PDA

View Full Version : Mike Trout's First Home Run Ball

swainer
07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Here's a great blog from the guy that caught Trout's first home run ball. He got hosed regarding his compensation for the ball but he seems to be happy with the result. I would've mentioned getting a jersey from him. He's a better man than I am.

Peace,

John

http://zackhample.mlblogs.com/2011/07/27/72411-at-camden-yards/

marino13
07-26-2012, 10:48 AM
If he PAID for the tickets in the area, I am okay with that.

But I have seen him and his "attractive" lady companion trespassed into right field at Yankee stadium and wearing the opponents' gear with hope of catching a HR ball.

He moved around during the inning - which is something you should not be doing since you are "sneaking" in.

Now back to the topic - that Trout's signed baseball - a dime a dozen. Even though, the experience is PRICELESS, he could have gotten more for the HR ball and actually PAID or being sponsored to shag the HR baseball.

just my 2 cents.

gnishiyama
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
This guy is a pro who I assume ball hawks for a living so I'm sure
if he took the ball hostage it would of have not sat well with his
"sponsors."
In any case what he did was cool.

joelsabi
07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
i like the ballhawk's approach to the situation. I think he was very respectful and has respect for his place during Trout's moment. I believe Trout will acknowledge him in the future positively because of this.

marino13
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
i like the ballhawk's approach to the situation. I think he was very respectful and has respect for his place during Trout's moment. I believe Trout will acknowledge him in the future positively because of this.

Zack is ONE nervous dude in the stand. He caught another HR ball at Yankee stadium tonight.

But the fans around him are NOT really into his antics when the Ichiro's HR ball DIDNT landed in his area.

As for the Trout's 1st HR baseball - he did the "right" thing because he "knew" better.

I have to say, he is very talented at what he does - and if any one knows him on here and so forth, just let him know to tune down a couple notch when the ball(s) do not come down his way. Running over other fans will cause more headache for him than anything.

sox83cubs84
07-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I have to say, he is very talented at what he does - and if any one knows him on here and so forth, just let him know to tune down a couple notch when the ball(s) do not come down his way. Running over other fans will cause more headache for him than anything.

Not really any different from what sometimes happens on the streets outside Wrigley Field.

Dave Miedema

marino13
07-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Not really any different from what sometimes happens on the streets outside Wrigley Field.

Dave Miedema

Outside in the street - it is fair game.

Inside the stadium - some would not take it very lightly when their kids or parents get knocked over.

I, for one, would not take it very lightly if my family ever get hurt by one of these so called ballhawks.

OaklandAsFan
07-30-2012, 11:42 PM
yeah we have an asshole ballhawk that trolls the stands during BP here at Chase. I've seen him bitch people out for "getting in his way" when he is running from one section to another and knock people down for balls.

I'm 6'5 and weigh 320, I don't "chase" balls when I do hit the OF for BP. I stay in one general area and if they come to me fine, if not someone else can have them. I have made it a hobby to get in this guys way when he goes chasing balls. He doesn't have much to say to me when I do it.