PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Stadium Relics

Number13
07-24-2012, 04:43 AM
just a general question at this point and not actively seeking, but how hard would it be to track down parts of Tiger Stadium, besides seats? Through a general search I see they auctioned off a ton stuff a little over 5 years ago. What are the chances of finding some of the items. I'm not saying I would not be interested in seats, but just wondering how much is out there.
Thanks

mbrieve
07-24-2012, 08:32 AM
just a general question at this point and not actively seeking, but how hard would it be to track down parts of Tiger Stadium, besides seats? Through a general search I see they auctioned off a ton stuff a little over 5 years ago. What are the chances of finding some of the items. I'm not saying I would not be interested in seats, but just wondering how much is out there.
Thanks

They sold off that stadium piece by piece. Things come up from time to time, but prices realized at the time were pretty high and it may take a while for items to hit the secondary market. I'm sure a lot of it went right into private collections. I picked up a seatback for $25 and later had it signed by Alan Trammell:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/mbriev16/IP%20Autographs/Trammellseatback.jpg

The trough urinals popped up on eBay a couple years ago, can't remember if the seller got his asking price.