PDA

View Full Version : Reds!!

jbean023
08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know the GU contact for the Reds?

Thanks

Email is jbean_15@hotmail.com

rdeversole
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Jon Cline - jcline@reds.com.

Also - there's a few threads in the "Exceptionally Educational" forum on team contact information.

jbsportstuff
08-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Jon Cline - jcline@reds.com.

Also - there's a few threads in the "Exceptionally Educational" forum on team contact information.
Jon had a nice interview in the Reds Live show last night.

camarokids
08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
The freaking prices they want are ridiculous!

Recent email about bat prices:

PLAYER
AUTHENTICATION
NOTES
DETAILS
PRICE
BRUCE, JAY
FJ161741
JULY 5 AT SD
PERFECT; BREAK BARELY NOTICABLE; SEVERAL BARREL MARKS
$ 300.00
BRUCE, JAY
FJ596313
JUNE 19 AT CLE
VERY NICE BARREL DETAIL, GOOD OVERALL CRACK; SOLID HANDLE DETAIL
$ 300.00
VOTTO, JOEY
FJ612280
JULY 3 AT LAD
HIGH HANDLE BREAK; DETATCHED WOOD; EXCELLENT BARREL DAMAGE; DEAD WOOD
$ 700.00
VOTTO, JOEY
FJ161766
JULY 7 AT SD
PERFECT; TINY CRACK; EXCELLENT BARREL DETAIL EVERYTHING YOU WOULD WANT IN A VOTTO BAT
$ 800.00
VOTTO, JOEY
FJ596312
JUNE 19 AT CLE
HIGH HANDLE BREAK; DETATCHED WOOD; HAMMERED BARREL; NICE HANDLE DETAIL
$ 700.00
PHILLIPS, BRANDON
FJ612264
JULY 3 AT LAD
VERY HIGH TAR; GOOD OVERALL USE; LOWER HANDLE BREAK THAT EXTENDEDS UP TO LOUISVILLE SLUGGER LABEL
$ 400.00
FRAZIER, TODD
FJ596330
JUNE 20 AT CLE
LONG HANDLE BREAK, EXCELLENT PINE TAR
$ 250.00
COZART, ZACK
EK044113
JUNE 15 AT NYM
LS M9, LONG MAPLE BREAK PAST LOUISVILLE SLUGGER LABEL, ONE SOLID PIECE, VERY NICE BARREL DETAIL; COZART HAD TWO HITS
$ 300.00
LUDWICK, RYAN
FJ614669
JUNE 27 VS MIL
BLONDE MARUCCI; EXCELLENT CONDITION FOR THE MAPLE MARUCCI BATS; NICE HANDLE DETAIL, SLIGHT LOWER HANDLE CRACK; NICE BARREL USE; MODEL BH318
$ 300.00
LUDWICK, RYAN
FJ161747
JULY 6 AT SD
BLONDE MARUCCI; MULTI-PIECE BREAK; BREAK SPLIT ALL THE WAY UP THE BARREL; NICE HANDLE DETAIL; SOLID OVERALL USE; MODEL MR24
$ 200.00

camarokids
08-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Not sure why it will not let me post in the original format that was emailed to me???? this is easier to read ....

player
authentication
notes
details
price

Bruce, Jay
Fj161741
July 5 At Sd
Perfect; Break Barely Noticable; Several Barrel Marks
$ 300.00

Bruce, Jay
Fj596313
June 19 At Cle
Very Nice Barrel Detail, Good Overall Crack; Solid Handle Detail
$ 300.00

Votto, Joey
Fj612280
July 3 At Lad
High Handle Break; Detatched Wood; Excellent Barrel Damage; Dead Wood
$ 700.00

Votto, Joey
Fj161766
July 7 At Sd
Perfect; Tiny Crack; Excellent Barrel Detail Everything You Would Want In A Votto Bat
$ 800.00

Votto, Joey
Fj596312
June 19 At Cle
High Handle Break; Detatched Wood; Hammered Barrel; Nice Handle Detail
$ 700.00

Phillips, Brandon
Fj612264
July 3 At Lad
Very High Tar; Good Overall Use; Lower Handle Break That Extendeds Up To Louisville Slugger Label
$ 400.00

Frazier, Todd
Fj596330
June 20 At Cle
Long Handle Break, Excellent Pine Tar
$ 250.00

Cozart, Zack
Ek044113
June 15 At Nym
Ls M9, Long Maple Break Past Louisville Slugger Label, One Solid Piece, Very Nice Barrel Detail; Cozart Had Two Hits
$ 300.00

Ludwick, Ryan
Fj614669
June 27 Vs Mil
Blonde Marucci; Excellent Condition For The Maple Marucci Bats; Nice Handle Detail, Slight Lower Handle Crack; Nice Barrel Use; Model Bh318
$ 300.00

Ludwick, Ryan
Fj161747
July 6 At Sd
Blonde Marucci; Multi-piece Break; Break Split All The Way Up The Barrel; Nice Handle Detail; Solid Overall Use; Model Mr24
$ 200.00

OaklandAsFan
08-10-2012, 10:28 PM
when teams set the pricing they almost always are ridiculous.

chakes89
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
The prices are outrageous. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought anything from them in a long time. I'm not overpaying just because it comes from the Authentics department

jbsportstuff
08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
The prices are outrageous. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought anything from them in a long time. I'm not overpaying just because it comes from the Authentics department
The crazy thing is that people are buying them at these prices. That's what makes the prices stay so high. If they weren't buying them at those crazy prices, they would end up going down. Recently I was at the Reds authentics booth and a guy bought two Votto bats for like 750 or 800 a piece. Unless he hit like 3 home runs with them, that's silly.

camarokids
08-11-2012, 12:14 PM
The crazy thing is that people are buying them at these prices. That's what makes the prices stay so high. If they weren't buying them at those crazy prices, they would end up going down. Recently I was at the Reds authentics booth and a guy bought two Votto bats for like 750 or 800 a piece. Unless he hit like 3 home runs with them, that's silly.

