PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Bill Buckner article on ESPN,Intresting!

dodgersfan
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/061018&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Rudy

both-teams-played-hard
10-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Now that's a curse! WOW!

Why did Buck keep this a secret? Did he think this was lucky?

When will AMI auction this batting glove?

staindsox
10-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Ouch!!! As if the Cubbies don't have enough problems. Both Sox teams shed their drought leaving the Cubbies all alone...and the big 1-0-0 anniversary is coming up pretty quickly and they're still blaming their problems on a Billy Goat. I really hope Piniella can make history. How could anyone not want to see Chicago win a Series???

TNTtoys
10-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Funny thing is that all three should have rid themselves of their "curses" in back-to-back-to-back seasons. The Red Sox in 04, and the White Sox in 05... Remember what happened to the Cubbies in 03 when they had the Marlins on the brink???

JimCaravello
10-19-2006, 09:24 AM
What a great article! It's probably a little over the top in terms of detailed reporting, but it makes for a great read......I would love to know if you Cubbies fans think Lou is going to bring a title to the Windy City?!?!

I am a die hard Yankees fan and love Torre - but I would not have been disappointed if the Yanks brought Lou in.....I think the Yanks need a little fire in the clubhouse and they need to get rid of Arod, Johnson, Sheff, Pavano, Wright and a few others........Arod will be back, but if they bring Sheff back, I'll be highly disappointed......

Jim