PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authenticated "HIT" bat ...

marino13
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
... this is first for me. I have seen many other "hit" baseball, but never ever seen a bat authenticated as such.

How cool is this? No Photomatch needed. If anything, if the bat can be back-track for others' significant, that would be even better.

Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.

Session Product Description:
Session Name: NYY AT TEX
Session Date: April 25, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER: MARK TEIXEIRA , PITCHER: SCOTT FELDMAN, TOP OF 4, SINGLE. VICTUS MT25. (BARREL)

TFig27
07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Gamers/damongehrig7.jpg

marino13
07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/Gamers/damongehrig7.jpg

Now this is cool.

Talking about authenticator really likes his/her job. I just hope that it is accurate, though.

OaklandAsFan
07-27-2012, 02:52 PM
they camp out in the corner of the dugouts, no reason to think that with a "significant" mark such as this they wouldn't just hand the bat to the authenticator for him to slap a sticker on it right there. No question as to is validity IMO.

marino13
07-27-2012, 03:16 PM
they camp out in the corner of the dugouts, no reason to think that with a "significant" mark such as this they wouldn't just hand the bat to the authenticator for him to slap a sticker on it right there. No question as to is validity IMO.

Damon's hit must have been YANKEES record related, only. It would have been better, if they could have put the exact hit #.

joelsabi
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Damon's hit must have been YANKEES record related, only. It would have been better, if they could have put the exact hit #.

must have been career hit 2722 for damon

here's my favorite place to keep track of milestone passing, you can sort too in many ways. its a great if you are milestone chasing as many collectors are

http://espn.go.com/mlb/history/leaders/_/sort/hits/start/51

tigerdale
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Hologram number FJ487665 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under PLAYER COLLECTED ITEM.
Session Product Description: BAT

Session Name: MIL AT WSH - GAME 2
Session Date: April 17, 2011
Autographer: IVAN RODRIGUEZ
Additional Information: AUTOGRAPHED IVAN RODRIGUEZ LOUISVILLE SLUGGER MODEL R226 BAT. INSCRIBED "1ST HR 2011". RODRIGUEZ STATED HE USED THIS BAT TO HIT A HOME RUN IN GAME 1 OF THE 4/17/11 DOUBLE HEADER.

flota89
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
My 2011 Skip Schumaker WS Game 6 bat is authenticated to a single.

camarokids
07-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Here is a Johnny Damon I recently bought directly from the Rays!

Session Name: TB AT BOS
Session Date: August 16, 2011
Autographer:
Additional Information: JOHNNY DAMON LOUISVILLE SLUGGER GENUINE G175 507 CAREER DOUBLE, PASSING BABE RUTH ON THE ALL TIME LIST FOR DOUBLE AGAINST DAN WHEELER IN THE 9TH INNING AT FENWAY PARK AUGUST 16, 2011, 6-2 SCORE

marino13
07-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Here is a Johnny Damon I recently bought directly from the Rays!

Session Name: TB AT BOS
Session Date: August 16, 2011
Autographer:
Additional Information: JOHNNY DAMON LOUISVILLE SLUGGER GENUINE G175 507 CAREER DOUBLE, PASSING BABE RUTH ON THE ALL TIME LIST FOR DOUBLE AGAINST DAN WHEELER IN THE 9TH INNING AT FENWAY PARK AUGUST 16, 2011, 6-2 SCORE

This is FREAKING awesome.

Got a die-hard DAMON fan in my circle - so if one day get bored with this, inbox me and we can work out a deal or two.

rdeversole
07-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Singles are nice. Home Runs are better. This is the only thing that has left my collection that I've ever regretted parting with later. It's in another nice collection now. Ahem, you know you want to sell it back to me! :-)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/ScreenShot2012-07-28at122942AM.png

camarokids
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
This is FREAKING awesome.

Got a die-hard DAMON fan in my circle - so if one day get bored with this, inbox me and we can work out a deal or two.

Thanks Marino! You never know what will happen in this hobby. I will keep you in mind.

marino13
07-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Singles are nice. Home Runs are better. This is the only thing that has left my collection that I've ever regretted parting with later. It's in another nice collection now. Ahem, you know you want to sell it back to me! :-)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/ScreenShot2012-07-28at122942AM.png

Dude -- I am sorry to open old wound. :D

But then again, I guess the funds were helpful at the time of the transaction.

Now, I got a new "itch" for game used bat - actual hit - MLB authenticated, of course. So, if anyone is selling, let me know what you got and we go from there.

Since ALL of these "hit" bats were broken/cracked/pieces (handle and barrel) - would you fix it? or would you just let it be? (for displaying purposes of course).

camarokids
08-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I do not like repaired bats! Leave them be. Some say they want to be able to swing the bat. If that is the case, keep the broken and just buy another bat that you can swing without repairing. You will not get as much for a repaired bat, if you try to sell versus leaving it alone.

jake33
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I have Elliot Johnson's authenticated 2012 pink mother's day bat. It is authenticated as used in the second inning.

I am pissed because he saw only 1 pitch in that inning and got an RBI single with it. Also later in the gmae to top it off, Johnson hit an 8th inning homerun with the same bat from the other side of the plate. So the same bat when was used in the same game when he was batting left and got a single and when he was batting right and hit the go ahead homerun which ended up being the winning run. I can even seen the hologram on the bat in the 8th inning.

No further data was entered in the database other than it was used in the 2nd inning angainst jake arrieta. A little more detail could have doubled the value of th exact same bat.