You are right! People are paying the price so the Reds have no reason to bring prices down.

Kinda sucks! But what will suck worse is when these people that are paying the high prices try to sell their items. They will be in for a shock!

natedunno
08-11-2012, 10:38 PM
They used to have great prices on GU at Redsfest over the years but anymore they've got greedy and prices are insane. I paid 90 bucks for a Todd Frasier GU bat from the Reds community corner during a Reds game 2 months ago and I seen then there recntly for 250. That's a huge jump in price.

chakes89
08-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Team starts playing somewhat well and gone are the days of $25 bats and $75 jerseys. It's a shame but that's how it goes these days.

Oh well, I'll take my money elsewhere and focus on minor league stuff

chakes89
08-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I know right? The common fan has no idea that they are getting hosed and they probably wouldn't even care if they did.

simmo2332
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
They used to have great prices on GU at Redsfest over the years but anymore they've got greedy and prices are insane. I paid 90 bucks for a Todd Frasier GU bat from the Reds community corner during a Reds game 2 months ago and I seen then there recntly for 250. That's a huge jump in price.

You do realize that the bat you bought was most likely a clubhouse collected bat from last year or spring training, right? Might be wrong though..

Thes ones they are selling that are marked $250 are MLB authenticated to this year and are probably high because of his numbers in the race for NL ROY.

I've bought some stuff from there (ALL Drew Stubbs stuff) so it's not been too much of a breaking of the bank for me but I AGREE the prices for the other stuff is outrageous. Most of the Stubbs bats I've bought have been $90-175 this year including his first HR of 2012.

Cozart bats for $350 and Frazier for $250... :rolleyes:

momen55
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
personally, none of this modern player stuff is worth anything. there is too much of it. i'll stay with vintage as much as possible.

Brucefan32
08-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Have you considered telling them your opinion rather than doing it here..I definitely don't want this place turning into another Facebook!

dplettn
08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
As several have noted, yes, pricing has spiraled upward to where essentially there is a direct purchasing premium on all but the few items that eBay resellers still buy to re-market in hopes that a some schmuck will perceive it to be uniquely scarce or will have a special connection to it.

I think the collecting community is insightful enough that we are capable of considering the cause of the pricing change… the abuses and greed of a few in our midst.

Direct prices went upward dramatically in reaction to a pattern of small-scale entrepreneurs purchasing things from the Reds not to cherish them themselves, but to pursue re-marketing efforts. Affordable Reds prices weren’t serving to keep items attainable by normal folks, rather re-marketers emerged and the wealth generated by re-marketing benefited the abusers rather than the Reds Community Fund.

My point here is that Reds collectors as a whole are seeing the result of the abuses from some in our own hobby. And, it continues still today. The buy-to-resell contingent of our hobby has been the impetus to what many Reds collectors have noticed (and complained about) in the primary (direct) market.

Sure, there are other teams which have taken alternate courses to address similar challenges. Those are decisions the team’s to make, not ours. Regardless, let’s not pretend to be ignorant of our collective failure to police ourselves. One guy still today begins his re-marketing efforts by showcasing his buys in our monthly “pickups” thread righ here on GUU. Then, he puts the same items on eBay.

camarokids
08-14-2012, 02:49 PM
As several have noted, yes, pricing has spiraled upward to where essentially there is a direct purchasing premium on all but the few items that eBay resellers still buy to re-market in hopes that a some schmuck will perceive it to be uniquely scarce or will have a special connection to it.

I think the collecting community is insightful enough that we are capable of considering the cause of the pricing change… the abuses and greed of a few in our midst.

Direct prices went upward dramatically in reaction to a pattern of small-scale entrepreneurs purchasing things from the Reds not to cherish them themselves, but to pursue re-marketing efforts. Affordable Reds prices weren’t serving to keep items attainable by normal folks, rather re-marketers emerged and the wealth generated by re-marketing benefited the abusers rather than the Reds Community Fund.

My point here is that Reds collectors as a whole are seeing the result of the abuses from some in our own hobby. And, it continues still today. The buy-to-resell contingent of our hobby has been the impetus to what many Reds collectors have noticed (and complained about) in the primary (direct) market.

Sure, there are other teams which have taken alternate courses to address similar challenges. Those are decisions the team’s to make, not ours. Regardless, let’s not pretend to be ignorant of our collective failure to police ourselves. One guy still today begins his re-marketing efforts by showcasing his buys in our monthly “pickups” thread right here on GUU. Then, he puts the same items on eBay.

With a link to the auctions in his GUU signature to boot!

slab0meat
08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
personally, none of this modern player stuff is worth anything. there is too much of it. i'll stay with vintage as much as possible.

To be fair, this "modern player stuff" will one day be vintage, too.. though a lot more will be out there.