PDA

View Full Version : New - GU Bat Resource and Reference Guide

gorilla777
07-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I thought this online resource thru PSA would be useful to a number of GU bat collectors:

http://www.psaprobatfacts.com/ (http://www.psaprobatfacts.com/)

It is a database of about 110 or so Hall of Famers and Star players bats, with photos and a nice write-up as to some of the traits and characteristics for each player.
Then there are photo montages for each of their best/better examples. It should help distinguish between the average examples and those that are top notch bats. You can click on each photo montage and it will zoom for better view, by the way.
Apparently the plan will be to add and refine the list, but it looks like a pretty good start to me.

Would like to hear what everyone thinks....

Thanks,

Ben

gorilla777
07-28-2012, 11:32 AM
By the way, there are some incredible bats in the database that I had never seen in a collection or making it thru some major auction house at one time or another...it was great combing thru the various players.

Ben

Dewey2007
07-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

It'll be interesting to see if any forum members bats are those used on the player links.

metsbats
07-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Joe Orlando is a great guy. I've had dealings with him in the past and they were nothing but positive!

Masimen
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
This is very cool! Even saw one of my bats on here. This site will no doubt come in very handy.

gorilla777
07-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Joe Orlando is a great guy. I've had dealings with him in the past and they were nothing but positive!

I agree with you 100% about Joe. When he told me about putting this database together, he really downplayed it and was extremely modest. To me, it looks like a lot of hard work and I think it's well done.

Ben

gorilla777
07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
This is very cool! Even saw one of my bats on here. This site will no doubt come in very handy.

Yes, that Clemente looks familiar, huh Steve?

maverick14
07-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Awesome resource.
One of my Cano bats is featured on there, the others they had are great bats which I hope pop up somewhere on the market in the future.
Really nice to have this if you decide to pick up a bat from someone you don't regularly collect so you don't have to search everywhere for characteristics.
A lot of work definitely went into making this database, very well done.

eGameUsed
07-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Was suprised to see a couple of my Biggio bats on there. Pretty cool resource!

Thanks for sharing it.