PDA

View Full Version : Possible Game Used, but PSA Cert has listed as Issued?

finfanrb23
07-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Have you guys ever purchased a jersey registered in adatabase as issued that actually turned out to be worn? I ask because Irecently purchased a Chad Pennington that I believe to be worn early in the2009 season, which was washed for later use. Unfortunately Pennington was lostfor the season in the 3rd game of the year and was not able to wearthis particular jersey again. So NFL Auctions later sold the jersey as issuedwith no knowledge that the jersey had ever been used. I can’t be positive thatit was ever worn since the hit marks have been washed away, however everythingon the jersey matches up. From the placement of the dolphins patches on thesleeves, loose threads, and I even counted the holes between patches andnumbers (which I’ll admit is a little excessive haha). I know at the end of theday it really doesn’t matter if I think it was actually worn in a game as thePSA cert says otherwise, but I was pleasantly surprised by my find. Anyone elseout there have a similar story? Do you think this happens often?

finfanrb23
07-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Also, I apologize for the spacing errors. I copied the text from a Word document and I guess the forum did not like that.

eric16841
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I personally have found this very common. Jersey are collected out the lockers of players and labeled as issued because the authenticator is not there to witness it coming off the field. I personally owned issued baseball jerseys that are dirty and pine tar covered but are labeled as issued.