PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale Find, Need D-Backs Experts Please!

Insomniac186
08-19-2012, 01:47 AM
This morning as I was preparing to leave my house, I noticed that the neighbors across the street were having a garage sale. Nothing caught my eye when I glanced over. I returned to my house to grab something that I forgot and just as I was about to leave again, I looked back at the garage sale and suddenly I noticed this! A D-Backs jersey with "Hicks #13" on the back. I was told by the lady who lives there that she won it from the company she works for a few years ago It included the jersey and pants, plus team-issued socks and belt. The price: $40! I quickly ran back into my house to see who "Hicks" is, but I can't find anything. It's a Majestic jersey that has the 0062 wash tag. The pants have the name inside, and "04" at the end which I'm pretty sure is the year but I'm not 100% sure. Problem is that in 2004, two people wore #13; Jeff Faserro and coach Mark Davis. Does anyone know who this "Hicks" person is? More importantly, is it legit? Maybe it was customized for a team employee, or the person that won it? I'm not sure what my neighbors' last name is, but I'm certain it's not Hicks. I would greatly appreciate any help!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/insomniac186/dbackshicksuni.jpg

camarokids
08-20-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/search.asp

Above is a list of all the Hicks in MILB & MLB. Plus players drafted but did not play in MILB. Some only played in college and the Independant League.

It appears your jersey was made for an employee/executive or a fan/person.

Insomniac186
08-20-2012, 01:41 PM
That's what I figured, thanks for the help!

camarokids
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Still a nice pick up for $40.

You could do a legal name change and change your last name to Hicks ;)......

chakes89
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Another possibility is that was a jersey of a coach or roving instructor

Jags Fan Dan
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Another possibility is that was a jersey of a coach or roving instructor
I just can't imagine them stitching the name into pants for a fan or emloyee...A coach or instructor seems more likely to me.

Jags Fan Dan
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Just found this, looks like this guy was a big wig for a company that worked with the Diamonbacks, if you read at the very bottom...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bill+Hicks+Joins+Ultimate+Software+as+CIO.-a0131533019

Insomniac186
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Interesting! Thanks for all the help guys!

NFLELCollector
08-21-2012, 03:40 PM
The 1st Thing i thought of when i saw this Uniform was FANTASY CAMP!
As a Reward for all his Software Hardwork The DBacks sent Mr. Hicks to Fantasy Camp. As a few forum member could probably confirm-They really go all out on the Uniforms for Fantasy Campers, which would include having your Name Stitched into the waistband of your Pants (Just like the Big League Guys)! Great Pick Up as they no longer wear that Style or Colors.

hdavid_27
08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
My last name is Hicks.... If you decide to sell this I may be interested. Let me know. Thanks, David Hicks