball from that game (thrown by Halladay) that I couldn't sell for $4,000.

erstad-collector
09-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Here is how I got a Pujols HR ball. I bought a 20-game mini plan at Angel Stadium in left field hoping to catch a Pujols or Trumbo HR this year.

My seats were in varying locations in left field and a few games in right. They were in sec 102, row Z on Memorial day when Trumbo hit a walkoff HR to them but I had sold them to stay home and bbq with the family :(

On August 14th, my seats were in sec. 103, row S. The seats were in foul territory, even though I requested all fair territory seating. I was sitting towards the top of the aisle when Pujols hit career home run number 471 (his 26th of the season). It bounced back towards our section after wrapping around the foul pole and right into some guys hands.

I told my buddy, I wish I had $100 to offer the guy for the ball. He said "I do", so he gave me a $100 bill to use. I went down to the guy that caught the ball and asked if he wanted to sell it. At first, he said "not really" but when I said I would give him $100 cash and showed him the bill he said "sure". His wife or girlfriend questioned his decision but he was quite happy to get $100 for it. It worked out well for both of us. I now have a Pujols HR ball for my game-used collection and he got $100 cash.

I've been quite fortunate with the Pujols items I have in my collection. I also have a Pujols sweet spot autographed baseball with a certificate from the Angels that I got for $40. They did a charity mystery bag event where you would get an autographed baseball for $40. The three I bought contained Jered Weaver, Mark Trumbo, and Albert Pujols.

gnishiyama
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
These threads are getting redundant. Bottom line is people can ask
and pay whatever they want. Too many people buzzing about
something being too expensive and sellers asking for too much.

$13K is nothing for someone with deep pockets. Get two extremely
wealthy collectors at a high end charity event wanting to add an
extremely rare item from one of the best hitters of all time and
feed their ego at the same time and you may get very well north of that.
The value is subjective.

Many collectors bid higher on MLB auctions become they get into
a bidding frenzy and/or they just want something directly from the team.
For example I ask less than 10K for an Ichiro game used jerseys even
though its signed and inscribed GU and comes with a letter signed by Ichiro.
My customers will pass my on my jersey but will bid way above 10K
on an unsigned one on MLB auctions. You can probably compare with
buying a Rolex on the gray market that has all the paperwork to
buying one from a certified dealer with the same paperwork for much more.
The educated buyer may scoff at the CD's prices but to some a peace
of mind is more important than saving a few bucks. Our hobby has such
a black eye that even my friends who are not in the hobby know most of
the stuff our there is fake.

As for the $100 Pujols HR ball. That is awesome for you but it's worth a lot more to you than it is to anybody else without solid paperwork. There's
no comparison between yours and the one authenticated by MLB.

marino13
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
These threads are getting redundant. Bottom line is people can ask
and pay whatever they want. Too many people buzzing about
something being too expensive and sellers asking for too much.

$13K is nothing for someone with deep pockets. Get two extremely
wealthy collectors at a high end charity event wanting to add an
extremely rare item from one of the best hitters of all time and
feed their ego at the same time and you may get very well north of that.
The value is subjective.

Many collectors bid higher on MLB auctions become they get into
a bidding frenzy and/or they just want something directly from the team.
For example I ask less than 10K for an Ichiro game used jerseys even
though its signed and inscribed GU and comes with a letter signed by Ichiro.
My customers will pass my on my jersey but will bid way above 10K
on an unsigned one on MLB auctions. You can probably compare with
buying a Rolex on the gray market that has all the paperwork to
buying one from a certified dealer with the same paperwork for much more.
The educated buyer may scoff at the CD's prices but to some a peace
of mind is more important than saving a few bucks. Our hobby has such
a black eye that even my friends who are not in the hobby know most of
the stuff our there is fake.

As for the $100 Pujols HR ball. That is awesome for you but it's worth a lot more to you than it is to anybody else without solid paperwork. There's
no comparison between yours and the one authenticated by MLB.

Nice story and that's that.

I got like SIX Yankees HR baseballs - and that is that (blurred video at best)

I got one opponent HR (Adrien Beltre) - I got a video proof (nice and clear)

jbean023
07-03-2013, 07:42 PM
I want a Trout HR Ball and a Puig HR Ball!!

Enyouartist
07-04-2013, 11:32 AM
How about this one? Not the homerun ball, but one of two baseballs used in the at bat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bryce-Harper-Game-Used-MLB-Baseball-From-Harpers-NL-RECORD-HOMERUN-22-AT-BAT-/171036520325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d2922f85